• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
imded

Axis LMG

33 posts in this topic

This 25+ pounds machinegun is way overused in this game. Yes it can be hip fired, BUT, it cant accurately shoot at a run or walk

It weighs 25+ pounds, with ammo more and load out of individual. This guys is carrying lots of heavy stuff.

Now try running and shooting,.

THIS IS TOTAL BS

That is why I joined the ranks of F2P

What imded said. Ridiculous implementation of a stationary weapon.

2 people like this

This is not even addressing the scatter of the rounds.

OH, BTW, WIKKI says they are all designed to shoot at 200m to 2km. NOT close in.

Been discussed many times here. It's an issue with all sides. Do you have any concrete plans of how to address this issue?

The most common fix proposal (deployed only firing) is just as ahistorical as hip firing.

Can be fired from deployed or crouch. No fully upright position allows fire.  Seems like a compromise, as there would be physical hampering lugging it on the run. So not a stationary only weapon, but one that hampers the rate of advance if used un-deployed.

Do you have any concrete plans of how to address this issue?

The most common fix proposal (deployed only firing) is just as ahistorical as hip firing.

Hip firing must be allowed, as it's historical. Whirling around spraying bullets is ahistorical.

So, for all LMGs (MG34, MG42 once modeled, M1919 all versions, Vickers once modeled, French and Italian LMGs once modeled):

1. Create two new "deployed" positions, "standing deployed" and "walking deployed". Same length of time to enter and exit as prone deployed.

2. For both the "standing deployed" and "walking deployed" positions, the gun is held at the waist.

3. Eliminate the ability to shoulder-fire all LMGs while ordinary-standing or moving.

4. Increase the climb of LMGs in both "standing deployed" and "walking deployed" positions, compared to prone-deploy.

5. Limit the rotational speed in both "standing deployed" and "walking deployed" positions.

Edited by jwilly
2 people like this

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

Hip firing must be allowed, as it's historical. Whirling around spraying bullets is ahistorical.

So, for all LMGs (MG34, MG42 once modeled, M1919 all versions, Vickers once modeled, French and Italian LMGs once modeled):

1. Create two new "deployed" positions, "standing deployed" and "walking deployed". Same length of time to enter and exit as prone deployed.

2. For both the "standing deployed" and "walking deployed" positions, the gun is held at the waist.

3. Eliminate the ability to shoulder-fire all LMGs while ordinary-standing or moving.

4. Increase the climb of LMGs in both "standing deployed" and "walking deployed" positions, compared to prone-deploy.

5. Limit the rotational speed in both "standing deployed" and "walking deployed" positions.

Agree with all of these.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, dustyhc said:

Right.  Basically, physically hamper the user somewhat. Remove running fire mode.

It's important to note that the goal isn't to nerf the weapon, or those who play with it. The goal is better realism.

And yes, there are other things in the game that are realism-challenged. They'll get their fixes ASAP.

Rats have said the lmgs are being looked at.

I look forward to what they cone with, in particular the issues with deploying in windows and broken rubble without sticking out like dogs balls.

32 minutes ago, jwilly said:

It's important to note that the goal isn't to nerf the weapon, or those who play with it. The goal is better realism.

And yes, there are other things in the game that are realism-challenged. They'll get their fixes ASAP.

Exactly. Some weapons are better than others. Nobody is saying we should nerf the Spitfire since it has a 3 vs 1 KD compared to the 109. Same goes for the LMG. Methinks it will still have a higher KD, but the spray and kill method needs to go.

Yes. My first post on this was ~10 years ago.

It was obvious then that the rambo mg34 is BS, and it's even worse now (since so many axis players use it that way). It's bad enough to make me want to vomit.

It should have been ended 10 years ago. Put this F-ing garbage out of its misery already. We have had dozens of threads explaining how. No more of this nonsense. End the rambo mg34, NOW.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, jwilly said:

+1

As far as I'm concerned, this is the #1 inf issue in the game.

1 person likes this

If it gets addressed i will be shocked. Long complained about, but many players have made careers out of using it as presently modeled and i bet the blow-back would be too great. CRS did engage the playbase regarding it so I guess it is possible though, to be fair.

remove hip fire, add aim down sights (ADS)

make the aiming animation slow: they'll never get the drop on someone

make the ADS rotation sluggish: they'll only be useful in defensive engagements

all guns can only walk while ADS

then use the ADS stance to fix the LMG's deployment stance; so they keep their heads low. instead of aiming with their chests exposing their upper bodies making them easy to kill

can also fix the barrel clipping, so the bi-pod isn't 2ft out the window giving their positions away

16 minutes ago, choad said:

If it gets addressed i will be shocked. Long complained about, but many players have made careers out of using it as presently modeled and i bet the blow-back would be too great. CRS did engage the playbase regarding it so I guess it is possible though, to be fair.

Ya, but they have to know.

I guess some guys are good at it, but I never have good luck spraying from the hip with that thing. I hardly ever use it except occasionally for niche tasks.

Plus if you get into an engagement over 25m you're screwed. Out of hip fire range and you'll probably get shot as you're deploying. I'll take any smg pretty much anyday over the mg34. The only instance I would take an mg34 is to camp an ems from afar or if i had to cut something beyond like 200m.

Edited by dfire

My own personal take is the LMG thing is blown out of the water. Vast majority of kills are done by rifles and SMGs, and of the many caps I've taken part of I can't remember a single one where a LMG cleared out the room.

That said, I understand it's an issue since I've been on the receiving end of the Rambo LMG myself and the times it does happen is pretty gamey. So I'm all for the change. Just saying that if players think this is going to make some sort of huge difference in gameplay outcomes better check their hopes & dreams by the door.

I notice  most everyone here complaining about the LMG is allied ! just excuses cause you all cant fight ! its ok if your laser SMG can clear a cp and there are some do the same make a career outta it ,and its ok Mathilda's are pill boxes tho right ! if you want to make things historic better start with the allied side tanks , atgs , planes that cant be shot down ! allies are spoiled when u cant fight spawn uber tanks I'm sure u get plenty of kills ! most ridiculous thread I've seen yet ! learn to fight allies ! no one to blame but yourselves and maybe CRS for making a lot of your equipment over powered ! bunch of whining babies I cant win cause axis has a gun that can hip shoot is BS ! if you want to make things historic better start on your own side 1st ! the LMG is fine ! and it was hip used in real war just took a real man to do it !

1 person likes this

^^^ Funniest post of 2019 so far, and it isn't even close. :lol:

3 people like this

47 minutes ago, eagle said:

I notice  most everyone here complaining about the LMG is allied ! just excuses cause you all cant fight ! its ok if your laser SMG can clear a cp and there are some do the same make a career outta it ,and its ok Mathilda's are pill boxes tho right ! if you want to make things historic better start with the allied side tanks , atgs , planes that cant be shot down ! allies are spoiled when u cant fight spawn uber tanks I'm sure u get plenty of kills ! most ridiculous thread I've seen yet ! learn to fight allies ! no one to blame but yourselves and maybe CRS for making a lot of your equipment over powered ! bunch of whining babies I cant win cause axis has a gun that can hip shoot is BS ! if you want to make things historic better start on your own side 1st ! the LMG is fine ! and it was hip used in real war just took a real man to do it !

Softcapping towns during low pop isnt fighting. 

Also if matties are the only thing in the argument they're only there for one tier, Thats 7 days before the 3h comes in and rolls face on all Allied tanks.

Edited by lutenint

*** Thats 7 days before the 3h comes in and rolls face on all Allied tanks.

Heh, sure, check stats, IIIH vrs Matilda Mk II:    19 to  39,    0.49 KD.

Keep going with all these LMG threads.

The Axis side is really fed up, and about ready to really start complaining about all this extra Allied Matty supply lately.

Both sides are getting upset about equipment.

Edited by krazydog

1 minute ago, krazydog said:

Keep going with all these LMG threads.

The Axis side is really fed up, and about ready to really start complaining about the extra Allied Matty supply lately.

Oh pretty sure you are late to the party on that one. Last campaign there were a number of threads on that very topic ...

11 minutes ago, choad said:

Oh pretty sure you are late to the party on that one. Last campaign there were a number of threads on that very topic ...

That stuff was just the warm up - preliminary concerns.

We are just getting started mate!

Never too late! :)

Edited by krazydog