• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
BMBM

Your idea of Fun

281 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Only issue there is i run around with a rifle, playing the fringe, popping a few things, and rtb for the points, save them up
then go use them to lets say spawn a top tier fighter, that is in limited quantity.

And i have no clue how to fly.
Little unfair to the guys who put in their time in the bf110 or H75 or Hurri and gained some skills etc that i popped into
this limited plane and impaled it into the ground 15 minutes out because i havent learned to fly.

That's why i was trying to categorize the unit points.

Same thing happens now with infantry guy that ranks up then takes a Matilda or a Tiger out with no clue.

1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

Only issue there is i run around with a rifle, playing the fringe, popping a few things, and rtb for the points, save them up
then go use them to lets say spawn a top tier fighter, that is in limited quantity.

And i have no clue how to fly.
Little unfair to the guys who put in their time in the bf110 or H75 or Hurri and gained some skills etc that i popped into
this limited plane and impaled it into the ground 15 minutes out because i havent learned to fly.

That's why i was trying to categorize the unit points.

Is a very logical reason. Ok, multiple sliders and a side of fries.

Edited by blggles

4 minutes ago, blggles said:

Is a very logical reason. Ok, multiple sliders and a side of fries.

well i figured 1 slider for simplicity
the rest would just go automatically based on the unit type spawned
ship, afv, air, infantry, atg/aa.

this was just an idea i had, it is not something that is in production or anything like that

Ah I get it. 1 slider, with a few tallies. Which raises the question of how to split the tallies. Inf, armor, aaa, atg, naval, arty, bombers, fighters, haulers. Or maybe arty, aaa, atgs and haulers are 1. Maybe mortars are included with arty. Does an aaa lmg qualify as aaa or inf or both? Maybe some units like the 88 are included in multiple categories. Maybe the shielded 88 is atg, and the unshielded is both arty and aaa. Are ground attack planes with the fighters? Fighter bombers? Bombers? Maybe points are sometimes accorded for kills, instead of for unit used? Maybe you get atg points when your 88 kills a tank, and aaa if you use it to kill a plane, ground attck points when you kill armor with your DB7, level bomber points when you hit a factory.

And I realize the idea isn't in production yet. When is the eta? :D

Edited by blggles

well, i would consider mortars probably as infantry

arty if we had howitzers, probably in the ATG/AAA/Fieldgun group

trucks/haulers are kind of hard, infantry maybe? not sure

I think you would maybe not want to have too many categories, dont want it to be terribly hard for people to figure out what to play
to get their way to something

Well if you wanted to be less considerate and more profit driven, and perhaps even a bit sinister, about it, having as many lines of advance as possible might be preferred. Then a player has to spawn more often, and be in game longer, to have a shot at a broad range of kit. Then your population is higher, there's more action, and more players are enjoying themselves - better for CRS. Working towards the ability to spawn better units, rank points in this game, is a hook, like they're discussing in one of the other threads. Compels folks to play, "Almost to next rank, spit9 here we come! Just a couple more missions and we're there!" Of course, you may not want to be too encouraging of addiction.

Maybe though, you'd want free to play to have that same sort of motivation, to keep more of them playing. You might want their rifle missions to count towards spawning any type of unit, as a more titillating prize than a mere rifle upgrade. Type of unit only mind, no spit9s, just hurri1s, and expensive at that, no crashing all the leet rides. In which case all spawn points may be used for any sort of unit, with only the ability to buy those one level above your current access.

Lot of free to play trying the game, hook'em, give'em something to play for, but with much less frequent access than the DLC offers. Who knows, if they like that vickers maybe they'll plunk down the money for the pink slip.

Load outs would be such a natural for a system like this. Even those of top rank would have something to strive for, like a grand slam for their Lanc <--- 100,000 points. 

Edited by blggles