aismov

1.36 and TBS can't come soon enough!

50 posts in this topic

Campaign #159 and 3 of 4 active AOs are softcaps :popcorn:

1 person likes this

Let me correct your terminology as the system sees it:

1. Hard AO - The Defense objective has a flag in it and all CPs are spawnable

2. No Mans Land - The defensive objective has not flag in it, however the linking town does therefore you can spawn and defend the town

3. Softcap - Neither the defensive objective or the linking towns have a flag therefore nothing can spawn to defend.

First night of the map is always difficult to start, as the placement of the brigades can change based on CinCs deployments. Remember HC also must move all the flags since each division is one town back from the frontline towns. Is it chaotic to say the least. Each side pushes to take advantage and react to the others deployments and press the advantage which usually means the first hour is No Mans Land fights.

As for the spawns trickling in,  since there is a lot of movement remember supply takes 60 min to trickle in from a town it was moved in to. 

11 minutes ago, knucks said:

Anything going to happen with CP capture?

In the near future? No.

We are looking at area based capture but that wont even be on the table till 1.36 is released, as that would require coding resources that are working soley on 1.36 right now.

As far as the timers for this campaign they will be the same as last map, since we just made some major adjustments to the TOE sheets and the breakdown between Armor and Infantry brigades, we want to see those results without changing other variables.

Alright what about reinforcement wave spawning? The way it is now everyone trickles in at different times, Respawning in timed waves say every 15-30 seconds a new wave is spawned, people will more likely be grouped up as they travel towards the target objective.

59 minutes ago, knucks said:

Alright what about reinforcement wave spawning? The way it is now everyone trickles in at different times, Respawning in timed waves say every 15-30 seconds a new wave is spawned, people will more likely be grouped up as they travel towards the target objective.

I've always been a proponent of this and recommended it before.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Capco said:

I've always been a proponent of this and recommended it before.

That's essentially a full time spawn delay on everyone. 10 seconds is pretty negligible and I get the objective of getting people to group up together... but how would the rest of the community respond to this? 

45 minutes ago, XOOM said:

That's essentially a full time spawn delay on everyone. 10 seconds is pretty negligible and I get the objective of getting people to group up together... but how would the rest of the community respond to this? 

In theory everyone would save a step, instead of having to organize after spawning in, soldiers spawn in as a group and can move forward right away, or wait for more groups spawn in. A battle with 10 people spawning every 30 seconds, that's how it would start and if everyone stayed together as they pushed then it's likely that would be enough to create the squad play some of us have asked for.

Edited by knucks

I like this concept.  Anything that encourages group play should be looked at. Maybe the mission leader can pop up orders that flash up on an overlay stating the objective, and with waypoints automatically placed.

1 minute ago, dropbear said:

I like this concept.  Anything that encourages group play should be looked at. Maybe the mission leader can pop up orders that flash up on an overlay stating the objective, and with waypoints automatically placed.

The mission orders already DO pop up.  Getting people to follow them is another matter.

6 hours ago, knucks said:

Actually this is happening now. Every 60 seconds of the 60 min trickle in.

Wait, this thread was about TBS holy return not cap timers.

I even painted my ToEs in pink just for xoom.

I withdraw my comment above. Report.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

The mission orders already DO pop up.  Getting people to follow them is another matter.

Getting mission leaders to exercise that tool of directing users is also another issue. The lack of mission leaders using waypoints and directing their combatants with that .orders is pretty obvious, and unfortunate because although it takes a little time to get setup, is very very valuable.

4 minutes ago, matamor said:

Wait, this thread was about TBS holy return not cap timers.

I even painted my ToEs in pink just for xoom.

I withdraw my comment above. Report.

Avoiding the hijack? Good on ya :). Also, let's see those pink toes, PROVE IT.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Avoiding the hijack? Good on ya :). Also, let's see those pink toes, PROVE IT.

I'm sure you won't me to post these. :D

7 minutes ago, matamor said:

I'm sure you won't me to post these. :D

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Getting mission leaders to exercise that tool of directing users is also another issue. The lack of mission leaders using waypoints and directing their combatants with that .orders is pretty obvious, and unfortunate because although it takes a little time to get setup, is very very valuable.

Disagree. There is zero incentive to use them, and close to zero value in most situations (since there is no group-based play anyway). I have orders permanently disabled in my UI.

20 minutes ago, XOOM said:

People are more likely to work as a team if they all spawn in at the same time.  

Once you nail the cap timers down and can drop SD entirely, I really think you should add this feature if at all possible.  Maybe ask Zebebee to do his polling magic.  Explain it to the PB well ahead of time so that they know this is going to improve their gameplay experience.  

I think wave spawning every 10 seconds would be an excellent place to start.  I'm not sure if 5 seconds would be enough to make an impact, and anything above 15 seconds starts to "feel" punitive.  

Just now, Capco said:

People are more likely to work as a team if they all spawn in at the same time.  

Once you nail the cap timers down and can drop SD entirely, I really think you should add this feature if at all possible.  Maybe ask Zebebee to do his polling magic.  Explain it to the PB well ahead of time so that they know this is going to improve their gameplay experience.  

I think wave spawning every 10 seconds would be an excellent place to start.  I'm not sure if 5 seconds would be enough to make an impact, and anything above 15 seconds starts to "feel" punitive.  

Well if you have to think along these terms, if a spawns are every 30 seconds, theres a good chance you get there say at 15 seconds, less, or more. But never more than 30 seconds. The longer the timer, the more effective the feature. You aren't waiting 30 seconds every time is the point.

As it is now:  can't people spawn in, wait 10 seconds for friends to spawn, and then move in together?  Or must it be 'forced' spawn-grouping?  Can we simply not control ourselves for 10 seconds before charging in alone?  Must we ask CRS to 'make' us group up together, when we already have the control to do that ourselves?  

1 person likes this

Just now, forrest said:

As it is now:  can't people spawn in, wait 10 seconds for friends to spawn, and then move in together?  Or must it be 'forced' spawn-grouping?  Can we simply not control ourselves for 10 seconds before charging in alone?  Must we ask CRS to 'make' us group up together, when we already have the control to do that ourselves?  

It's not about force, it's proper simulation of waves of reinforcement coming in. Spawning 1 person at a time is unrealistic and has no benefit. I think in a game this paced, you can afford to wait a few seconds before spawning in as a team, rather than a lone wolf.

Edited by knucks