• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
GrAnit

Differentiated Brigades - I Like 'em

65 posts in this topic

Many more inf vs. inf battles this map.  I like the new brigade content.  I also like the 50mm atg class in tier 0.  The new lists are making for fun game play.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, GrAnit said:

Many more inf vs. inf battles this map.  I like the new brigade content.  I also like the 50mm atg class in tier 0.  The new lists are making for fun game play.

Glad to hear it - INF-vs- INF frequency was one objective. Would be interested to hear if there's been any improvement in the tank-vs-tank game too - and in the ATG game. Maybe population hasn't given opportunity for such effects yet.

Note though that with 1.36 and TBS/hybrid (depending on how we treat the movable flags) this yield might not be long-lived.

1 person likes this

Agree 100%.

In all the years I've played this game (since 2001), these are the best, most fun Tier 0 spawnlists I've ever seen.

S! 

3 people like this

I think I have spawned more 88s this campaign (to kill mattys) than any campaign previous that I played on for the atg side.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bmbm said:

Glad to hear it - INF-vs- INF frequency was one objective. Would be interested to hear if there's been any improvement in the tank-vs-tank game too - and in the ATG game. Maybe population hasn't given opportunity for such effects yet.

Note though that with 1.36 and TBS/hybrid (depending on how we treat the movable flags) this yield might not be long-lived.

Given the success, I hope you think about how to keep this aspect of the game going.  Perhaps make all permanent flags infantry brigades and all mobile flags armoured brigades. 

5 people like this

3 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Given the success, I hope you think about how to keep this aspect of the game going.  Perhaps make all permanent flags infantry brigades and all mobile flags armoured brigades. 

Agree with this. Ideally, I support the idea of very small garrisons and most of the game being about the flags alongside the new TOEs. However, with the mostly TBS model that is supposed to be upcoming with 1.36, I agree that having Town-based flags as Infantry and mobile flags as Armoured or Mechanized is the way to go. 

Keep supply lean and realistic in ratio as well in order to ensure that resupply is required for major operations. 

Edited by raptor34
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, GrAnit said:

I agree with this in principle as well. Make the moveable flags be the hammer rather than just more of the same supply.

Edited by choad
2 people like this

10 hours ago, deadbonbon said:

I think I have spawned more 88s this campaign (to kill mattys) than any campaign previous that I played on for the atg side.

I haven't seen this many 88s out in the wild for a very long time.

1 person likes this

..I did not like....

In the 2 Aos (today) there was no armed brigade...
no tank to play.
I will not pay 17 dollars for this.
I'll make a free account for play!

S!

Edited by kareca
3 people like this

23 hours ago, choad said:

I agree with this in principle as well. Make the moveable flags be the hammer rather than just more of the same supply.

Here is the issue with this, 1.36 is to take the dependency on HC away. You make the movable flags all armor, and you have no HC to move them or even they get cut off you are right back to having HC be need on 24/7

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, kareca said:

..I did not like....

no tank to play.

S!

I agree with you as well Kareca and this is one reason we are testing this stuff now. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, kareca said:

..I did not like....

no tank to play.

S!

Very valid point.

Once again I think the thing to learn here is the unintended consequences of every system you create.

9 hours ago, kareca said:

..I did not like....

no tank to play.

S!

I respectfully disagree with you. If for some reason there are no AFVs available for you due to flags or supply then it’s up to you to find a new role to take in the battle. I fly 80% of the time but I also take part regularly in the ground game, particularly armour. 

Players want realistic flags and supply but that also means that sometimes your unit of choice might not be available all the time. I disagree with players complaining about that when they know the system. We finally have a bit more realistic spawnlist where not all fights are supported by a ton of armour, and this is a welcome change. I don’t mean to take away from the discussion, I just mean to restate that WW2OL is more than playing a single unit, as you know Kareca. 

Just drive one in from afar if need be ;) 

S! 

It's pleasant to not have to deal with 20 allied armor surrounding spawnable.

Just sad that they many raged quit after only 24 hours on new campaign. 

7 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

I agree with you as well Kareca and this is one reason we are testing this stuff now. 

Agree also. I find the brig system new and different in reserved good way, but the lack of armor is a downer especially since the good armor support has been cut by 2/3rds coverage. I rather all the heavy support armor be eliminated and a heavier supply of 38ts, h39s and a13s be the best available from the start. 

1 hour ago, matamor said:

It's pleasant to not have to deal with 20 allied armor surrounding spawnable.

Just sad that they many raged quit after only 24 hours on new campaign. 

Lol, it's not rage quit, it's primarily that the axis pb that played allied last map went home this map. From the opening of the campaign the allies have had the lions share of being under pop. While I agree we need to test the new TO&E, it's unfortunate that the allies really needed to heal and grow thier numbers back before the testing.  I'm sorry to say but the past year and a half a ton of damage was done... tho I'm optimistic those issues are changing and will bring guys back, the monkeying around creating imbalances with different brigade structures might come off to those guys returning as just another version of the same. I'm not criticizing, just ... explaining. The pendulum need not swing so widely.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, kareca said:

no tank to play.
I

How far away was the ArmBde? The HQ? 

While you drive you are presenting the same opportunity as you would presumably want to be presented with yourself, to enterprising interdictors and enemy air. Give a little, take a little - see the big picture.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, kareca said:

..I did not like....

no tank to play.

S!

This is why i'm not logging in either.

6 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

How far away was the ArmBde? The HQ? 

While you drive you are presenting the same opportunity as you would presumably want to be presented with yourself, to enterprising interdictors and enemy air. Give a little, take a little - see the big picture.

You won't see much of that while the brigade system is in place.

1. Often the armored is occupying a frontline town... tho I did see quite a bit of guys in the dinant battle driving in from Flavion. However because we were underpop, they almost drained it. So we had to pull everything off the frontline to the bottleneck.

2. HQ is the fallback position which usually means the brig that fell back is attritted and only the HQ armor is available. During the dinant attack, we did not want to drain that supply due to both the drained armor brig and inf brig.

you won't see ppl pulling up supply till the hybrid is in place.

There's no way we can please everyone all the time. With armor freely available we get less inf-vs-inf battles, bloated spawnlists (because we need more inf to feed the campathon) and little movement in between towns. This TOE setup with more differentiated brigades is attempting to change the legacy experience; to bring more diversity into play; to create more challenge; to increase the value of armor when it is available. 

The campaign notes specifically warned against keeping the armored brigade perpetually in the frontline, though I understand that problems occur when HC is not around to move it in or out of danger. Old habits die hard - unwillingness to keep reserves and gamble with no-mans-land towns; the tendency to see every town loss as a soul-crushing defeat; and plain old focus on minimal TTC - this setup requires some adaptation of the play style people have been accustomed to.

I respect that people specialize in particular vehicles/roles, however, why not try specializing in something you haven't had much playtime in? There's a world of experiences waiting beyond doing what you've always done.

4 people like this

16 hours ago, kareca said:

..I did not like....

no tank to play.

S!

Logged in first time this campaign.

Same as Kareca. AO no panzers. DO no panzers. I also looked at the armour numbers in Allied flags. Huge disparity !!

I'll monitor through the tiers but I may be cancelling my account too.

1 hour ago, rotsechs said:

Same as Kareca. AO no panzers. DO no panzers. I also looked at the armour numbers in Allied flags. Huge disparity !!

So rather than do that you need to make a suggestion that works for everyone. Guaranteed unit availability can be done but only at the price of affecting other game play. It's also about more than numbers. C/s tanks with no antitank capability can't kill tanks with that capability. Everyone here has  screamed repeatedly about game play considerations and considering more than economics for either side. Yet when that is done, the screams revert to numbers while ignoring ingame capability.

as I said in another thread....do you want the stugs robbed of their AT capability simply because the Brits didn't have that on c/s tanks? 

Everyone wants their favorite toy without regard to who else it hurts gameplay wise. The pilots want guaranteed air availability and twenty four seven severe clear weather. That hurts the ground game, but if they don't get it they are ticked off. 

You are saying you want guaranteed armor availability while others say they want pure infantry fights. I get it - I'm principally armor myself...but the nature of the WWII battle is that armor is rarer than infantry. There can and should be infantry only fights, as that's history. 

Im open to suggestions as is everyone else. Propose a solution that doesn't hurt other players and I'm all ears. And for the record - there are some things I don't care for as well as a simple player...but we either support the game or risk losing it for good until issues like this can be resolved to the satisfaction of all. It's TOE so change comes quickly now the trade tools are in place...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, stankyus said:

Lol, it's not rage quit, it's primarily that the axis pb that played allied last map went home this map. 

That won't explain why so many allied vets are missing from my stats. You know, these ones that played full time during last weeks when our factories were bombarded and we had nothing else than rifles?

2 hours ago, rotsechs said:

My thought process for smgs as well.  Paying $18...No desire to 'find a new role.' Such lean supply, I don't even log in.  

There are 30+ smg per unit. You think that’s too little?

2 people like this