• Announcements

• B2K

Forum Upgrade - 7 Jun.   06/01/2020

The initial phase of the forum updating has been completed.  We will now be moving onto Phase II: Software update:   The current forum software is in need up an update to current version.  We have been testing the newer version, and are ready to update our live forums.    Themes: The Current WWIIOL Theme will be retired as part of the forum update.  It is non-compatible with the newer forum software.  A new WWIIOL Theme will be added after upgrade (as part of the upgade if everything goes smooth).   Once the update is completed the forums should look the same, but perform significantly better.   We will also be able to potentially expand functionality to include features and add-ons that are not available with our current version of the forum software.   There will be a few hours of downtime beginning on 7 Jun in the the early evening Server Time. 
BMBM

Starting Monday: The Hardest Campaign Yet

316 posts in this topic

Can't imagine any CRS telling you to eff off, please do provide tangible proof. 

You've been patient for years when basically nothing stirred at all, now you quit while we get the old hulk moving again? 

If you hate this new concept that is all of what, one week old, with a passion already, maybe give it a few more weeks to settle in? Chances are we're going to 1.36 pretty soon anyway.

1 person likes this

Calling the 88 a wonder weapon or an equalizer is a complete fantasy.  Once upon a time there were two players, Fafner and Fogaban. They were the guys whose names stirred fear in the hearts of Allied tankers.

BUT -----

The addition of berms along the sides of almost all roads, the introduction of more and better allied aircraft and then the final straw the change to the ammunition ( when the Tiger was introduced) oh yeah add in the dispersion factor( the first shot goes were its aimed then it takes 3 more to hit that spot again and the barrel bounces like a bouncy house at a kids party)

The 88 is nothing more than a giant toy for newbs to use in the ab and shoot at ea.

Changes continue to be made that do nothing but [censored] off the guys that are still here.

You gave the Allies a ton of equipment, there is no one online to use it.  So you didn't get them back and have only succeeded in driving the Axis guys away.

Pretty sure that was not what you wanted BUT thats what you got.  

1 person likes this

*** Well I unsubbed.

Ok, forgetting the comment made; what specific change caused this?

And what would you propose be changed back?

26 minutes ago, choad said:

Pretty sure this part is a steamy pile of horseshat.

Every other post is saying that there are no allies online, the map is rolling the wrong way ( for the allies) extremely fast , but yeah. Population on both sides is just fine.  

3 hours ago, hondo said:

Calling the 88 a wonder weapon or an equalizer is a complete fantasy.

I called it "unparalleled", and it is. The Allies have nothing comparable until the M5 (piece of poo with clap gunsight and no rangefinder) and the 17 pdr arrives, none of which can be towed with any degree of success until we fix the colliders, weights and inertias that the old crew messed up for yearrrrrrs (yes, ongoing work). Can't imagine why you would trash the best gun in the game.

Sadly, there are a few vet players both Allied and Axis who seem to think that complaining on the forums and threatening to quit is the best way to improve the game or offer constructive criticism. New CRS is moving this project father forward than ever before, full stop. You all know it’s a war game and therefore you can always have it your way 24/7. Honestly, I wouldn’t be playing at all if it wasn’t FOR the new drive to develop WW2OL, I came back last year and I am glad I did. 

This isn’t to say that no one can stop playing or will have disagreements, as we all know, but I just really find this attitude of fix my problem or I unsub to be counterproductive for all of us if you still support the project. 

With respect S!  

Why is the dispersion so bad, once sighted in for range it should hit the target , maybe a bit low or higher but still hit the target.

What we have now is either a miss or a hit , if hit then the 2nd and or 3rd shot goes either over or falls short . And that's pretty much if every gun in game. 

If range is misjudged then yes but especially the units that have use of the range finder their shots should hit every single time.  No different then wild game hunting you know what your Rifle or Bow can do and how it is sighted in . That's why most hunters take range finders with them into the woods cause 1 shot is what most hunters get especially if you are a bow hunter .

1st shot needs to sit , so range , right pin and let arrow fly =dead wild game.

15 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Why is the dispersion so bad, once sighted in for range it should hit the target , maybe a bit low or higher but still hit the target.

What we have now is either a miss or a hit , if hit then the 2nd and or 3rd shot goes either over or falls short . And that's pretty much if every gun in game. 

If range is misjudged then yes but especially the units that have use of the range finder their shots should hit every single time.  No different then wild game hunting you know what your Rifle or Bow can do and how it is sighted in . That's why most hunters take range finders with them into the woods cause 1 shot is what most hunters get especially if you are a bow hunter .

1st shot needs to sit , so range , right pin and let arrow fly =dead wild game.

After the first shot it bounces all over the place. Then the actual gun itself begins to rock like a 232 with the wheels missing.   Trust me I am an 88 gunner from way back when. This is not even close to what it used to be.   That is why during most attacks or defenses they never leave the spawn list.

The noobs use em for aa practice

Edited by hondo
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, raptor34 said:

Sadly, there are a few vet players both Allied and Axis who seem to think that complaining on the forums and threatening to quit is the best way to improve the game or offer constructive criticism. New CRS is moving this project father forward than ever before, full stop. You all know it’s a war game and therefore you can always have it your way 24/7. Honestly, I wouldn’t be playing at all if it wasn’t FOR the new drive to develop WW2OL, I came back last year and I am glad I did. 

This isn’t to say that no one can stop playing or will have disagreements, as we all know, but I just really find this attitude of fix my problem or I unsub to be counterproductive for all of us if you still support the project. 

With respect S!  

Completely agree.

What I find most enlightening is that we have both Allied and Axis threatening to unsub pointing at different perceived imbalances in the T0 spawn pool as evidence that CRS is hopelessly in the tank for the opposite side.

Let the map play out guys and see how things go. FWIW I think the battles are fun and interesting. 

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, hondo said:

After the first shot it bounces all over the place. Then the actual gun itself begins to rock like a 232 with the wheels missing.   Trust me I am an 88 gunner from way back when. This is not even close to what it used to be.   That is why during most attacks or defenses they never leave the spawn list.

The noobs use em for aa practice

ATG's are my favourite weapon in game, the rocking that affects all of them is annoying as is the gun moving way off target after shooting. I'd love to hear from people that have used them in real life, did they constantly move after being fired?

You can’t fire a gun like that and expect to see the target lined up spot on afterwards. Recoil is real.

1 person likes this

I for one am loving the more historical challenge of fighting off smg with a rifle (admittedly far far easier with an Enfield than a mas) but it is doable. The ramboing spawn campers are annoying and unbearable. 

Bar the last bit, its why I'm here, the challenge, its not something I'd quit over. 

Edited by aleca

36 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

You can’t fire a gun like that and expect to see the target lined up spot on afterwards. Recoil is real.

I am not talking about recoil.  Show me were the gun bounces around for 5-10 seconds ,    it Does not.   

Edited by hondo

I've used the 88 extensively and while I agree the bounce is odd it can be eliminated by pausing half a second between shots. It's only when you try to land hit after hit that you cause the oscillation problem. Not saying it shouldn't be looked at, but it's not as big of a deal as it is being made out to be.

1 hour ago, hondo said:

I am not talking about recoil.  Show me were the gun bounces around for 5-10 seconds ,    it Does not.   

First if its properly deployed like any other gun its staked into position. If its not staked and is in a hasty firing position it will certainly jump hard with every shot at low angle on anything other than flat terrain. Staking is not done if its deployed quickly...only if there is time to settle it into a proper position, 

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/TM/PDFs/TME9-369A_Germ88.pdf

page 26 but you will find the same description in the german manuals if you read German.  

In my experience an unstaked gun wont bounce for 10 seconds but it will definitely jump and may displace in any direction depending on shot angle. If you are firing high velocity/super charge the jump is worse yet...and that would be AP by definition.

16 hours ago, major0noob said:

psycological warfare will only drive the game pop down.

you're underestimating the populations value for balance and fun. we don't get paid to simulate warfare, we sub to have a good time.

a balanced ToE and no BS gameplay are key to having fun. 14 matties vs 4 232's & 3 stugs , and auto disparity isn't a good time.

you guys worked hard on it, but you gotta own up to mistakes.

this is want i was rambling about in that other thread, anti-constructive attitude: refusing to see a problem

And what if the math shows it has -no- bearing at all on the outcome?? Is it a mistake then, or is your opinion superior to normal statistical testing? Sorry - I don't buy that.  This thread has a great many opinions, and some are indirect conflict with each other. That's why I prefer the math... I' m not even going to try and sort out all the opinions. What I can do is tell you after the fact whether or not your opinion had any substance, or not. 

15 hours ago, Capco said:

If you never stop moving as a Matty in T0, your survivability skyrockets simply because you are entirely negating the #1 Matty threat:  the sapper.  

yup..just roll about slowly - which is easy to do in the matilda lol 

1 hour ago, hondo said:

Show me were the gun bounces around for 5-10 seconds ,

If its bouncing for 10 seconds, it is fighting to unclip itself from the terrain.
all units will do this, ask anyone who uses a stug a lot.

The unit will wiggle around attempting to find a stable, non clipping position

One way on an ATG to rectify is quickly cycle undeploy/deploy.
You dont usually have to fully undeploy it, just let it reconnect with the ground again.

Some times you do have to wind up doing a quick shift of location then redeploy, specially if the ground is very uneven or lumpy.

Has something to do with how the colliders and anti clipping / anti fall through the world works.
Not my flavour of voodoo though so i am not sure what might, in a code sense, make work/act better

8 hours ago, hondo said:

Calling the 88 a wonder weapon or an equalizer is a complete fantasy.  Once upon a time there were two players, Fafner and Fogaban. They were the guys whose names stirred fear in the hearts of Allied tankers.

BUT -----

The addition of berms along the sides of almost all roads, the introduction of more and better allied aircraft and then the final straw the change to the ammunition ( when the Tiger was introduced) oh yeah add in the dispersion factor( the first shot goes were its aimed then it takes 3 more to hit that spot again and the barrel bounces like a bouncy house at a kids party)

The 88 is nothing more than a giant toy for newbs to use in the ab and shoot at ea.

Changes continue to be made that do nothing but [censored] off the guys that are still here.

You gave the Allies a ton of equipment, there is no one online to use it.  So you didn't get them back and have only succeeded in driving the Axis guys away.

Pretty sure that was not what you wanted BUT thats what you got.  

The ammunition was changed to PzGR39 fpr penetration with the HE/KE audit - which was a ballistic  improvement over the 36 round previously used. Nothing was changed in dispersion at all. I'm not sure where you are getting your information on this but I can assure you its wrong. Having done every single round in the game for all weapons I would know. 

As for round to round dispersion I haven't looked at that for any weapon. That is in fact peculiar to each and every weapon and its deployment technique.

But on the ammunition thing? Yeah - your post is simply not correct. The 88mm penetration improved a bit with PzGr39  as its a bit more efficient ballistically...slightly better cap

11 minutes ago, scotsman said:

yup..just roll about slowly - which is easy to do in the matilda lol 

er, is there any other way to roll in a matilda?
I tried using the gear shift, but it was simply marked
Infantry before breakfast gear
Infantry after breakfast gear
Infantry on the way to breakfast gear
Infantry going to evening chow call gear
:)

2 hours ago, Nick said:

ATG's are my favourite weapon in game, the rocking that affects all of them is annoying as is the gun moving way off target after shooting. I'd love to hear from people that have used them in real life, did they constantly move after being fired?

Depends completely on the site preparation and gun preparation. The 88mm if set in will be staked and would have no jump per say...if its fired from a hasty position on uneven terrain at low angle it will jump, like any other gun. 

3 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

er, is there any other way to roll in a matilda?
I tried using the gear shift, but it was simply marked
Infantry before breakfast gear
Infantry after breakfast gear
Infantry on the way to breakfast gear
Infantry going to evening chow call gear
:)

not literally...just move slowly and dont stop

6 hours ago, scotsman said:

And what if the math shows it has -no- bearing at all on the outcome?? Is it a mistake then, or is your opinion superior to normal statistical testing? Sorry - I don't buy that.  This thread has a great many opinions, and some are indirect conflict with each other. That's why I prefer the math... I' m not even going to try and sort out all the opinions. What I can do is tell you after the fact whether or not your opinion had any substance, or not. 

your looking at this from a statistical outcome. in this sense you are totally right, and so is the ToE balance

but this is a game, we don't play for the outcomes; we play the part between the ToE and outcome. in this sense, the supplies are not fun.

thanks for being soo honest and clear with your conversations, among the rats and volunteers i think your the best at getting a point across

6 hours ago, scotsman said:

not literally...just move slowly and dont stop

mouse wheel down to low RPM in first, second, or reverse gear.

can do it in all tanks. it's vital to my tanking style of getting close cuts