• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nily

Losing Side Handicap

9 posts in this topic

Why not compensate the starting side with more towns after a string of campaign losses.

Let Losing HC pick 10 towns to start with on front lines

More towns with a string of losses.

2 stabs worth..

S!

LIES

That requires more involvement on CRS's part during the deployment phase, which they want to minimize as much as possible.

I like the idea nily.  A lot.  It goes both ways.  It gives the loser a better chance to become a winner again.  But I'm not sure if CRS wants to put in the extra work for this.  

LIES

As an added advantage, it changes up the campaign so it's not always the same starting line each time.  THAT gets boring as all heck.  

I do like the idea of having a different starting point once in awhile.

I've like to see different starting points well. Could do a Dyle plan start point or a plan E start point, different historical deployment plans for 1940, at least from the allied perspective.

Both HCs can choose where they deploy the ten divisions on the map, unfortunately this does not change very often.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, nily said:

Why not compensate the starting side with more towns after a string of campaign losses.

Let Losing HC pick 10 towns to start with on front lines

More towns with a string of losses.

2 stabs worth..

S!

LIES

OR 20

Image result for godzilla

On 2/4/2019 at 5:05 PM, BLKHWK8 said:

Both HCs can choose where they deploy the ten divisions on the map, unfortunately this does not change very often.

You know, I could take a hand in that and suggest some radical things, if the CinCs let me.   I never counseled what I would actually like to do under the current rules, which if anything are potentially more destabilizing starts then what we have ever had.

The very first ToE campaign, we talked our guy into turning in a line blowout setup.  We were literally told no and the rules changed.  I think something more radical could be done nowadays then back then.

But that fast game start thing tends to get coded against, eventually, which is why it's not much of a feature for me and mine anymore.

More to the point it requires an aggressive committed hand with likely very motivated squad play coupled to a popular CinC that has cultivated relationships to achieve anything, and the huge number of brigades tend to gum up any breakthroughs or encirclement attempts, as I expect was part of the intent.

As for the OP's suggestion, Cosian, an AHC leader I respect very much, suggested exactly that sort of thing to CRS long ago (I think circa 2007).  It got no response from the Rats at the time.  Done right it could be a fun or good thing.  Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0