• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nily

BAR vs 232

15 posts in this topic

I thought the idea was to have inf rifles not be able to kill armor.

The BAR can easily kill the 232 frontally at a couple hundred meters. Easier than an ATR it seems.

Once BAR is in play the 232 is one plink and dead.

If the BAR no change than Axis needs Inf weapon that can stop light armor.

S!

LIES

The BAR is the only small arm in the game that uses AP.  

Everything else now uses ball.  

25 minutes ago, Capco said:

For those not already knowledgable, that fact (US BAR standard ammo supply = AP, all other current rifle-caliber weapon ammo supplies in all modeled armies = ball) is historical.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, nily said:

The BAR can easily kill the 232 frontally at a couple hundred meters. Easier than an ATR it seems.

S!

LIES

The BAR can penetrate the 232, depending on where you hit it.
But the above scenario isnt likely.
Caliber .30 M2, Armor Piercing tops out at 10.5mm penetration at just inside of 100m
Face of the 232 is 15mm and angled
Sides are 8mm and angled, and then you have the fenders for a bit of extra (and tires)
6mm on the top and over the engine deck , except those angles are very oblique, so you need to either be high or run up on it.
and the rear faces of the chassis and sides/back of the turret are 10mm.

It's most likely killing would be the same as before when all infantry guns shot AP and all Rifles/LMGs could kill all scout cars
Run up on it and spray the bejeebers out of the area the crewman should be in.
Or have drivers port open, in which case anyone can kill you with nearly anything.

200m plinking? Not likely
200m better get an ATR

It's intermission, go get a squad mate, mark out 200m and have him try to kill frontally you with the BAR
Easiest to get him on discord, have him stop, and set a mission waypoint there, then back away from him down the road until marker says 200m
heck at 200m, have him spray the hell out of the front back and sides

sdkfz_232_8_rad_poland39.png

3 hours ago, Capco said:

and several Axis weapons use AP.

The BAR is the only Allied weapon.

Merlin if you doubt it lets me and prove the theory.

It happens and yes at 200m. Just happened in montrieul(sp).

The whole historical part is bull[censored]. You can land a grenade in m10..but not with the invisible shield.

The purpose of not having inf kill light armor had nothing to do with historical correctness.

Yet the BAR can because it could historically. Ironic.

S!

LIES

.30-06 M2 AP is a little over 12mm @ 200m. Almost 14mm @ 100m.  

10 minutes ago, nily said:

You can land a grenade in m10..but not with the invisible shield.

you can get it in it, if it does not go squirreling around on the rear gun and crew polys etc, it takes a bit to figure out exactly where to toss it
but it does the same thing as if you dropped it in a truck bed or down the hatch on a stug and through the rear hatch on a french turret.
goes out the bottom of the vehicle onto the ground, and doesnt harm the tank
Or, sometimes, it comes flying back at you.

Only grenade you can currently put into any vehicle fatally, is the axis rifle grenade. Because it is contact fused, it has no need to try and unclip itself.
in fact, if the rear gunner is deployed, best place to shoot the RG is back of his head, because the frag pattern comes right back into the gunner and commander.
All other grenades, because they can bounce and roll, attempt to unclip themselves if they find themselves wedged between and clipping a collider.

15 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

you can get it in it, if it does not go squirreling around on the rear gun and crew polys etc, it takes a bit to figure out exactly where to toss it
but it does the same thing as if you dropped it in a truck bed or down the hatch on a stug and through the rear hatch on a french turret.
goes out the bottom of the vehicle onto the ground, and doesnt harm the tank
Or, sometimes, it comes flying back at you.

Only grenade you can currently put into any vehicle fatally, is the axis rifle grenade. Because it is contact fused, it has no need to try and unclip itself.
in fact, if the rear gunner is deployed, best place to shoot the RG is back of his head, because the frag pattern comes right back into the gunner and commander.
All other grenades, because they can bounce and roll, attempt to unclip themselves if they find themselves wedged between and clipping a collider.

Maybe grenades would be better modelled if there was a way for players to pull the pin before the grenade is thrown?  This way players could time when the grenade explodes in the air.  The grenades could do damage before they hit the ground or any other object.  It would be more realistic too.

17 hours ago, MikeAZ said:

I think any target I shoot at should die.

Even if you miss, right?  :)

Hello Mike  ;)

Ah thanks niley, I did not know a BAR could kill a 232 frontally.  I will be sure to use it first chance i get and let the unfortunate operator know you told me how. :)

2 hours ago, krazydog said:

Maybe grenades would be better modelled if there was a way for players to pull the pin before the grenade is thrown?  This way players could time when the grenade explodes in the air.  The grenades could do damage before they hit the ground or any other object.  It would be more realistic too.

I've wanted that for years, even though in reality, i would probably blow myself up on a good number of occasions.

On the 232, i could not find nily in game but i tried killing myself in it with the BAR frontally
200m
150m
50m
and point blank

With everyone buttoned up, i could not hurt anyone from the front, and that included going spray happy on the drivers view slit from point blank
as well as every other part of the front.

From the side, you are toast, as expected since it is only 8mm, but from the front i tried shooting everything
turret gap, view slit, all the frontal facing plates etc and all i got for it was a small amount of ear ringing.

Can anyone else come up with a frontal spot to pop one with a BAR?

280 meters at from the flanks, 45° also works because you get a flat shot on the angled side plates

can even nuke it lol, I'm not even going to bother with getting closer you should just be able to hipfire it

it's basically a full-auto ATR that can ADS

also CRS the accuracy modeling of a deployed BAR is awful, no service weapon would ever be accepted if it had single shots floating around so much at less than 300m

On 2/3/2019 at 6:12 PM, nily said:

S!

LIES

LIES

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0