• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
Bmbm

Starting Monday: The Hardest Campaign Yet

324 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, madrebel said:

STOP THIS! just f'n stop - reality down to through the microscope is NOT needed.

you giving up your GPS map for all units? or - do you require the globe be actual size or are you fine with a half size globe? how about one life only? get rid of binos for all but mission leaders? such a silly argument.

U know what I'll give up MAP marks .

I have played without map marks and skulls and all the other stuff cause I have been here since 2001.  So bring it.

One can actually ambush again. 

Yes I'm for chat disabled once you die and it's active again once you respawn , I would not have an issue with it and I don't use Discord. Why disabled till you spawn in cause by the time you spawn in time has lapsed and you most likely will not type what you would as when you just died. Cause upon respawn your objective most likely has already changed .

4 hours ago, dog3 said:

I believe that the Versailles Treaty may have had a major influence on tank design and manufacturing by forcing the Germans to obfuscate their military rearmament and training.

Yea, pretty much.
They were disallowed to to make or have a lot of offensive and heavy stuff (at least not that they could openly show)
PZI and PZII did not technically qualify as tanks sort of, you could have a self propelled machine gun, which even the PZII is compared to most other tanks.

France also had a lot of tanks that fall in to the PZI/PZII class
we just do not have them in game yet.

Britain had 2pdrs in everything, if it was a tinfoil wrapped garden tractor, it had a 2pdr
Well except that Matilda MK I
(anyone see an inherent design flaw here?)
Matilda_(3666200692).jpg

7 minutes ago, mingus said:

dont be a PP head, you dont even play anymore. youre just starting [censored].

As far as I know nobody has yet played this scenario yet. I will have my opinion, and feel free to express it, respectfully, any day of the week. 

Not going to be boring ..... Change is good ,gets the heart  pumping !!!!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, smythes said:

Beware the Myth of the Blitzkrieg. There is a very good reason German Copper resources where so low: so much had been used on shells that had been stockpiled. As BMBM says the High Command where expecting fight a WWI esque fight, where the armour kept up with the infantry.  The Germans where ready to fight the last war, where as the British where fighting the next and had heavily motorised themselves. Yes the BEF was the most Mechanised force in the BoF.

The new theory therefore is "intelligent disobedience" won the BoF not any high level plan to do what Rommel did for example. Was their "Bitzkrieg" in  Poland? That campaign was geographically loaded in the Germans favour so not a fair sample.

100%

Funny how certain myths get perpetuated.

"French surrender at the first chance"
"Germans had superior tanks"

"Only the British had radar"

18 minutes ago, aismov said:

100%

Funny how certain myths get perpetuated.

"French surrender at the first chance"
"Germans had superior tanks"

"Only the British had radar"

Back in the early days, CRS' mantra whenever someone questioned equipment modeling, was 'provide original source data'.  While (unlike Luminary) I did not have the ability to hop on the first plane to France, I did start digging far deeper into the equipment-end of WWII research than I ever had before.  I was utterly shocked by what I found, i.e. that crappy data from reputable sources not only existed, but was pervasive.  Tracing sources backwards, it (eventually) became clear that many of our WWII historians (especially some of the popular ones who shall remain nameless) were basing their analysis not on original source data, (as CRS annoyingly but rightly required), but on other books who also cited poor information from older books.  I lost my library in the divorce, but many of the myths have come as a result of poor and/or lazy historical research by a bunch of renowned WWII historians/authors.

S!

what is the server time use? Brit?
also how's tier 0 up tier 1 and so on? time, how many tier, is capturing territory affect the tech too or

41 minutes ago, augetout said:

Back in the early days, CRS' mantra whenever someone questioned equipment modeling, was 'provide original source data'.  While (unlike Luminary) I did not have the ability to hop on the first plane to France, I did start digging far deeper into the equipment-end of WWII research than I ever had before.  I was utterly shocked by what I found, i.e. that crappy data from reputable sources not only existed, but was pervasive.  Tracing sources backwards, it (eventually) became clear that many of our WWII historians (especially some of the popular ones who shall remain nameless) were basing their analysis not on original source data, (as CRS annoyingly but rightly required), but on other books who also cited poor information from older books.  I lost my library in the divorce, but many of the myths have come as a result of poor and/or lazy historical research by a bunch of renowned WWII historians/authors.

S!

there are even "estimated armour penetration" sources cited for the Gr.38 Hl's armour penetration (pzr4 short barrel)

i remember arguing with stankus about it for a while.

43 minutes ago, madrebel said:

fwiw - french did abandon positions on rumors - google the panic of bulson

they were conscripts, there's a lot of BS cowardance thrown at the french, but IMO it's understandable for conscripted troops to avoid fighting at all costs

My understanding was that many of the Meuse divisions were "second line" divisions like noob said. The regulars were all up North since that was the main expected German attack.

7 hours ago, edztr said:

what is the server time use? Brit?
also how's tier 0 up tier 1 and so on? time, how many tier, is capturing territory affect the tech too or

I am not sure what you mean on the 1st part.
The server uses US central time for its real time clock, but that may not be what you mean?

Presently
Tier 0 basically equates to 1940
Tier 1 equates to 1941 and so on
Capturing territory does not effect technology advancement timetables

Edited by Merlin51

They should have none - it's not even an item on their list. If they do, it's an error and will be corrected ASAP. 

22 hours ago, ian77 said:

Not wanting to be a buzz kill, but who is this campaign going to be the "hardest" for, and why?

The poor sods in HC?

The Allies?

The Axis?

All Players in general trying to find the equipment they like to spawn?

CRS fielding even more complaints for tinkering with spawn lists again and the Tiers, should one side start to roll the map or be perceived to be the "winner" in the spawnlist war?

Everyone, as we watch a stalemate map that crawls along due to Overpop cap timers? 

Hardest??

Cant we have "the best", "the most exciting" or "the most historical" (not actually desired by this player) or "the most fun" - you make it sound like this game which I presume most of us play for fun is a chore. Mind you with Over Pop cap timers and fewer and fewer willing to guard it is turning into a chore for some.

S! ian 

Well now we know the answer -

HARDEST campaign ever for Axis.

Axis Inf - 7 possible armour to spawn of which 4 are 232

French Inf - 24 Armour

British Inf - 41 Armour, inc 4 Matties and 8 Matty CS

We have more Matties in 1 Brit Div than the entire BEF EVER fielded.

WOW!

Edited by ian77

It cant be history, the BEF had a total of 23 Matties. France bought a total of 60 DB7s, not all of which ever flew combat. So this is not history. We all know this is not history.

If this is really the CRS view of the future, then the game is done. Axis do not have a panzer with an MG in any inf flag. Axis inf flag has 3xstug Bs  and 4 x232s V the allied tank hordes. Thank god for the 2 axis pak 38s!    Brit inf flag has 12 Matties each.

I pray this is a mistake, yet again, with spawn lists. But if it is, how can CRS have possibly spent so much time on spawn list and screwed it up so badly yet again. "We removed tanks from infantry flags" and Brits have 41 to spawn!!

Words almost fail me.........................

Ian

all you can do is say your piece. this new team has to be allowed to make mistakes. not suggesting this is or isn't a mistake - just saying we need to let it play out so it can be tuned.

i don't particularly understand it either. scotsman did a lot of work on the new costing model but the players have precisely zero visibility as to if this model is or isn't being adhered to, nor the details of model itself so we really have nothing to go on. i'd personally like a bit more visibility so we can have something to argue about and perhaps crowd source a 'best' setup but at the same time, new/fresh is interesting to some extent - as long as we don't lose players over it.

1 hour ago, madrebel said:

history ian!

Funny here you come with History but then you tell me to quit with what I posted, sorry buddy but that's also History ,French tanks having no radios and being pretty much blind is also History and gave the Axis the edge even that they had mostly P1 and P2 and a few 38Ts , but I guess History is only convenient when it fits ones narrative,  am I right ?

2 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Funny here you come with History but then you tell me to quit with what I posted, sorry buddy but that's also History ,French tanks having no radios and being pretty much blind is also History and gave the Axis the edge even that they had mostly P1 and P2 and a few 38Ts , but I guess History is only convenient when it fits ones narrative,  am I right ?

You perfectly know that not only it would be too limited for the French who barely have anything for them and litteraly get put in a bus at the end of the campaign.
Why not introduce the fact that a single shot at a sherman make it explode huh? That's also History. They weren't called Tommy Cooker or Burning Coffin for nothing.

Or we could also take the fact that somehow in this game you are able to control a tank while being the only player inside. :)

We could also introduce random break out for Tigers, Infantry getting sick and being unable to fight. Being dropped 50km away from the supposed drop zone, simulated via random spawn at 50km around a FB?

We could go for that if you want Historical Accuracy. :)

5 minutes ago, dre21 said:

I think madrebel was being ironic?

S! Ian

1 minute ago, ian77 said:

I think madrebel was being ironic?

S! Ian

Probably, in either case. Dre need to leave my dear French tank alone. My Nation already have few things as it is.

8 minutes ago, dre21 said:

The French armored forces relied on flags to communicate, so I guess the question would be:  How would you like to incorporate that into a game where most tanks are not multi-crewed, and voicecoms cannot be regulated by the game?  I am all for historical accuracy, but just as French armored units did not have radios, German armored units did not have the ability to speak to every individual infantryman in their area.  How would you like to fix that problem, while fixing French armor coms?

12 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Tanks can't cap last i checked.....LOL

give it some time, we'll find a way to make them pass the door! :D

1 person likes this