• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
OHM

TOE's Adjustment has been made

54 posts in this topic

SMG's have been changed to the following (these are combined totals of all SMG's in each TOE sheet)

DE Inf = 55

DE Arm = 36

FR Inf = 50

FR Arm = 35

UK Inf = 50

UK Arm = 35 

There have been some other minor tweaks to the supply .... mostly to later tiers 

We are watching here and in game.  (A Stick that does not bend in the wind will break)  

6 people like this

Thank you  @OHM!

Hopefully this will make some more epic fights in this campaign and not just cap spawn and flood.

Excellent news.  

Thanks for listening to the feedback!  I can guarantee it will make the battles more fun.  I'm also interested to see what the T1 lists look like.  

S!

PS - Don't let this hiccup keep you from experimenting with those supply lists.  You have an extremely forgiving playerbase when you guys are this responsive.  You learned a valuable lesson and might learn a few more before this campaign is over.  

9 minutes ago, Capco said:

Thanks for listening to the feedback!  I can guarantee it will make the battles more fun.  I'm also interested to see what the T1 lists look like.  

You can see Tier 1 numbers now if you use the Game monitor App for windows 

https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#game-monitor

1 person likes this

oh wow! amazing @CRS 

Thank you so much for making rapid changes, hoping and assuming some changes to Armour game as well (not that I play Armour at all). although mid-map changes are always frowned upon I think this one is most welcome! 

S!

Are we that focused on SMG rushes as our primary infantry “tactic” that is required? Perhaps in the future area capture will take the game away from depot buildings and focus it on control of a wider zone, which should put more emphasis on rifles and supporting arms. 

I fully support the new tiers and overall more historical direction, keep it up. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

Are we that focused on SMG rushes as our primary infantry “tactic” that is required? Perhaps in the future area capture will take the game away from depot buildings and focus it on control of a wider zone, which should put more emphasis on rifles and supporting arms. 

As long as we have CP buildings that need to be fought over, the SMG will reign supreme.  It's just the way it is.  

Like you said, area capture is the ideal path forward.  

4 people like this

With the infantry now evened up, I'm sure the 12 to 3 tank (and 4 armored cars) issue evened?

Making improvements sometimes come at the cost of discomfort, sometimes we have to put it against live testing in order to get the true outcome. From there we'll make modifications and tweaks to get it right. I'd like to thank you all for remaining patient and giving my team the opportunity to refine WWII Online's spawn lists.

S! 

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, delems said:

With the infantry now evened up, I'm sure the 12 to 3 tank (and 4 armored cars) issue evened?

No. The core concept here remains the same: to give all factions an equal budget to spend on accurate estimates of unit costs, and to differentiate between units based on their type (infantry-armored-headquarters-navy etc) such as is the case in real life and to put the game in its historical context. The least affected units are of course the navy whereas the most effected are the armored, because not all tanks cost the same.

However, some trades have been done so the armor game is not entirely unaffected.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Capco said:

As long as we have CP buildings that need to be fought over, the SMG will reign supreme. 

Only if/until smoke and HE/frag weapons become realistic, and/or walls become realistically penetrable.

In real life, defending an ordinary wood-framed or masonry building against close assault is a death mission,..unless the attackers use only bullet weapons.

A soldier defending in a room has to be extremely well prepared to remain effective after frag and/or concussion grenades have gone off in that room.

If there's a way to fire a 75mm or larger HE shell into the room, the defender's problem is 10x worse.

Ditto if the attacker can just blow in one of the walls. Realistically, infantry readily die to building-materials shrapnel.

If the attacker can put a WP weapon into the room, the defender's problem is 100x worse.

So my guess is that the current SMG dispute is transient.

Edited by jwilly
3 people like this

good toe and balance......

Tier 1

Inf Bgde Allied

Matilda Mk II CS                8

Matilda Mk II                     8

Daimler Mk I                     4

------------------------------------------

Inf bgde Axis

Stug B   4

232       4

-----------------------------------------

....If they want history
will stay in history without players...

Edited by kareca
3 people like this

*** to give all factions an equal budget to spend on accurate estimates of unit costs

So what was removed since they spend so much more for all that SMG infantry?

You really think 20-8 is near even; especially when the DAC can kill every tiered panzer easily, and the 232 can't even kill all the tier 0 tanks?

Actually, axis INF flags don't even have a single tank; they get 4 TD and 4 AC; zero tanks.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Tbf, Axis armored brigades do get a massive boost in T1 with 8 3Hs, and it's more than the 60% of the Allied forces (the French) get in their armored supply.

The Brits may get some nice Matilda supply in their infantry, but that's it.  Their armored brigades are not as combat effective as the Axis armored brigades, and neither are the French armored brigades.  The Axis need to use their armored brigades in T1 with prudence, and if they do so they will be able to do quite fine in T1.  

1 person likes this

Still seems off, maybe 4 mattie and 4 CS; vrs 4 IIIB;  and 2 DAC vrs 4 232, if not 6.

Pak 38 is nice, but still comes no where close to evening up the ATG levels, but yes, it does help.

5 hours ago, kareca said:

good toe and balance......

Tier 1

Inf Bgde Allied

Matilda Mk II CS                8

Matilda Mk II                     8

Daimler Mk I                     4

------------------------------------------

Inf bgde Axis

Stug B   4

232       4

-----------------------------------------

....If they want history
will stay in history without players...

I'll play for you then ;)

Equipment advantages flips sides tier to tier for different branches. Clearly the mattys are not having a profound effect on the battlefield seeing how quickly the Axis take towns. Smgs, well possibly but it seems that Allies should be trying to hold out as much as possible until future tiers where that smg advantage doesn't exist or even flips. 

Just look at the numbers. 

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, Bmbm said:

No. The core concept here remains the same: to give all factions an equal budget to spend on accurate estimates of unit costs, and to differentiate between units based on their type (infantry-armored-headquarters-navy etc) such as is the case in real life and to put the game in its historical context. The least affected units are of course the navy whereas the most effected are the armored, because not all tanks cost the same.

However, some trades have been done so the armor game is not entirely unaffected.

LOL "we have accurate budgets now, and honest spawn lists - no panzers for you to play with. BUT we will do a complete U Turn on allied inf numbers, and "balance" those, but still no panzers to play with because the German ecomomy didnt produce enough panzers in 1940 to give you any in an inf flag"

So still no reason for axis tankers to log in/keep up subs.

1 hour ago, aleca said:

Equipment advantages flips sides tier to tier for different branches. Clearly the mattys are not having a profound effect on the battlefield seeing how quickly the Axis take towns. Smgs, well possibly but it seems that Allies should be trying to hold out as much as possible until future tiers where that smg advantage doesn't exist or even flips. 

Just look at the numbers. 

The spawn lists force the axis to play inf for MG weapons and the allies to spawn tanks for MG weapons. Tanks dont cap or recap, area capture doesnt exist, ergo the axis who already excelled as inf in T0 and T1 now have to play inf and are rolling the map, while less and less players bother to log in. No more 3AOs per side on a saturday night - just as well not enough HC to handle them.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

Panzers galore in the armored brigades. 

Wouldnt know, they are not usually in the DO, and if an armoured flag is moved to the DO then the DO moves.... always presuming the 15 allied players are able to support their AO in the first place. You should jump in game and enjoy the complete lack of tanking.

26 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

Panzers galore in the armored brigades. 

So sprinkle a few of them into the other flags and reduce them in the armoured flags. Let the axis tankers get to spawn 1 or 2 tanks then.

Let your paying customers get to play some semblance of the game they subscribed to.

Edited by ian77
1 person likes this