knucks

F2P Model Redone

32 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, HATCH said:

Totally agree with this. Can't change soon enough1

I hope that will not mean that players that have earned their rank over the last 20 years lose  equipment unlocks . This game has lost a lot of players and to lose rank  could kill this game completely. 

I'm pretty sure Hatch wasn't saying that.

My guess was that he was just referring to it being historically absurd for a high ranking officer to be running around as a lone infantryman on the battlefield.

Edited by jwilly

On April 16, 2019 at 3:25 PM, jwilly said:

I'm pretty sure Hatch wasn't saying that.

My guess was that he was just referring to it being historically absurd for a high ranking officer to be running around as a lone infantryman on the battlefield.

Which I agree with from a historical standpoint but I don't agree with from a faneplay/sales perspective.

Deep down we are all peacocks. Everyone wants to show off, whether it is via stats or squad affiliation or rank. I think that from a business and gameplay standpoint doing away with things that offer bragging rights, even though it may be more historical, is to the detriment of the game experience since as I said part of the gameplay experience is a little bit about showing off.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, HATCH said:

No difference then than now, I mean we did it right up to Steam release. It simply failed. Wishful thinking will not change that fact. Yes there IS a "free play" formula that can work as I suggested above. You figure out how to monetize them somehow so that that "free play" supports itself. Figure out a way we can do that other than the proven fallacy of "make it all free and things will be so awesome that enough will pay to make it great for us  all". Simply not true because it goes against human nature.    

No. Not true. Otherwise why would we have even bothered with it for all those years before at all? YOU guys simply refuse to accept the FACT that the entire time we did it before, the gain in "giving the subs more stuff to shoot at" NEVER offset the incentive to just forgo a sub and play for free. Simple fact driven by human nature and made worse by current entitlement culture. 

S! 

You can look at it through simple business terms, I'll use drug dealing as an example. Ok so you buy your drugs, 300 dollars worth to be exact. The drugs are alright but money is where it's at. Now you have a choice, you can sell the drugs, keep the profit and buy the same amount of drugs to sell again. Easy right? Well 300 dollars worth of drugs is not much, you make little profit each time you sell your stock. What do drug dealers do to circumvent this? Invest of course! Take your profit made, buy MORE drugs the next time around and now you have 400 dollars of drugs, keep doing that until you get 1000 dollars worth of drugs and you're making more money each time, while also having more drugs.

So say BGE has 300 players. That's a good start but not really enough to have a party with. What do you do? You take the profit from those 300 players, and you invest it into more players. Using some good f2p marketing (which this game wants, look at WBS) you gain up to 500 players. Well now you're having fun and if your prices are good, you're making more profit than you were with less players, and as a bonus everyone is having more fun collectively with bigger battles and more action.

Now usually this can't go on forever, there's a peak where you've attracted all the customers in your area, and you're making enough profit as it is to sustain yourself and your players.  From there you can start massive development easier than before because you're making a lot more money, and have a lot more players to put content to which makes each update immensely more valuable on a player satisfaction level.  As the wise Wiz Khalifa once said, "slow money's just as bad as getting no money". It's really a choice, you can be selling little drugs to few people with little profit and no party, or you can sell lots of drugs to loads of people for big profit and parties every night. It's an evolution really, it's proven this way. There's too many examples to put it to fluke. I challenge everyone here to look at the top 10 selling games on steam. There's the proof. Thank you.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, knucks said:

There's the proof. Thank you.

So you're saying CRS and we subscribers should become drug dealers then? I mean, those of us who aren't already? Kind of proves the old rumours of where all the money went doesn't it? 

Image result for hookers and blow posters  

On 4/18/2019 at 8:01 AM, aismov said:

Which I agree with from a historical standpoint but I don't agree with from a faneplay/sales perspective.

Deep down we are all peacocks. Everyone wants to show off, whether it is via stats or squad affiliation or rank. I think that from a business and gameplay standpoint doing away with things that offer bragging rights, even though it may be more historical, is to the detriment of the game experience since as I said part of the gameplay experience is a little bit about showing off.

Speak for yourself.

I'm in it for humiliating my enemy and making them weep and gnash their teeth.