goreblimey

LMG not cappping

9 posts in this topic

I'll float the idea , not to worried if you sink it lol.

Stop LMG's capping.

Its a support weapon. You will need extra bodies to cap ie the assault element. , You'll still Rambo but not Rambo and cap.

Oh, i dont know that it is a terrible idea, at least the starting point of one.
Say weighted capture values
Riflemen being the heaviest, adding more to timer movement
the others dropping off in weight depending on type.

Absolute 0 may be bad due to those times where you find yourself the only man there, and no one answering your call for help
or then again, perhaps it isn't, i guess it depends on who you ask?

Myself, i got no problem with someone saying merlin need you to to spawn a rifle and get to the west depot
goreblimy is there alone with an LMG, he is keeping it clear but he cant move the timer faster than the attacking riflemen who run in do.
Spawning rifle and off i go.
But i am not everyone

1 person likes this

Gorelimby, short of making the LMG only fire from deployed or from a crouch, I'd say this is a brilliant idea. Decoupling it from Cap timer is a superb idea.  IM(not so)HO

Edited by dustyhc
fix grammar

All infantry should be able to capture IMHO. I am for putting an end to the Rambo LMG, but I think that is taking it too far. All infantry should be equally able to capture because they are denying the enemy some area of the battlefield. Lets take care of the spin-shooting and other goofy stuff and see how things go. If there remains an issue I'm all for changing my tune.

4 people like this

All infantry are capable of capturing. We have that as a standard in WWII Online. I don't agree this would be the right approach, particularly for the underpopulated side. We have some plans for setting up the Lightmachine Gun class to function more in its support oriented role, across the board.

You're going to have to hang tight a little longer gents. I know it's a hot button for you and we're not intentionally trying to cause you frustration. We just want to provide a proper solution.

3 people like this

Capturing has nothing to due with having a lmg.

Redorchestra has implemented the correct solutions for this, lmg players don't rambo there and they play support and you can still capture there is nothing to discuss other than having a dev spend time replaying to a ragequit thread that often pops up.

Edited by pbveteran

On 1/22/2019 at 9:50 PM, XOOM said:

All infantry are capable of capturing. We have that as a standard in WWII Online. I don't agree this would be the right approach, particularly for the underpopulated side. We have some plans for setting up the Lightmachine Gun class to function more in its support oriented role, across the board.

You're going to have to hang tight a little longer gents. I know it's a hot button for you and we're not intentionally trying to cause you frustration. We just want to provide a proper solution.

We'll be here Xoom. Take your time and get things in order. We just like to be kept in the loop as much as possible. 

2 people like this