OHM

TOE's Adjustment has been made

54 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

Panzers galore in the armored brigades. 

Thing I don't understand is why everything but the 3 Stug B:s have to be on the armored brigade. Add some to the infantry flags and reduce the added tanks from the armored. The issue here is that there have been countless AO/DOs without a single armored flag to use, so the tankers are done after those few Stugs are gone. 

I don't tank that much, but i sure as hell feel their disappointment and it comes to no surprise that they aren't happy and expresses it with their wallet. 

Edited by gretnine
3 people like this

Maybe go 4 mattie, 4 CS and 2 dac; with 4 IIIB, 4 IIIF and 4 232 ?  At least give the tankers something in INF flags.

btw, matties have over 2600 kills, the IIIB, just over 400.  KD is roughly 6.50 to 2.00.

Tier 0 could be 4 IIC, then tier 1 4 IIIF, tier 2 4 IIIH, and tier 3 4 IVG - just so there are some panzers in INF flags for tankers to use.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

11 hours ago, gretnine said:

Thing I don't understand is why everything but the 3 Stug B:s have to be on the armored brigade. Add some to the infantry flags and reduce the added tanks from the armored. The issue here is that there have been countless AO/DOs without a single armored flag to use, so the tankers are done after those few Stugs are gone. 

I don't tank that much, but i sure as hell feel their disappointment and it comes to no surprise that they aren't happy and expresses it with their wallet. 

Somebody's grand scheme to make the game better, but for who, I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, delems said:

btw, matties have over 2600 kills, the IIIB, just over 400.  KD is roughly 6.50 to 2.00.

A lot of smoke and mirrors in that statement. How many inf kills would you expect the IIIB to get compared to the matties? It really is more of a tank killer would you say to be fair? I mean, by design at least. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, choad said:

A lot of smoke and mirrors in that statement. How many inf kills would you expect the IIIB to get compared to the matties? It really is more of a tank killer would you say to be fair? I mean, by design at least. 

There's the odd time that it kills infantry. Not that often. However..I did have my STUG IIIB at Wetteren the other night and there was a strong allied defence with ei running around the south cp. I lobbed a few HE in and got 2 or 3 kills. HE went fast...not a lot of it. Now if I had the IV D it would have been many many dead ei. Such is game life.

S!

13 hours ago, Bmbm said:

Panzers galore in the armored brigades. 

Smarmy is not attractive.

VR

1 person likes this

Just now, choad said:

How many inf kills would you expect the IIIB to get compared to the matties?

Presently, until we can get a roof gunner on it, i would expect the matilda historically has a magnitudes larger
number of infantry kills due simply to direct machine gun engagement.
And the HE part has only recently become much of a fatality VS infantry, so there is not much data yet for that
even if CSR would let one select munition type for the kills.

Used to be, a stug could spam HE at you until the shooter died of old age, and except for a direct hit, you'd just giggle and run through it
waving your sapper satchel like it was a birthday gift, now is not such a healthy idea.

We get a roof mounted MG on it and there might be a distinct lack of giggling in the field

IIIB didn't historically have MG best I know, IIIG did though.

*** A lot of smoke and mirrors in that statement. How many inf kills would you expect the IIIB to get compared to the matties?

I think you just made my point, get it yet?  Exactly where does axis make up those 2200 kills?

Edited by delems

1 hour ago, choad said:

IIIB is a tank killer?

Historically, not by design intent. The StuG design concept was created purely for infantry assault support. It was intended to be an armored, close-direct-fire version of the iG18 75mm infantry gun. 

So was the early PzKpfW IV with the 75mm L/24. Tank fighting was an afterthought. 

The HEAT rounds carried by those vehicles were not envisioned when the vehicle concepts were created. Those HEAT rounds also perform much better than historically was the case for the first generation round.

3 people like this

Yea none on B, :( but later ones will be useful
Wish we could still climb on top of the tanks, youd get an LMG to get up on you and you kind of had an MG.
Just had to let him know you were driving off.

On the B, the only thing i could suggest is being able to deploy the loader out his hatch, and have him holding an MP40 or MP34
but allow him full 360 degree rotation, and have his view in the standard SMG aimed view.

Not same as LMG, but does allow the crew some close defense

Some nice stug pics
https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/tanks-2-3/stug_iii/stug-iii-ausf-b-bridge-ostfront/

In my book, INF brigade should only have 232, dac and pan with more atgs and sappers.

2 people like this

Ya, why does the brit INF flag get any ARM matties at all ?  Should be nothing but CS, like axis get - nothing but INF assault vehicle.

If axis has no tanks in their INF flags, then no allied unit should get tanks in their flags.  Assault vehicles or nothing - or armored cars maybe.  Unless, maybe doctrine had units differently set, that could account for some differences.

And correct, the IIIB is not a TD, it is an infantry assault close support vehicle.

PS I'm guessing when tier 2 comes, axis will get 8 Tigers and 8 StuH in every infantry flag?  Kinda like the ratio brits get now?

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

What if T0 British INF brigades had only Matty CS's with HE and smoke, and T0 German INF brigades had only StuG IIIB and PzKpfW IVD with HE and smoke...no AP or HEAT...?

The only INF brigade AT capability would be towed guns and MANPAT weapons...?

No ACs in INF brigades, because the British AC is so much more AT-effective than the German one.

That'd be a kind of red-vs-blue take on historical weapons.

The alternative is for German AFVs to have their AP and HEAT, and the British to have Matty two pounder tanks. 

1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

Yea none on B, :( but later ones will be useful
Wish we could still climb on top of the tanks, youd get an LMG to get up on you and you kind of had an MG.

From your link...a B with a cooperating infantryman kneeling behind the superstructure, with MG34:

StuG_III_from_Sturmgeschutzabteilung_192

I'm positive we use to lay on tanks before?  Way back when?  And ride with them, how come not now?

You can still ride on the tanks. But you couldn't really ever lay on the tanks. It was possible to land on top of the tank and not clip through, but the second the tank moved you would fall off.

On 23/01/2019 at 1:15 AM, OHM said:

SMG's have been changed to the following (these are combined totals of all SMG's in each TOE sheet)

DE Inf = 55

DE Arm = 36

FR Inf = 50

FR Arm = 35

UK Inf = 50

UK Arm = 35 

Just out of curiousity, what were these numbers changed from I forgot what they were? 

2 hours ago, delems said:

I'm positive we use to lay on tanks before?  Way back when?  And ride with them, how come not now?

You could only sort of ride with them
the driver had to be careful with speed as you had to move with the tank to stay on it.

If the driver was good, he could creep around at about your crawling speed, or if the tank body supported it well, your crouching speed
but if he went too fast etc, you'd fall off.

They were not made the same as a ship where you can walk on the ship and are semi attached.
If we could allow climbing on them again with out having the clipping, and have them act like ship in that you move with them until you step off
that would be kind of cool actually.

Roll up with a stug with an lmg prone riding on the top, maybe an smg or 2?
Or a turreted tank with a few guys crouched behind the turret?

So far I have lost 2 squaddies that paid for 4 accounts.

Seems like this is not working as planned.

36 minutes ago, hondo said:

Why did they leave, what didn't they like?

1 hour ago, hondo said:

We have also had some players return to try the new supply.  

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, aleca said:

Just out of curiousity, what were these numbers changed from I forgot what they were? 

The numbers were (at least for inf flag)...

DE 55

FR 20

UK 25

6 hours ago, choad said:

The numbers were (at least for inf flag)...

DE 55

FR 20

UK 25

So CRS made it pretty much even in the INF category but in the Armor category the Axis get the short end of the stick so to speak.

I don't think anyone would say something if it would have been increased into maybe the lower mid 40s and left Tanks the same. But now INF is pretty much the same with the edge in Armor for Allied,  that's how I look at it. It's not like our Stug3b can kill everything that it comes across but the Matilda can . OK maybe in the right hands the Stug3b can kill almost anything but luck still needs to be in his favor. While the Matilda really needs no luck .

@delems

And correct, the IIIB is not a TD, it is an infantry assault close support vehicle.*

I'm doing something wrong cause that's what I use the Stug3b for take out Armor, then ATG and to [censored] off a few Squadmates INF too.