ah64e

Wish List

22 posts in this topic

If you had the power to change the game,  what would you accomplish?

A new weapon,  a change in graphics, rule change???  

Please make a recommendation or suggestion as a gamer of ww2ol

I wish the bipods of LMG's and BAR were already deployed even when walking, running or shooting.  Then when you go prone, the weapon doesn't take 3 seconds delay to fire.

1 person likes this

Wish we could see the total number of players active on the map at all time with a tool or command. 

It would be even better if each sides population was visible...

2 minutes ago, ah64e said:

Wish we could see the total number of players active on the map at all time with a tool or command. 

It would be even better if each sides population was visible...

What would this do for gameplay? 

You already have server population on Webmap, or on the battleground tools and wiretap.

Persona Lock when you logon is also in effect to show population.

-Redesigned infantry gameplay/movements and controls, currently horribly sluggish and unwieldy.

-Improved terrain and buildings.

-Area capture points of something other than repetitive current buildings, i.e. hills, fortifications, different buildings, something/anything. Not a fan of repetitive towns either

-Improved/more immersive weather, to include better clouds for air.

-Improved/more immersive sounds. Guns, tank shells, DD shells, explosions, etc.

Obviously and probably most importantly, actual WW2 Online instead of 18 years of the battle of the low countries/NE France. I recognize this is a long term dream and not even really feasible with current population, but the hope of this is what keeps me around after all these years.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, big said:

-Redesigned infantry gameplay/movements and controls, currently horribly sluggish and unwieldy.

-Improved terrain and buildings.

-Area capture points of something other than repetitive current buildings, i.e. hills, fortifications, different buildings, something/anything. Not a fan of repetitive towns either

-Improved/more immersive weather, to include better clouds for air.

-Improved/more immersive sounds. Guns, tank shells, DD shells, explosions, etc.

Obviously and probably most importantly, actual WW2 Online instead of 18 years of the battle of the low countries/NE France. I recognize this is a long term dream and not even really feasible with current population, but the hope of this is what keeps me around after all these years.

Holy [censored]... you joined in 2003 and only have 3 forum posts!?

S!S!S!

1 person likes this

Forgot one more:

-The HUD scrolling/notifying you of kills you earn as they happen

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, matamor said:

HC and ML uniforms. 

Nothing quite like padding stats in style.

2 people like this

You already have server population on Webmap, or on the battleground tools and wiretap.

1.  My answer is the game play would be improved knowing what strength your side is.

2.  Really ?  True population.   Tell me where is data can be found exactly.

3.  Persona Lock only shows overpopulated side.  Not a very effective tool, need true numbers for tranparancy

riflemen rechambering while aimed down sights

RPATS blow themselves up

transparent chat with no container, so you can use comms at the side/center of screen without blinding yourself

- Move the game out of CPs and towards area control/capture.

- Air to ground rockets for planes.

1 hour ago, matamor said:

HC and ML uniforms. 

I thought this was back already? Wasn't there an HC kit added during the Christmas countdown?

1 hour ago, BLKHWK8 said:

What's there not to understand? People want to know how many people are playing and during which times - not worth the trouble of setting up and loading up just for nothing to be going on. Or, a quick check showing strong population gives incentive to hop in on the fly. This goes for all games...

5 minutes ago, gt3076r said:

I thought this was back already? Wasn't there an HC kit added during the Christmas countdown?

Didnt see the difference seriously, I would say no

18 minutes ago, gt3076r said:

HC Officer unit was added at this time I believe. 

They do not get a special uniform.  They receive the unique ability to place a FRU that can only spawn bolt-action riflemen.  

2 hours ago, thebacon said:

I’d like to see the airplanes to handle a little better

What do you mean?

For my wish - terrain/world update meaning sky and lighting too and twice the visual distance we currently have, maybe 2.5 times.

1 person likes this

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, rodsantos said:

- Move the game out of CPs and towards area control/capture.

- Air to ground rockets for planes.

YES! This would be great

On 2/4/2019 at 5:55 PM, ah64e said:

I wish the bipods of LMG's and BAR were already deployed even when walking, running or shooting.  Then when you go prone, the weapon doesn't take 3 seconds delay to fire.

You can already fire the weapon without setting up the bipod, so it's hard to see what the problem is. Go prone and shoot.

So you want more Rambo and less realism. Got it.

Games like Squad and Post Scriptum are plenty fun; they don't do what you ask.

The LMGs in this game (especially the MG34) are already used like a combination of assault rifle + fictional DOOM weapon. It's pretty vomit-inducing as it is.

My wish list?

- Eliminate lmg hip-fire while moving at "jog" pace; fire button triggers walk animation (a solution I proposed on these very forums 10 years ago).

- Increase lmg dispersion for both hip-fire and aimed fire. Again, Post Scriptum has this *just* right; even aimed dispersion for the LMGs is WAY higher than in this game.

- ...because in PS, LMGs are used in their proper role: Suppression. Add suppression effects. Again, see PS for how to implement this the right way.

- Heck, speaking of dispersion: I want the @scotsman small arms dispersion audit already...

- Please remove the laughable infantry default standing pose (the so-called "ready" pose), where their bodies are straight but knees are slightly bent (an anatomically implausible position that looks really, really dumb). Just have the infantry standing like normal freaking human beings like in every other damn game.

- The perfectly stabilized, non-moving view when jogging or running as inf is uncanny valley crap; it stands out like a sore thumb if you come to this immediately after playing any other modern FPS in existence. Add at least *some* head bob.

- Speaking of which: First-person camera should move down when crouch-running (currently it doesn't; I guess this is a bug). Also, make crouch-run *much* faster (more realistic, keeping in line with other games like PS).

- Best of all, eliminate missions and mission-based spawning. Replace "missions" with "sections" (or "fire teams" or whatever); the mission leader is now the section leader, and there is a cap on people per section; maybe 8-10. Each section will also have weapon/role restrictions (e.g. no more than 1x LMG per section). Section leader has the current HC persona's FRU ability (but no rifle restriction, and ONLY his section can spawn there). The section leader can also kick players out of his section if he chooses.

- Area-based capture (that is, NOT the stupidly ancient idea that a capture point is an actual single building, and that you have to stand inside of it to capture it).

- Certain threshold of enemy players within certain proximity of your spawn *temporarily disables spawning* there. NO MORE SPAWN CAMPING. Every other PvP game in existence figured this out 20 years ago. If the players on the ground can dislodge the enemy, spawning is restored. Ideally this would apply to FBs and ABs too. As with most changes that this game desperately needs (just ask all the Steam players who tried and then ran away from this game), the idiotic status quo bias from old timers here would probably prevent it from happening.

- Something I really wanted when I was younger (circa ~15 years ago): The ability to customize the look of your own persistent persona in game. A little bit of choice in terms of face (optional scar, etc), uniform appearance (multiple variations, choice of camo pattern, etc). I still think this would be insanely cool, but the gameplay has been so utterly dysfunctional for so long that at this point, it would be too superficial to waste dev resources on (but it would still be cool).

- Another thing I daydreamed of when I was younger: Rounds actually penetrate some cover...so wooden walls and such. ATR rounds should be penetrating most walls, I think....and so should other small arms fire. Obviously this would apply to heavier weapons too, but ideally we'd have deformable/destroyable buildings. There was a game called "Soldner" that came out in 2004 and got a TON of hype on these forums when it was in development; amazingly, it had deformable terrain and destroyable buildings. And it wasn't some cheap visual trick; it was real. That is, your rounds would actually punch holes through buildings. Tank rounds would punch BIG holes through buildings, and parts of the building could potentially collapse.

Sadly, I think Soldner's graphics were more or less equivalent to (or even better than) WWIIOL's current graphics. Again, this was essentially a small dev team on an even smaller budget pulling it off 16 years ago.

- One more thing my younger self daydreamed of: Higher resolution terrain. By that, I'm not talking about the textures, but the ground itself. About 10-15 years ago, the Rats posted screenshots of Terrain 2.0; originally for the North Africa theater, they said they would eventually update the existing theater's terrain. So we would have something a little more realistic than flat golf courses everywhere. This was over a decade ago, so it was obviously just another false promise. But still, I'd love to see it someday (maybe another 10-15 years from now??)...

ONE MORE THING!

Vehicle vs inf scale has been off since the very beginning. There have been numerous threads where players have posted detailed evidence proving this beyond any reasonable doubt. Vehicles are too small relative to infantry. This is an unequivocal fact. Sit inside a JU-52 and that should be a clue that something is off!! Years ago, enormous amounts of evidence was required to prove this (despite CRS insistence that it wasn't true). These threads came out before the JU-52 even existed. Now you can see it for yourself just by playing Post Scriptum (where the vehicle vs inf scale is *starkly* different than what we have here).

Edited by xanthus