BMBM

Starting Monday: The Hardest Campaign Yet

324 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Capco said:

If you never stop moving as a Matty in T0, your survivability skyrockets simply because you are entirely negating the #1 Matty threat:  the sapper.  

yup..just roll about slowly - which is easy to do in the matilda lol 

1 hour ago, hondo said:

Show me were the gun bounces around for 5-10 seconds ,

If its bouncing for 10 seconds, it is fighting to unclip itself from the terrain.
all units will do this, ask anyone who uses a stug a lot.

The unit will wiggle around attempting to find a stable, non clipping position

One way on an ATG to rectify is quickly cycle undeploy/deploy.
You dont usually have to fully undeploy it, just let it reconnect with the ground again.

Some times you do have to wind up doing a quick shift of location then redeploy, specially if the ground is very uneven or lumpy.

Has something to do with how the colliders and anti clipping / anti fall through the world works.
Not my flavour of voodoo though so i am not sure what might, in a code sense, make work/act better

8 hours ago, hondo said:

Calling the 88 a wonder weapon or an equalizer is a complete fantasy.  Once upon a time there were two players, Fafner and Fogaban. They were the guys whose names stirred fear in the hearts of Allied tankers.

BUT -----

The addition of berms along the sides of almost all roads, the introduction of more and better allied aircraft and then the final straw the change to the ammunition ( when the Tiger was introduced) oh yeah add in the dispersion factor( the first shot goes were its aimed then it takes 3 more to hit that spot again and the barrel bounces like a bouncy house at a kids party)

The 88 is nothing more than a giant toy for newbs to use in the ab and shoot at ea.

Changes continue to be made that do nothing but [censored] off the guys that are still here.

You gave the Allies a ton of equipment, there is no one online to use it.  So you didn't get them back and have only succeeded in driving the Axis guys away.

Pretty sure that was not what you wanted BUT thats what you got.  

The ammunition was changed to PzGR39 fpr penetration with the HE/KE audit - which was a ballistic  improvement over the 36 round previously used. Nothing was changed in dispersion at all. I'm not sure where you are getting your information on this but I can assure you its wrong. Having done every single round in the game for all weapons I would know. 

As for round to round dispersion I haven't looked at that for any weapon. That is in fact peculiar to each and every weapon and its deployment technique.

But on the ammunition thing? Yeah - your post is simply not correct. The 88mm penetration improved a bit with PzGr39  as its a bit more efficient ballistically...slightly better cap

11 minutes ago, scotsman said:

er, is there any other way to roll in a matilda?
I tried using the gear shift, but it was simply marked
Infantry before breakfast gear
Infantry after breakfast gear
Infantry on the way to breakfast gear
Infantry going to evening chow call gear
:)

2 hours ago, Nick said:

ATG's are my favourite weapon in game, the rocking that affects all of them is annoying as is the gun moving way off target after shooting. I'd love to hear from people that have used them in real life, did they constantly move after being fired?

Depends completely on the site preparation and gun preparation. The 88mm if set in will be staked and would have no jump per say...if its fired from a hasty position on uneven terrain at low angle it will jump, like any other gun. 

3 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

er, is there any other way to roll in a matilda?
I tried using the gear shift, but it was simply marked
Infantry before breakfast gear
Infantry after breakfast gear
Infantry on the way to breakfast gear
Infantry going to evening chow call gear
:)

not literally...just move slowly and dont stop

6 hours ago, scotsman said:

And what if the math shows it has -no- bearing at all on the outcome?? Is it a mistake then, or is your opinion superior to normal statistical testing? Sorry - I don't buy that.  This thread has a great many opinions, and some are indirect conflict with each other. That's why I prefer the math... I' m not even going to try and sort out all the opinions. What I can do is tell you after the fact whether or not your opinion had any substance, or not. 

your looking at this from a statistical outcome. in this sense you are totally right, and so is the ToE balance

but this is a game, we don't play for the outcomes; we play the part between the ToE and outcome. in this sense, the supplies are not fun.

thanks for being soo honest and clear with your conversations, among the rats and volunteers i think your the best at getting a point across

6 hours ago, scotsman said:

not literally...just move slowly and dont stop

mouse wheel down to low RPM in first, second, or reverse gear.

can do it in all tanks. it's vital to my tanking style of getting close cuts

35 minutes ago, major0noob said:

your looking at this from a statistical outcome. in this sense you are totally right, and so is the ToE balance

but this is a game, we don't play for the outcomes; we play the part between the ToE and outcome. in this sense, the supplies are not fun.

thanks for being soo honest and clear with your conversations, among the rats and volunteers i think your the best at getting a point across

I'm sure there will be fine tuning...I know discussions are ongoing. That's up to the people using the tool now... I'm sure they will ask if they have questions. I can't do an end of campaign analysis until it has been reached. 

10 hours ago, aleca said:

I for one am loving the more historical challenge of fighting off smg with a rifle (admittedly far far easier with an Enfield than a mas) but it is doable. The ramboing spawn campers are annoying and unbearable. 

Bar the last bit, its why I'm here, the challenge, its not something I'd quit over. 

Thanks for posting this Aleca. 

3 people like this

On 1/19/2019 at 7:17 PM, scotsman said:

Then the overall budgets can be lowered if need be.. I'll say this...it's easy to statistically test every weapon to see if the math says it was significant to an outcome - or not. I will not guess... but if the math says there is a balance issue with regards to budget size or a single weapon category.. it will stand out in the numbers and can be addressed. I'd much rather work this way than subjectively guess at everything. 

In one thread German players say tier 0 in the armor category is out of whack... yet it's easy to see who is winning etc. allied players say it's an automatic weapons imbalance...which in turn us disconnected from an imbalance in player population. The math won't lie. It will see through all that and isolate causes and effect.

I'm not so sure.  Companies spend millions analzing data but make wrong conclusions.  The German War Staff decided in WWI that going unrestricted sub warfare was less of a risk because the rail-miles and freight car counts had gone down indicating to them a shrinkage of the economy and carrying capacity, whereas the railroads had got rid of a lot of unprofitable branch lines and were building bigger cars with more cubic and ton capacity.

So very much depends on what questions are asked, assumptions made, and conclusions drawn on what data from questions and assumptions.

3 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I'm not so sure.  Companies spend millions analzing data but make wrong conclusions.  The German War Staff decided in WWI that going unrestricted sub warfare was less of a risk because the rail-miles and freight car counts had gone down indicating to them a shrinkage of the economy and carrying capacity, whereas the railroads had got rid of a lot of unprofitable branch lines and were building bigger cars with more cubic and ton capacity.

So very much depends on what questions are asked, assumptions made, and conclusions drawn on what data from questions and assumptions.

I agree 100%.

But I also think it's important to ask which system is more likely to lead you astray, and more importantly which system is more susceptible to cries of CRS bias?

CRS (old and new) always had the best intentions of the playerbase at heart. Yeah mistakes were made, but they simply got eaten alive at times for no good reason by the vocal minority that saw some nefarious intentions behind every decision.

Historicsl tiers and stats at least eliminates  *some* of that out of the equation.

S!

2 people like this

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, aismov said:

I find it ironic that in this thread Axis players are insinuating CRS Allied bias due to infantry support tank numbers in INF BDE, while in the other thread Allied players are insinuating CRS Axis bias in another thread on these forums due to SMG numbers in the INF BDE.

Just saying it's important to have a global spawn pool perspective and not just look at 1:1 match ups between equipment in the same class. 

So basically CRS tinkered with spawn lists and pissed off both sides?

Edited by ian77
1 person likes this

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, rotsechs said:

Well I unsubbed.

And after being told to [censored] off on a FB group by a Crs member, i'm glad I did. 

Fantastic game. Enjoyed playing. Made some good friends. 

@Rebel357. Respect to my air nemesis. I hated being bombed by u. S!

CC Rots, I saw the post too.

No point paying for a game when you cant spawn in and play the equipment  you want at least some of the time. I have gone from number one TOM last map, to not logging in other than to see if the spawn lists have been changed. My three accounts will just lapse as and when their subs fall due.

After 15 years I shall miss my squadmates, but most have already unsubbed over the years, and I shall miss the fun on discord running with Whips for the last couple of years :)

But I log in to relax, and now I end up more angry and frustrated from "playing" than I ever do at work.  I know the RATs are hyper busy and most have real world jobs in addition to their volunteer roles, but I do wonder how many of them ever try to just play for fun these days, or think about what other players see as fun? Being forced to either log in allied to play in a tank, (232s and Stugs are not tanks) or play axis and have to spawn as infantry most of the time just isn't worth paying for anymore - if I thought it was then all I need do is get a freeplay steam account and the smg DLC.

Oh, I too hate Rebel and his tank busting Hurri he needs to go fishing more!! :)  S!

S! Ian

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ian77 said:

So basically CRS tinkered with spawn lists and pissed off both sides?

That would not really be a fair assessment.
Especially considering the time scotsman and ohm etc have put into it

36 minutes ago, ian77 said:

I do wonder how many of them ever try to just play for fun these days, or think about what other players see as fun?

That is generally the only reason i log in, i die too much to log in for any other reason
A lot of the time i am playing with a rifle or a truck, sometimes a peewee tank for whom ever is underpop

Trying to recapture cps when both sides are down to rifles is fun too. Use your nades and your knife. 

Yeah it can hurts your beloved stats but it's a game of fun, not of egos.

2 people like this

On 1/20/2019 at 1:09 PM, Bmbm said:

You can’t fire a gun like that and expect to see the target lined up spot on afterwards. Recoil is real.

Who says that? after the shot the gun needs to be lined up again , But once it's lined up the range hasn't changed and the ET hasn't moved the next shot should hit about the same spot . What we have now is either over by a big margin or the shot falls short by a large margin.

I Stug exclusively and my rounds are all over the place if the 1st shot doesn't do the ET in .

And that's having it ranged and aimed at the kill spot again for the 2nd shot or 3rd.

I don't just fire then leave the gun where it ended up and pull the trigger again.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:23 AM, rotsechs said:

Well I unsubbed.

And after being told to [censored] off on a FB group by a Crs member, i'm glad I did. 

Fantastic game. Enjoyed playing. Made some good friends. 

@Rebel357. Respect to my air nemesis. I hated being bombed by u. S!

This reminds me of a movie I saw once.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, scotsman said:

You can sap and kill moving tanks, it's not hard, I've done it countless times. 

19 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

It does work, but in my experience the satchel usually clips and is inside the tank. Once it goes off it does kill the crew. On other rather rare occasions it sets but not on the spot u wanted it and then it's a 50/50 crapshoot,  again just my observation. 

1 person likes this

On 1/24/2019 at 7:34 PM, Mosizlak said:

Isn't there a certain speed threshold where the satchel won't stick unless the vehicle's speed is under that threshold?  

I feel like if the Matty is at Max RPMs in gear 3 or above, you can't stick a satchel on it reliably.  

Edited by Capco

12 hours ago, Capco said:

Isn't there a certain speed threshold where the satchel won't stick unless the vehicle's speed is under that threshold?  

I feel like if the Matty is at Max RPMs in gear 3 or above, you can't stick a satchel on it reliably.  

I have been tracked in a tiger in 8th gear flat out on the road a couple of times by sappers, and had my engine killed. Frequently sapped in 5th or 6th gear cross country. I dont think it is easy, and usually if I try to sap a moving tank, I die not it!

But it does happen.

5 hours ago, ian77 said:

I have been tracked in a tiger in 8th gear flat out on the road a couple of times by sappers, and had my engine killed. Frequently sapped in 5th or 6th gear cross country. I dont think it is easy, and usually if I try to sap a moving tank, I die not it!

But it does happen.

It definitely gets harder as the target speeds up, but it's doable. 

Rolling slowly might provide you a slightly higher chance of living, but not much unless the guy trying to sap you is a dolt.

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

It definitely gets harder as the target speeds up, but it's doable. 

Rolling slowly might provide you a slightly higher chance of living, but not much unless the guy trying to sap you is a dolt.

Oh, so you have seen me in sapping action then! :) 

S! Ian

1 person likes this