imded

F2P addition

9 posts in this topic

Seeing as how the rifle can carry a (1) HE charge. Why not add a (1) REPAIR kit too.

This will make them just slightly more useful, but not a game changer.

AND how about one weekend a month that they have greater access to more equipment. Lets say up to tier 2 as it comes available.

From 1700 Friday server time to 0000 hours sunday night server time.

It's a terrible idea to add capabilities to F2P before all the planned alternate monetization means are in place and proven to work better than the subscription model.

It'll just move more current subscribers to playing for free, and starve CRS of $$ to pay the bills and develop the game.

10 hours ago, jwilly said:

It's a terrible idea to add capabilities to F2P before all the planned alternate monetization means are in place and proven to work better than the subscription model.

It'll just move more current subscribers to playing for free, and starve CRS of $$ to pay the bills and develop the game.

Agree. You simply need systems in place to pay the bills if we are doing F2P fully open. But that said CRS actually does open things up pretty frequently. One weekend a month may not be a bad idea.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, jwilly said:

It'll just move more current subscribers to playing for free

Lmao. That's not how it works. Subscriptions are support tools, people don't withdraw their support unless you're doing something wrong. You literally think 1 repair kit is going to void the 200 other units the sub offers?

Edited by knucks

Oy.

The addition of the current F2P functionality resulted in CRS losing a significant number of subscriptions...that is, players cancelled their subscriptions and continued playing as F2P.

That's not how it works

Each addition of free functionality results in more subscribers lost.

So, seems like it is how it works.

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

Oy.

The addition of the current F2P functionality resulted in CRS losing a significant number of subscriptions...that is, players cancelled their subscriptions and continued playing as F2P.

Really? I don’t believe I ever heard that, but I could have missed it. 

18 hours ago, jwilly said:

Oy.

I've never heard this from other teams who expanded into F2P, infact I've only seen positive results, and the game was at it's best when Steam F2P launched with a 400 player peak back down to 150. Maybe because you wen't negative on F2P taking out most of the old equipment that you saw people pull their support, otherwise no one in their right mind is giving up medium-heavy tanks, heavy AT, all the planes and all the infantry classes just to play rifleman and light AT. There's no way people enjoy going from 250 units to like, 15. CRS must have done something wrong to lose subscriptions on a growing game.

Edited by knucks

The reason most people that were subscribers went F2P is because of the things that are not getting fixed. Its the SOON attitude.

Someday, somewhere, it might happen.

We have gotten tired of it.

So. I will come back, very definite maybe'ish.

Big thumbs down on the repair kit.  Engineer limitations makes using them carefully very critical.  I've been in fights where the opposition was clearly setting AI down kill traps for engineers.  That's good stuff.

I choose rifle most of the time precisely because it is so flexible already, with long range engagement and the HE satchel and resupply ammo and grenades.  It doesn't need a power-up.

1 person likes this