• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New job posting.   02/23/2019

The Community Management team is looking for war correspondents to provide news stories or after action reports to be published on our website and our Steam forums.  Player correspondents imbedded with a squad is fine along with reporters overall who might want to produce stories about the campaign, a piece of equipment, a battle or a skirmish - all stories are encouraged and welcome.  If intertested in a volunteer war correspondent position apply at Tman@corneredrats.com
potthead

Rain Rain Go Away

Everybody Wants to PLAY... RAIN RAIN GO AWAY   45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to see weather sacrificed (which is 98% of time off approximately) be fully removed until such time as new weather model available to help pilot retention/return?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

At 2% weather is a non issue........

At 98% the sky should be as it was before it was changed..........fishbowl should be as it was before it changed.  This may or may not bring the pilots back but at least it will keep the current pilots here.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, piska250 said:

When weather is on, does it affect the whole map?

To me, the ideal thing, as appointed above would be that bad weather would affect only an area of the whole map and it would affect, not only air but also ground too like slower speed for wheel vehicles outside roads.

This would have strategic effects

It would affect operations and where to AO.

You could choose to make a resupply using bad weather to cover you.

Etc

Additionally, bad weather should be seen in map as a new layer like radar do air guys can move to the shining part.

I'd love to see weather and terrain type impact movement speeds.

There's a reason why roads were so important in... well, every war. It's wasn't strictly because you could drive 20% faster on them.

4 hours ago, bmw said:

At 98% the sky should be as it was before it was changed..........fishbowl should be as it was before it changed.  This may or may not bring the pilots back but at least it will keep the current pilots here.

My thoughts on the weather as well; I think we are focusing on such a small issue here when there are much larger ones to fix first. 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, bmw said:

interesting perspective... 

The more I read I have fully moved from being on the No (keep weather) to Yes ...

so far 22-12 now.. was equal at 11-11 .. so over night there has been some rain haters online!

19 hours ago, aleca said:

Think this poll is going to end up like Brexit :lol:

Rainexit?

2 people like this

Removing weather entirely is a total step backwards for the game engine.

If there is really a big issue with weather - then it should be fixed (not removed).

Given that weather hardly ever exists in game - I really do not think it is a big issue.

Edited by krazydog

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Rainexit?

:lol:

WExit? 

Given that weather hardly ever exists in game - I really do not think it is a big issue.

@krazydogIt really is a none issue currently. Think I've seen weather twice in the last 2 weeks. There are many other genuine issues and problems in game that need resolving first before weather. 

Unfortunately he who cries the loudest, usually gets heard. 

Edited by aleca

its only 2% blabla,just can come from groundplayers because it doesnt hurt there gameplay.

what if the rain would make the ground soft so your vehicles and guns couldnt move like it is in real life?

for the air game it sux,you have to fly low and slow as bomber to look for your targets,as a fighter pilot the chance that you loose your enemy throuw the clouds is higher

we dont need to remove it at all just remove from 2% to 0.5%.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, bersi said:

its only 2% blabla,just can come from groundplayers because it doesnt hurt there gameplay.

Not completely true. I not sayig it hurts pilots equally to grunts, but it does effect grunts. Makes things harder to see and hear.

9 hours ago, bersi said:

what if the rain would make the ground soft so your vehicles and guns couldnt move like it is in real life?

for the air game it sux,you have to fly low and slow as bomber to look for your targets,as a fighter pilot the chance that you loose your enemy throuw the clouds is higher

Exactly, the ground players love it, but they wouldn't love it if it actually affected THEIR gameplay. 

When I play golf rain is a pain in the [censored], when I am in my yard drinking a cold beer - rain is a pain in the [censored]. 

Rain is a pain in the [censored] -  get rid of it

LOL WOW   A$$ is censored ,   thats funny

Edited by hondo
1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, hondo said:

When I play golf rain is a pain in the [censored], when I am in my yard drinking a cold beer - rain is a pain in the [censored]

Golf in rain is fine, golf in the rain and cold, oh hell no! 

Same for beer 

13 minutes ago, aleca said:

Golf in rain is fine

Golf in lightning is

Challenging? LOL

1 person likes this

On 1/31/2019 at 1:50 AM, bersi said:

Go back and reread my first post in this thread.  - The 4th one from the top.

In the 2nd paragraph I actually said it would be a good thing if rain impacted the movement of vehicles too.  

(I would like this because it would be more realistic).

1 person likes this

define impact. i'm curious what you mean here. do you mean

rain = mud = move slower

or

rain = mud = can't move really at all

and in your mind, which is more 'realistic'?

1 person likes this

On 1/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, madrebel said:

i'll be happy to be wrong on that potthead 

:) see not all grounders are so anti-fly boys!! I want a joint next time i am in your town!

I just saw there is a EVEN a in-game poll now! so someone is watching - listening! 

S! to clear skies!

On 31/01/2019 at 8:25 PM, Merlin51 said:

Golf in lightning is

Challenging? LOL

I'm sure you've seen the old dude in caddy shack! 

1 hour ago, potthead said:

:) see not all grounders are so anti-fly boys!! I want a joint next time i am in your town!

I just saw there is a EVEN a in-game poll now! so someone is watching - listening! 

S! to clear skies!

These days 100% vaporizer, but the plenty vape has like a 2g bowl capacity so ... ;-)