Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downtown

Reporting Map Icons/Marks Etc..

8 posts in this topic

1. I spawn in and I often don't see marks, I don't see marks from other peoples missions..  This is BAD.

2. Give people the ability to delete the marks they put up themselves, I.E. I see an EFMS and I mark it, people come out and kill the EFMS, I know it's gone, I can now delete it.  People need to be able to delete marks.

3. Make the Friendly Mobile spawn indicator show up for everyone from either origin or target or give people the ability to make a "BLUE" mobile spawn mark that everyone can see (like a waypoint?)  I know waypoints are only visible on a mission, I think they should be visible to Target, rather than forcing us to use the ESHIP icon.

4. a Blue Mark for an Ammo Cache also visible to anyone on Target or Origin.

5. A way for HC to mark the A1 (Attack Priority 1) A2 (Attack Priority 2) etc. and D1 (Defense Priority 1,) and D2 (Defense Prioirty 2) on the map and mission screen.

6. An indicator (*) asterisk maybe next to a mission when it is an HC Rifle spawn only mission so people don't try to spawn stuff other than rifles from the spawn list.

Edited by downtown
schpelin
3 people like this

Good tips. Agree with all. My understanding is the goal is proximity chat coupled with everyone being on the "same map" regarding the target.

On 1/21/2019 at 2:20 AM, downtown said:

1. I spawn in and I often don't see marks, I don't see marks from other peoples missions..  This is BAD.

This seems it happens a lot when you cap a depot, and the mission created at the depot is a defense mission, and the rest of the missions to the town are of course attack missions
but it also happens if for example, you drive in some support units from outside what you might consider the attack supply line area, like the you come from an unlinked town and tag a near by friendly FB as the objective so you can get an FMS set in in a reasonable distance, you get to the attack but you can not see anyone's marks, course you also can not talk to them easily either.

be nice if enemy marks could be served as a proximity thing rather than tied to objective alone.

A friendly FMS mark, with an independent say 2 hour fade out timer would also be kind of nice, i was hacking a heck of a time last night trying to keep refreshing
the friendly FMS marks, i know i let more than a few fade.

On a side note, would be nice if ML's took just a moment to comment their FMS mark
just a few quick lines
Downtown FMS
From Liege
to Blah-Liege depot
Then you know whose fms it is, where they came from, and their objective in case you want to help them out or swap intel with that ML etc.

Edited by Merlin51

I usually mark waypoints for the enemy FB as VehSpawn, and InfSpawn, I even mark the direction the Vehspawn opens facing northeast, north, south, etc.. always, Infspawn opens facing you.    I'll use a "Mortmark" for "Ammo Cache" but I do comment it.  I try to get inside of enemy mobile spawns and mark that I was inside of it when I marked it.   Some of the marks just have to be converted to blue.   A blue square for a ammo cache, a blue tent for a friendly FMS.   And the ability to delete mark, I kill an opel, I take the mark off the map, I kill a tank, I take the mark of the map, I'd rather put a red skull then an EI mark when I kill an EI, and use the EI mark when I see one but can't kill it.  In town I'll use waypoints for the different CPs and mark them with the names, these are only visible to people on the mission I'm ML for, not anyone else who's on the AO or DO :(.    If you spawn in late you're often quite blind, this is especially frustrating to me because I'm literally quite blind in the game because it seems 90% of the enemy do not render until after they fire at me.  I can't fly which I love the most because I NEVER see them, I rarely see enemy infantry as it is, my K:D is atrocious I'm lucky to get a kill 50 to 60% of the time I shoot first and the enemy I shoot just turns and kills me and goes about their business I have to shoot an enemy four of five times to get them to die.

I made these as PNGs, can you use them?

rTQK86Z.png

LbLDwbo.png

Edited by downtown

Hint, Hint.

Ammo Caches are not visible to anyone, and Mobile Spawns are only visible to people on the same mission.  The Mobile Spawn and Ammo Cache need to be visible to people on the Same AO/DO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0