Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
y0mario

Auto despawn after last patch/ possible fix

20 posts in this topic

After the last patch I would log into the game and get auto despawn after a short time playing. Tatonka mentioned he(or she) adjusted their virtual memory and it solved the problem. Well, I looked into it, did some research and adjusted my virtual memory. It has worked, not one despawn. I have windows 10 pro, so I will give the links to adjusting virtual memory in that OS.

https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2016/05/10/how-to-manage-windows-10-virtual-memory.aspx

"There is a formula for calculating the correct pagefile size. Initial size is one and a half (1.5) x the amount of total system memory. Maximum size is three (3) x the initial size. So let's say you have 4 GB (1 GB = 1,024 MB x 4 = 4,096 MB) of memory. The initial size would be 1.5 x 4,096 = 6,144 MB and the maximum size would be 3 x 6,144 = 18,432 MB."

I hope this helps. Even though I have 16gb of system ram, this still worked.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup getting this now after the patch as well.............but I should not really have to tweak my system as it worked fine before.  Getting annoying.  Never happened in the prior patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definately more auto-despawns. One guy in particular on our channel,  who never has issues, simply had to stop playing after 45 minutes b/c it was getting ridiculous. Happened to me once last night as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah something is up........I did the page file thing above, reset my computer and logged back in and my first sortie......BOOM despawn so its not the page file as its now larger than it was before.  Has to be something in the patch.  I'm not a techie so I'm not gonna run a bunch of monitors and this and that to try and diagnose something that was fine before the patch.  I get a solid connection and do not play on a wireless network, I'm wired.

If it gets bad and interferes with play then I don't play........no point in paying for something I cant play so hopefully it wont come to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I auto-despawned years ago while my son was logged in on his computer. Today, after alt-tabbing to desktop, I was kicked. Has never happened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xohorvath said:

I auto-despawned years ago while my son was logged in on his computer. Today, after alt-tabbing to desktop, I was kicked. Has never happened.  

This is the first time it has happened to me.......and only after the recent patch.  Just happened again.  Logged out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read through patch notes. The only thing i see is that is of interest when it comes to fps/lag/latency/force despawn is that the Netcode 3 setting in your game preferences was removed, forcing all players to now have it enabled. Wondering if perhaps you had it disabled and now it is enabled .... amd that is the difference you are seeing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, choad said:

I read through patch notes. The only thing i see is that is of interest when it comes to fps/lag/latency/force despawn is that the Netcode 3 setting in your game preferences was removed, forcing all players to now have it enabled. Wondering if perhaps you had it disabled and now it is enabled .... amd that is the difference you are seeing?

Nope. Was always enabled. Happening every sortie I survive long enough for it to happen.

Reset router, plugged all cords out and in......still happening.  Might have to reset to a full uninstall re re-install

Edited by bmw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happening to me again after this patch. New patch, new problem I guess(I posted this previous patch)

Edited by y0mario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a PINNED TOPIC at the top of the forum about Auto Despawns>> 

If you need help troubleshooting a connection please submit a ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.......I did a total uninstall and reinstall and so far so good.........*crosses fingers* no despawns after 5 sorties.....

UPDATE 11:00pm EST:  Happened again.......sigh :mellow:

Edited by bmw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing changed with the last patch networking wise so not sure what may be causing it.. We are discussing it internally to see if we can find anything that may be causing your issue. If you could send in a support ticket @bmw with your system specs / dxdiag, maybe it could help with some diagnosis.

Thank You

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Nothing changed with the last patch networking wise so not sure what may be causing it.. We are discussing it internally to see if we can find anything that may be causing your issue. If you could send in a support ticket @bmw with your system specs / dxdiag, maybe it could help with some diagnosis.

Thank You

Just saw a response from XOOM to the support ticket I put in yesterday.  I responded just now and included the dxdiag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auto spawn usually gets me frequently, but i have not seen any increase since the last patch.   I did have a game crash right after getting the "Netcode 3 disabled" message, but it only happened once.  I guess the question is, now that we cannot disable Netcode 3,, if Netcode 3 disables itself will the game still run?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blakeh said:

Auto spawn usually gets me frequently, but i have not seen any increase since the last patch.   I did have a game crash right after getting the "Netcode 3 disabled" message, but it only happened once.  I guess the question is, now that we cannot disable Netcode 3,, if Netcode 3 disables itself will the game still run?  

It should, the only thing that has changed with netcode3 is the ability to choose to turn it off. How it functions has not changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a windows update, video card update and some other minor computer clean ups and played last night and had no issues..........hopefully that did the trick.  Will monitor again tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting the same thing. I'm seeing my discord ping run  up to as high as 1 second too. For this I would assume that the issues must be on my end, however my internet speed and ping are both as good as normal for all other items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chris867 said:

I'm getting the same thing. I'm seeing my discord ping run  up to as high as 1 second too. For this I would assume that the issues must be on my end, however my internet speed and ping are both as good as normal for all other items.

If your discord ping is running up as well then it is something on your end.  For me i had a bad cable going to my house and when it rained i would get the forced despawns..   

 

FYI we do not host the discord server...that is a Discord hosting somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris867 said:

I'm getting the same thing. I'm seeing my discord ping run  up to as high as 1 second too. For this I would assume that the issues must be on my end, however my internet speed and ping are both as good as normal for all other items.

For what its worth when I was having the problem discord wasnt running......or running even in the background, it was off.  I'll be doing some more testing tonight to see if it happens again but all day yesterday I seemed ok after all my updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, OHM said:

If your discord ping is running up as well then it is something on your end.  For me i had a bad cable going to my house and when it rained i would get the forced despawns..   

 

FYI we do not host the discord server...that is a Discord hosting somewhere 

Thanks for the heads up, i'll continue to monitor. This is a little strange then. I'm certainly getting fantastic pings into continental European servers - and i'm testing against US servers and most are okay. Is there enough feedback so far to see if geography is a factor here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.