• Announcements

    • PITTPETE

      NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

      The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
GrAnit

Differentiated Brigades - I Like 'em

65 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bmbm said:

There's no way we can please everyone all the time. With armor freely available we get less inf-vs-inf battles, bloated spawnlists (because we need more inf to feed the campathon) and little movement in between towns. This TOE setup with more differentiated brigades is attempting to change the legacy experience; to bring more diversity into play; to create more challenge; to increase the value of armor when it is available. 

The campaign notes specifically warned against keeping the armored brigade perpetually in the frontline, though I understand that problems occur when HC is not around to move it in or out of danger. Old habits die hard - unwillingness to keep reserves and gamble with no-mans-land towns; the tendency to see every town loss as a soul-crushing defeat; and plain old focus on minimal TTC - this setup requires some adaptation of the play style people have been accustomed to.

I respect that people specialize in particular vehicles/roles, however, why not try specializing in something you haven't had much playtime in? There's a world of experiences waiting beyond doing what you've always done.

 

This. After 18 years, this.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

There are 30+ smg per unit. You think that’s too little?

29. I killed a smg with a flipped 232 in Dinant this week... oh, that was xohor. Sorry xohor.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kareca said:

..I did not like....

 

In the 2 Aos (today) there was no armed brigade...
no tank to play.
I will not pay 17 dollars for this.
I'll make a free account for play!

S!

 

7 hours ago, rotsechs said:

This is why i'm not logging in either.

 

3 hours ago, rotsechs said:

Logged in first time this campaign.

Same as Kareca. AO no panzers. DO no panzers. I also looked at the armour numbers in Allied flags. Huge disparity !!

I'll monitor through the tiers but I may be cancelling my account too.

 

Lol, 1.36 isn't even out yet and you are already seeing how the idea of being forced to drive up supply from rearline towns is royally pissing people off.  

 

Yup.  Euro Truck Simulator: WWII Edition is going to be a blockbuster!  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't like the fact that it seems everywhere I went, the allies had no automatic weapons left and most of the German infantry I saw were SMG/LMG. 

Maybe I just had bad luck in choosing missions, but is there a big disparity in the number of autos between the sides? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Capco said:

Lol, 1.36 isn't even out yet and you are already seeing how the idea of being forced to drive up supply from rearline towns is royally pissing people off.  

Yet all the old salts fondly remember the awesomesauce rear town armor columns... and the joy of catching one. <shrug>

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmgs  are pretty even , axis smgs about 2 to 1. 

Given the k/d of the axis lmg, pretty big edge on autos.

Edited by goreblimey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bmbm said:

Yet all the old salts fondly remember the awesomesauce rear town armor columns... and the joy of catching one. <shrug>

I can't imagine how frustrating it can feel to be in your shoes at times boomboom.  At the risk of sounding like a parrot, thank you for all you do!  We really do appreciate it!

 

As I said before countless times, people think their memories of the past exist in a vacuum.  The gaming world is a lot different than it was 5 years ago let alone almost 20.  People today won't put up with what we put up with in 2001-2007.  There are too many options available that are less frustrating even if they are also less entertaining.  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I just don't like the fact that it seems everywhere I went, the allies had no automatic weapons left and most of the German infantry I saw were SMG/LMG. 

Maybe I just had bad luck in choosing missions, but is there a big disparity in the number of autos between the sides? 

tier0

               LMG                    SMG                SEMI
DE armor 20 36 0
FR armor 30 25 2
UK armor 25 23 0
       
DE inf 30 70 0
FR inf 36 30 2
UK inf 30 40 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Given the k/d of the axis lmg, pretty big edge on autos.

Which is what I reckon EVERYONE agree is as it should be. It would seem odd to have twice the amount of Allied LMGs to make up for the performance of the MG34. The superiority and craftsmanship of the gun is reflected in the price: it's nearly twice as pricey as the Allied counterparts. We are exploring ways to put the LMG back in its proper support role, to adjust the gun-and-run Rambo playstyle which I believe most folks abhor, but we're not quite there yet.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Numbers are irrelevant if the playerbase on one side doesn't log in. In Rethel today I logged in to see axis fms setup within plain sight of allied cps and still they managed to swamp the allies. It was simply a grey tsunami. I am noticing mostly f2p allies and lots were dying without ever firing a shot. Very few vets able to spawn atgs, armor or engies to kill the fms.

Grats to the axis but in a even pop attack they eould have been decimated, even with the pak38s vs r35s.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

Which is what I reckon EVERYONE agree is as it should be. It would seem odd to have twice the amount of Allied LMGs to make up for the performance of the MG34. The superiority and craftsmanship of the gun is reflected in the price: it's nearly twice as pricey as the Allied counterparts. We are exploring ways to put the LMG back in its proper support role, to adjust the gun-and-run Rambo playstyle which I believe most folks abhor, but we're not quite there yet.

Yet you still allow the highest kd ratio weapon to flood one side....read what you typed and ask yourself why play allied atm.

Vets can normally deal with them..most of the playerbase just log.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Lmgs  are pretty even , axis smgs about 2 to 1. 

Given the k/d of the axis lmg, pretty big edge on autos.

Sorry, this is pure insanity. Almost a 2-1 advantage in SMGs?  You expect people to fight with rifles vs SMGs in close combat? With the warping code this game has? 

Someone dropping some serious shrooms when they made that decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the old spawnlist for comparison. Not sure about the UK inf SMGs, I have corrupt data. As you can see, LMG count is pretty stable whereas SMGs have dropped considerably.

tier0           LMG              SMG              SEMI
DE armor 25 55 0
FR armor 25 35 0
UK armor 25 35 0
       
DE inf 30 150 0
FR inf 30 160 0
UK inf 20                   80 (?) 0

 

15 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Yet you still allow the highest kd ratio weapon to flood one side

And your suggestion is...?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

Here's the old spawnlist for comparison. Not sure about the UK inf SMGs, I have corrupt data. As you can see, LMG count is pretty stable whereas SMGs have dropped considerably.

tier0           LMG              SMG              SEMI
DE armor 25 55 0
FR armor 25 35 0
UK armor 25 35 0
       
DE inf 30 150 0
FR inf 30 160 0
UK inf 20                   80 (?) 0

 

And your suggestion is...?

 

Parity for the FR and supplemental for the UK. 
But these are micro issues. The macro issue is why are the Allied severely under-popped and de-motivated? Last three days the ratio of town captures of Axis vs. Allied is abysmal. Something isn't working and the risk is a game that bores one side because winning is a cake-walk, and de-motivates the other side by making it hopeless. Good luck.

Edited by dustyhc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bmbm said:

There are 30+ smg per unit. You think that’s too little?

Yeppers. If that's what it is. I log into a depot: 2smgs. French. 

Brits supposedly have more? I think I saw 6 in a depot once. 

But, two smgs amongst the "hundreds" of players playing the game? To defend a depot? Against hip-shooting, laser guided lmgs and other smgs?

Just had "fun" against an lmg in a cp who ran up the stairs, oblivious to where I was, sprinted up the stairs, went prone while shooting and turning 360 all at the same time. "Fun."

Ya-no. I get one crack at defending a town, maybe two. If that's fun for you all, then rock on with your bad self. 

 

Edited by xohorvath
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that twice the amount of SMGs wouldn't have done you much good in that situation. If towns fall with plenty of supply still in the list my deduction is that the problem lies elsewhere.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, xohorvath said:

Yeppers. If that's what it is. I log into a depot: 2smgs. French. 

Brits supposedly have more? I think I saw 6 in a depot once. 

But, two smgs amongst the "hundreds" of players playing the game? To defend a depot? Against hip-shooting, laser guided lmgs and other smgs?

Just had "fun" against an lmg in a cp who ran up the stairs, oblivious to where I was, sprinted up the stairs, went prone while shooting and turning 360 all at the same time. "Fun."

Ya-no. I get one crack at defending a town, maybe two. If that's fun for you all, then rock on with your bad self. 

 

Basically this. 

No one wants to continually fight with rifles vs the enemy who has automatic weapons. 

Once the autos are gone, so am I. I'll either use armor or leave the town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree, that big a difference in SMGs is probably too much.

Not sure how you arrive at all those numbers, but french and brit INF flags should get like 10 more SMGs - to help make the numbers closer. (if that gives them too much infantry overall, remove a few rifles)

A 2x in SMGs, even though partially made up with extra LMGs and couple semis, is too much imo.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

I have a feeling that twice the amount of SMGs wouldn't have done you much good in that situation. If towns fall with plenty of supply still in the list my deduction is that the problem lies elsewhere.

You don't think extra SMGs would matter in defending cps? The axis, I think, if I'm being fair, would easily tell you that the less SMG's I have, the better off they are. I prevent towns and cps from being overrun/capped in the first place.

 I'm not the only one of course, but I am one of the very few.   That's what I do on a daily basis. Look at my tag line. You reduce me to 1 smg in one depot, IF I AM lucky enough to get ONE in the first place....forget about it.  It's not "hard" at all. It's even easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, xohorvath said:

Yeppers. If that's what it is. I log into a depot: 2smgs. French. 

Brits supposedly have more? I think I saw 6 in a depot once. 

But, two smgs amongst the "hundreds" of players playing the game? To defend a depot? Against hip-shooting, laser guided lmgs and other smgs?

Just had "fun" against an lmg in a cp who ran up the stairs, oblivious to where I was, sprinted up the stairs, went prone while shooting and turning 360 all at the same time. "Fun."

Ya-no. I get one crack at defending a town, maybe two. If that's fun for you all, then rock on with your bad self. 

 

The 360 lmg needs to die a horrible death and will hopefully soon.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Basically this. 

No one wants to continually fight with rifles vs the enemy who has automatic weapons. 

Once the autos are gone, so am I. I'll either use armor or leave the town. 

Yup so use your Mattie c/s... it will kill and interdict used properly. Protection is key.. but from what I'm reading it's not being used as it should because the axis may have too many players and atgs close to begin with. I'll have to pop in and see...but the tools are there to offset an axis small arms advantage. The trouble is the player disparity from what I can see.

the  key you to winning going forward is understanding where you are strong and they aren't.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scotsman said:

The trouble is the player disparity from what I can see.

Huh.

I recall recent discussions of production cost as a balance mechanism, in which there was vigorous pushback against an argument that what's actually needed is side fighting-effectiveness balance, not just equal cost of weapons.

Equal aggregate cost of weapons doesn't result in side fighting-effectiveness balance if the population is unbalanced for any reason...possibly including that they subjectively, correctly or not, see an advantage to one side's kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, scotsman said:

Yup so use your Mattie c/s... it will kill and interdict used properly. Protection is key.. but from what I'm reading it's not being used as it should because the axis may have too many players and atgs close to begin with. I'll have to pop in and see...but the tools are there to offset an axis small arms advantage. The trouble is the player disparity from what I can see.

the  key you to winning going forward is understanding where you are strong and they aren't.

Sorry, matties aren't going to help you defend CPs. 

You're comparing apples and oranges.  You can have 400 matildas roaming your town, but when the rifles in the CPs defending get overwhelmed by SMGs/LMGs, your town is just as F'ed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scotsman said:

Yup so use your Mattie c/s... it will kill and interdict used properly. Protection is key.. but from what I'm reading it's not being used as it should because the axis may have too many players and atgs close to begin with. I'll have to pop in and see...but the tools are there to offset an axis small arms advantage. The trouble is the player disparity from what I can see.

I had fun with a matty CS last night, we just did not have enough people to take advantage of it and press the advantage.
Kept the enemy FMS all messed up, til they finally got a sapper to me from another fms or something.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to panzers in INF flag for axis, or lack of. (could apply to allies flags too)

Is there anyway to put a 0 in for Availability in the flag, then put 2 in for Capacity?

So, there may be no IIC or IIIF in the INF flag, but we could drive one from HQ and stock it into the INF flag.

Basically, have it setup so INF flags never get IIC/IIIF via RDP, but allow players to stock a couple into the INF flag manually.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.