• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
enemytank

Opel sound... for sale

15 posts in this topic

OMG.....THIS is what we want!

Please CRS can we look into these audio paks? I think everyone can agree that the work Merlin did to change the audio of the trucks in game didn't really have much effect on in game audio cues. We can still hear the truck audio from way too far.

Changing from the old sounds to the new sounds and MOST of the returning vets thought W T F.

If the current sound engine cannot support high fidelity audio what can? Can we start a thread about the sound engine options?

This is more of what I expect out of the truck audio.  Nothing wrong with my sound card playing that back, so it's either the source sound or some mangling in the game creation/playback mechanism.

The Opel isn't a 350HP hemi, but it's not a lawn mower either.

The current sounds have a lot of noise to them, especially vehicles. It's very rough on the ear I wonder if a little reverb would smooth it out.

22 hours ago, aismov said:

Does anyone know where they got all these sounds from?

A whole hodge podge of sources. Many if not all of the sounds are shared with other games. For example, the current - also terrible - Thompson SMG sound can also be found in one of the old Brothers in Arms games, and the current panzer engine sound was ripped directly off of an old Youtube video of a Panther driving around Saumur? I think, and that sound is also used in a couple other games if I remember correctly as well. 

Before the sound update in 1.28 I believe it was, many of those old original sounds are shared between tons of stuff, some even used today, such as that old British tank coax sound

Edit: found the video where our current panzer tanks' engine sounds came from. 

Edited by gt3076r