• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
y0mario

Private missions

22 posts in this topic

Has there been any more talk on this? I would like to make missions with rally points, but I don't like that anyone could know our mission details. I would be nice(and fair) if we could have password locked missions. Along with steam comes a lot of young people which the game really needs, but with that comes some childish behavior(yes, that spying word). When you have a group that wants to run a tank mission with rally points, mobile spawn, support points, etc., it is essential to keep that missions details private to ensure it's integrity.

1 person likes this

agree too  but have some way to allow non squad ppl onto the mission like dot accept and the person name.

That is a great suggestion I have supported for some time...

There is a chance of it being misused..

We don't wan't to alienate new or less skilled players....

One could see a circumstance where some players are left out in the cold to fend for themselves, very difficult for the new guys...

Perhaps limit the number of locked missions? Or a timer, each ML can make 1 locked mission every so many hours?

Spawn lock on FMSs would be great too.. If it's camped or set early one could stop the flow of troops to it till appropriate..

Cheers Monty

4 hours ago, montyuno said:

That is a great suggestion I have supported for some time...

There is a chance of it being misused..

We don't wan't to alienate new or less skilled players....

One could see a circumstance where some players are left out in the cold to fend for themselves, very difficult for the new guys...

Perhaps limit the number of locked missions? Or a timer, each ML can make 1 locked mission every so many hours?

How about only HC members can make locked missions?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, rodsantos said:

How about only HC members can make locked missions?

I would say just the opposite. Let HC set up attack missions, make rally and attack points, type orders and allow anyone to step up and take the lead(which can be instructed into the mission orders). I would go one further and have it so only squadmates see the mission posted. If you are not in the squad you wont even see a mission posted...I like that better. Stealth matters

The main issue is that mission are the entry point to the game for all players. So what happens when everyone has a locked mission with no way for a new player to join missions?

One counter that isbeing discussed is squad missions which would open to public after a timer goes off. For example your squad creates a mission and after 30 min it is now visiable to everyone.

In any regards, this will not happen until post 1.36 as all coding resources are currently working on that.

1 person likes this

Another way to counter it in the short term is to have automatic system missions to all active AOs that act as a general mission. Any links to an active AO and all air and para brigades immediately get missions auto generated to AOs. 

The long term solution is to continue auto generated missions but simplify the UI so that only one mission needs to be created from a particular town. All mobile spawns are made off that one mission and players select from all available spawn points on the map screen. Click on city. Select spawn point.  End the drama of filtering through brigades and figuring out if it’s an FB mission, attack mission or what have you. 

That would give new players access to the game an simplify the UI. Let squads handle things at the mobile spawn level. 

Allow players to create temporary “parties”, you know, like every other MMO on the planet. Within the “party” you can see each other’s map marks specially colored for them. Spy problem solved. Noobs get access. 

Edited by minky

14 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

The main issue is that mission are the entry point to the game for all players. So what happens when everyone has a locked mission with no way for a new player to join missions?

One counter that is being discussed is squad missions which would open to public after a timer goes off. For example your squad creates a mission and after 30 min it is now visible to everyone.

In any regards, this will not happen until post 1.36 as all coding resources are currently working on that.

We could limit the number of players in a private mission proportional to the current population.

All these ideas are sound but again require coding resources that have 1.36 priority one right now

12 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

All these ideas are sound but again require coding resources that have 1.36 priority one right now

Well, I am hearing all your excuses for not having private missions, but none of them make any sense. As far as missions for new players, anyone can make a mission and seeming HC calls the attacks, they can make missions too. There are no shortage of missions. Second, there seems to be plenty of time to code stationary objects like AI gun pits, but none for important things like missions? The very backbone of the game? CRS just doesn't want to give up ANY control of the game, and that's what it boils down to. Now you want veteran players to step up and lead missions, but you don't want us to have any control of who is on that mission...unacceptable.

What CRS fails to realize is that these private missions will entice new players to join squads and earn trust, and that is how a solid player base is built. Their reputations are on the line. People who don't care if they get booted from the game for cheating have nothing to lose, they don't give a flying fajita about the game or the people playing it. And personally, I couldn't care less if they come back or not.    

What really sucks is making a mission for tanks, spending all that time making rally points, etc. Then getting your tanks obliterated by some tank or atg sitting in the middle of nowhere waiting for you.

So give up being a control freak CRS and allow private(invisible to non squad) missions.  So many excuses through the years for not doing it, it's getting old.

19 minutes ago, y0mario said:

Well, I am hearing all your excuses for not having private missions, but none of them make any sense. As far as missions for new players, anyone can make a mission and seeming HC calls the attacks, they can make missions too. There are no shortage of missions. Second, there seems to be plenty of time to code stationary objects like AI gun pits, but none for important things like missions? The very backbone of the game? CRS just doesn't want to give up ANY control of the game, and that's what it boils down to. Now you want veteran players to step up and lead missions, but you don't want us to have any control of who is on that mission...unacceptable.

What CRS fails to realize is that these private missions will entice new players to join squads and earn trust, and that is how a solid player base is built. Their reputations are on the line. People who don't care if they get booted from the game for cheating have nothing to lose, they don't give a flying fajita about the game or the people playing it. And personally, I couldn't care less if they come back or not.    

What really sucks is making a mission for tanks, spending all that time making rally points, etc. Then getting your tanks obliterated by some tank or atg sitting in the middle of nowhere waiting for you.

So give up being a control freak CRS and allow private(invisible to non squad) missions.  So many excuses through the years for not doing it, it's getting old.

AI Gun pits have been coded since the early days of the game, there is a difference between replicating something already there and creating something from scratch. 

This has nothing to do about control, as I stated I like the idea, but there needs to be some restrictions. You mention anyone can make mission and thats correct because you know how to create those mission. Now imagine a completely new player who is trying to play, as it is the learning curve is high and now you expect them to know how to create missions?

How do private missions entice new players to join squads? Communication helps build squads, which is being worked on with integrated comms.  

Your insinuations about CRS are completely wrong and based on nothing but your limited views of what goes on behind the scenes to make things work.

*** Now you want veteran players to step up and lead missions, but you don't want us to have any control of who is on that mission.

Bingo.  And give us control of said mission; disable/enable MS spawning - disable/enable mission spawning - kick player.

*** So what happens when everyone has a locked mission with no way for a new player to join missions?

Guess they'll join a squad.... ?

I don't think I'd create that many squad missions, and the ones I did, most would be opened to the public once the initial work/setup was done.

Edited by delems

My enjoyment in game would sky rocket if I could ensure a greentag wouldn't spawn on my mission while I'm trying to set up an AO.  

1 person likes this

As I stated. I like the idea, and not staying it won't happen, what I am saying is it won't be before 1.36.

I would like to see a squad mission that I outlined to everyone in squad rat chat in October as well as here in forums 

Squad only mission that after x amount of time would be visible to the public.

1 person likes this

Good discussion here, minus some of the finger pointing. Let's take it easy on the Community Manager y'all, he's trying to do his part to acknowledge and communicate some of our development realities. 

So... the general feeling is at CRS is that we understand the desire for mission leaders to have a little bit more control of their mission. We like that idea too. But we want a fresh approach on it, not necessarily just going straight back to what was. I'm being a bit vague right now intentionally because we'll need to design it and figure out all the little loop holes to make it a success for everyone with of course, as Jokur said, avoid alienating newer people.

Now then... if you'd like to talk about it and design it / provide your best thoughts, let's stay productive and positive and we might be able to use some of those works towards the actual implementation plan. We've made it pretty clear these days that your input as players is valuable. You'll keep our ears open and your credibility high by being reasonable and productive.

Thanks all. S! 

2 people like this

There have been private missions in other games and it didn't hurt the game. This game a mission must be posted before you can spawn, making it impossible to make a private mission. Do we have community managers and HC? Yes, there is much more new player support than any of the other games I have played...and I have been playing computer games a long time. You can't treat new players like they are idiots, just help them as they ask and they will figure it out. I can remember being laughed at when I flew my first flight sim. I remember first playing Aces High and driving for hours before realizing I could spawn at a base close to the action, but I played those games a long time. I have actually tried Aces High again, but the graphics are so dated now it's hard to play after playing Cliffs of Dover.

I think you will find that private missions will attract people more than it will deter them. Especially if those missions are only visible to the squad it is posted in...out of sight, out of mind. This would also be a great tool for setting up attacks to make them successful. Too many times attacks are thwarted because the defense has defensive mobile spawns set up ahead of your attack. When this happens we all know the outcome, but who wants to call off an attack so soon and set up another one when you know you have someone "spying" your activity? To me, as vet(not to mention a new player), it turns me off. I think you will find that private missions are going to solve a lot of problems a hell of a lot more than it will create any.

This issue is that to get into a mission you will most certainly need to be in a large squad.  To keep out "spies", squads need to be selective of who they let in.   It will mean new players will be locked out of large squads until such time that they prove they can be trusted, but since they cannot spawn into very many missions, they will not be able to prove themselves.

Private missions may also create a tunnel vision effect, with squads only concerned about their own objectives instead of the side objectives.

Private missions are something that need to be really thought out before implementing.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, Capco said:

My enjoyment in game would sky rocket if I could ensure a greentag wouldn't spawn on my mission while I'm trying to set up an AO.  

Or Spawn your new fru and start firing a rifle and throwing grenades

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, blakeh said:

1.)This issue is that to get into a mission you will most certainly need to be in a large squad.  

2.)To keep out "spies", squads need to be selective of who they let in.   It will mean new players will be locked out of large squads until such time that they prove they can be trusted, but since they cannot spawn into very many missions, they will not be able to prove themselves.

3.)Private missions may also create a tunnel vision effect, with squads only concerned about their own objectives instead of the side objectives.

4.)Private missions are something that need to be really thought out before implementing.

1.) Not at all, new players can make their own missions or join the missions HC has created. We have a small squad a couple of guys that grew up together created, and only one or two of us actually play anymore. I find action all the time, and if I don't I make a mission.

2.) New people join squads all the time, why would that change? You have to prove yourself, private missions or not.

3.) I am not sure what you are saying. When you create a mission, private or not, you should have tunnel vision on that mission. If I am setting a mission to blow a bridge, everyone on that mission should have something to do with blowing that bridge. If I have a mission to capture a spawnable, everyone should have something to do with capturing that spawn, etc. Why would I want anyone doing anything else?

4.) This has been thought about for 15 years, how much more time do we need?

The only issue here is making sure there are enough missions. And with implementation of HC, we have the tools. HC move brigades and call the attacks. They also make missions. Now, once a fru has been established on a private mission, if we could unlock it, that would be great.  There are no squads here that want to exclude anyone, they just want to have the opportunity to make that mission successful.

Look, it's not just the dirty players out there that cheat, but people who just don't care, spawning at fru's throwing smoke grenades out of spite and shooting their rifle.  Why should that be allowed to continue and ruin the game experience for others? It's not right, and it's fixable.

What happens on a squad only mission when that mission suddenly wants others to join? I could see a timer, but 30 minutes is a bit extreme. I would just be happy with a no-fire zone, applicable only to green tags. I get that we need to help these newbs along, but there are times when placing a good fms takes a good bit of time to flank a town, and then you have some idiot spawn in, shoot his rifle 10 times, toss smoke, etc etc. That discourages people from deploying fms which hurts gameplay. Maybe just don't allow fms spawn-in to the newest of noobs, until they have ranked up two ranks? 

Edited by nc0gnet0