• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
montyuno

Jumping the gun..... TOEs, armour, shields n such..

181 posts in this topic

It's crazy the potential this game could have, if only we had the numbers like we did when steam launched. I think it was locking out f2p when you should've expanded it further which really set the bad mark. Should have faith in the community which builds you, not show resentment to those who are not immediately sold.

Edited by knucks

11 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Yes we discussed a lot of things in that direction.  Just remember that rolling back is not as easy as changing a 0 to a 1 in the code. I think some of these issues is the audit had expectations set in the wrong way, I think this also exposed issues that the current team was not working correctly at all. However it was not a complete failure and we are learning from it. We have seen several annomalies in the code etc, and at least created a baseline. Its not as much about rolling back to prior thing but bringin everything to the new baseline.

There is something that runs everyday to determine the weather state, make sure that only chooses nice days. The weather states, and frequency, have been changed many times over the years - having it only choose one state seems very easily done.

5 hours ago, knucks said:

It's crazy the potential this game could have, if only we had the numbers like we did when steam launched. I think it was locking out f2p when you should've expanded it further which really set the bad mark. Should have faith in the community which builds you, not show resentment to those who are not immediately sold.

The funny thing is that the Steam numbers were not really that crazy in terms of averages compared to other games. Yet it seemed like the war was raging. Imagine twice or three times those numbers. 

5 hours ago, aleca said:

Out of curiousity, do you subscribe madrebel? 

Yet again you ignore what I've said repeatedly and go off on your own tangent and make your own assumptions. Swearing in forums isn't big, hard or clever by the way, so let me help you some. 

Not once have I said the current weather is realistic. In fact, I've agreed with you that it needs improving, so being passive aggressive about it isn't helping. In fact, from your attitude and reactions to Rats, players and the game, I'd say you've probably had a helping hand in driving people away as much as 2% rain with an unprecedented level of negetivity to all of the above. 

I have agreed with you more than once weather needs improving. Whether it is liked or not it does effect gameplay in its current form. If that is in a good or bad way is completely down to individual preference. You dislike it because you hate flying in it. I see it as its part of the game, I play regardless and deal with it. It makes me slightly harder to be seen or heard, it makes enemy harder to see and hear. It's what rain does, whether that be in the air or on the ground. 

Rats know it's far from perfect. It'll be on their ever growing todo list and will get round to it. I highly doubt gabbering on about it is going to push it up their list. 

Seeing as turning the weather off completely will make the atmosphere boring after a while, and the fact it's harder than just changing a 1 to a 0. I personally, would prefer the Rats to use their valuable limited to complete something close to completion, rather than changing yet another aspect of the game right now. 

Capco and pothead did the right thing with the poll. 

1) hero builder

2) what we have can’t be improved on. There is no iteration path using organic tools. Something else, like truesky, has to be purchased and integrated or we have to write something from scratch. In the mean time, since we have no relatively easy path forward - you’re penalizing players with unrealistic ugly ‘weather’ that you cant upgrade. All this does is keep subs away.

3) nobody was bored, tankers were frustrated from getting blown up repeatedly with few tools to defend themselves and frustrated further by HE bombs that were too good. HE bombs are fixed and we have SPAA. Both of these were suggested by the players as a better fix at the time, with Scotsman way back when leading the calls for HE fixes and various pilots including myself pleading for SPAA - in super unrealistic numbers so as to make it much harder on CAS pilotsand circle jerking deck huggers. We also asked for stress modeling .... all of which are in the pipe now or already delivered. The proper solution for weather is now over a decade old and has been integrated into many games, and now comes with a free water engine.

12 hours ago, david06 said:

Battle of Stalingrad's view distance during "very rainy" weather is about as far as the regular days in this game. CRS was irrationally proud of their weather feature as after the 1.31 launch it was cloudy and rainy during prime time almost every day, like they really wanted to show it off. Probably noteworthy that BoS is a niche flight simulation title with a high price, a fragmented playerbase and it still averages about 200 concurrent Steam players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phf3OPkFDRA 

Really it's astounding that this game was first to market with multiple nations of tanks, aircraft, infantry, even a few ships in a multiplayer setting. Somehow it sat around for a decade or so until World of Tanks, then War Thunder, and now even World of Warships came in and made a fun experience based off of some of the same things modeled here.  There has always been a weird focus on things that don't make money.

Well said. People dont get how bad our ‘nice days’ are from a visibility standpoint. ww2 vehicle gameplay grossly out numbers ww2 infantry gameplay in terms of players online at any given time. Not that I count it as a ww2 FPS simulator, and there are a few reasons for its poor launch, but even dice with BF5 and all its AAA glory failed to meet expectations.

not saying we stop developing stuff for infantry but ffs - the vehicle aspect of this game has been 2nd class for a long time. Has that worked out in our favor? Seriously has it? 

1.36 is a big step towards resolving the largest pain for the ground with soft caps. We’ve got a great list of fixes coming for planes. Remove weather for 6 months along with the delivery of damage model audits and the other plane audits going on. Do another crowd fund for trueSKY. You’ll get pilots back, you’ll get tankers and infantry helping to fund trueSKY. It looks gorgeous, its actually a weather engine and its actually what pilots have asked for. If i’m Wrong, after 6 months bring ‘weather’ back. 

5 minutes ago, madrebel said:

1) hero builder

2) what we have can’t be improved on. There is no iteration path using organic tools. Something else, like truesky, has to be purchased and integrated or we have to write something from scratch. In the mean time, since we have no relatively easy path forward - you’re penalizing players with unrealistic ugly ‘weather’ that you cant upgrade. All this does is keep subs away.

3) nobody was bored, tankers were frustrated from getting blown up repeatedly with few tools to defend themselves and frustrated further by HE bombs that were too good. HE bombs are fixed and we have SPAA. Both of these were suggested by the players as a better fix at the time, with Scotsman way back when leading the calls for HE fixes and various pilots including myself pleading for SPAA - in super unrealistic numbers so as to make it much harder on CAS pilotsand circle jerking deck huggers. We also asked for stress modeling .... all of which are in the pipe now or already delivered. The proper solution for weather is now over a decade old and has been integrated into many games, and now comes with a free water engine.

Well said. People dont get how bad our ‘nice days’ are from a visibility standpoint. ww2 vehicle gameplay grossly out numbers ww2 infantry gameplay in terms of players online at any given time. Not that I count it as a ww2 FPS simulator, and there are a few reasons for its poor launch, but even dice with BF5 and all its AAA glory failed to meet expectations.

not saying we stop developing stuff for infantry but ffs - the vehicle aspect of this game has been 2nd class for a long time. Has that worked out in our favor? Seriously has it? 

1.36 is a big step towards resolving the largest pain for the ground with soft caps. We’ve got a great list of fixes coming for planes. Remove weather for 6 months along with the delivery of damage model audits and the other plane audits going on. Do another crowd fund for trueSKY. You’ll get pilots back, you’ll get tankers and infantry helping to fund trueSKY. It looks gorgeous, its actually a weather engine and its actually what pilots have asked for. If i’m Wrong, after 6 months bring ‘weather’ back. 

Consider me one of those CAS pilots/circle jerking decker huggers. It’s a strategy that works because it’s essentially hard coded into the game. As long as game mechanics favor lawn mowing TnB that’s what is going to happen. May as well join them because the game is coded against you otherwise. 

31 minutes ago, minky said:

Consider me one of those CAS pilots/circle jerking decker huggers. It’s a strategy that works because it’s essentially hard coded into the game. As long as game mechanics favor lawn mowing TnB that’s what is going to happen. May as well join them because the game is coded against you otherwise. 

you're exagerating but not entirely wrong. AI at every town doesn't help this but that's another issue.