• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
rodsantos

More points for strafing

6 posts in this topic

So, earlier today, I took off from Antwerp AF in a Hurricane and provided close air support at Aarschot-Lier FB. Over the course of the sortie I got eight kills (four enemy soldiers, three flak guns, and an anti-tank gun) in thirty-seven minutes. Pretty impressive for a mediocre pilot such as myself.

Yet, when I returned to Antwerp to RTB the aircraft, which landed safely with no listed killer, the AAR showed that I had gotten exactly ten points for a long, successful, highly dangerous mission.

Had I made those kills as an infantryman, I would've gotten at least six or seven times the points, probably more.

Why is such little stock put into strafing? It's pretty difficult to get kills consistently (unless you're a monster pilot like eagle or rebel), and every pilot has to brave a maelstrom of anti-aircraft fire to put their own bullets on target, yet the points rewards are so low.

Points for strafing kills should be upped. This would encourage more new players to get into the air game, since ranking up will be easier. 

Then, perhaps, we could get the sun-blocking air armadas which the old-timers talk about?

Most players don't even know there are air raid warning sirens ingame. Those things used to go off all the time. Allied airquake was an epic sight to behold.

But yes it's hard enough for pilots to rank up. One tip: bomb bridges. You get good points from that.

8 hours ago, aismov said:

Most players don't even know there are air raid warning sirens ingame. Those things used to go off all the time. Allied airquake was an epic sight to behold.

But yes it's hard enough for pilots to rank up. One tip: bomb bridges. You get good points from that.

What do you mean use to go off? Do we still have these?

18 minutes ago, knucks said:

What do you mean use to go off? Do we still have these?

Yeah, we do. You can occasionally hear one if it's high pop and there are plenty of pilots on. But it's rare.

42 minutes ago, rodsantos said:

Yeah, we do. You can occasionally hear one if it's high pop and there are plenty of pilots on. But it's rare.

Oh man that is so cool,  I hope to hear it one day.

The psychology of that damn thing going off and an endless wave of DB7s made even veteran players start losing their nerve. The psychology of that thing is something else. If you haven't seen full stacks of bombs falling every 30-60 seconds on an AB about to go belly up you haven't seen a real war in this game.

2 people like this