• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
potthead

Numbers / Overpop / Time on Mission / Player engagement : A Potthead Theory

80 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, knucks said:

Those are whales...  You see all these games with hundreds apon hundreds of little items to buy, it's because they sell well not only to the average person, but to people who really want to stick out from the  crowd with all the coolest, latest gear.

I pay for and support the game and my latest coolest gear is always an opel, a rifle and a satchel charge.  Too cool. 

Image result for military whales

12 minutes ago, sorella said:

I pay for and support the game and my latest coolest gear is always an opel, a rifle and a satchel charge.  Too cool. 

Yeah but then 1000 people start playing and you're no longer THE soldier, just a soldier among many, then you want to most because you can no longer run around with a pistol reking tanks.
When more people start playing, MG's laying down suppression, explosions everywhere, planes strafing like crazy, you're going to find a use for all that equipment you ignore at the moment.
Or some noobs buy all the cool camo's and uniform varients and you're sitting there in your dull grey panzer looking like the real noob. Then you'll want to use what you buy.
But of course rifle's will always be relevant, no argument there.

Edited by knucks

11 hours ago, knucks said:

When more people start playing, MG's laying down suppression, explosions everywhere, planes strafing like crazy, you're going to find a use for all that equipment you ignore at the moment.

I agree with y'alls in this thread including pott, asimov and (even) david01/06: the difficulties arise because of game pop - there were dumbass "player sits in a big honking stick-out-of-a-bush truck to be MS' way-back times but the pop was big so it was lots of fun - now with lower pop:  fms truck noise/build time, faster caps, longer bunker timers etc are all good suggestions. 

Just that the designers/owners  and players need to accept that the game needs to constantly adapt and change and test and evolve to population and who that population is and style of population so there would never be static one thing at a time dev - what's good for low pop vets isn't (and wasn't back when) necessarily good for high pop newbs (as in the beginning, as at steam launch)  and so on. 

And so we run through no AOs/ AOs; player truck ms, ms, inf fru, back to truck ms;  no fbs, easy fbs to kill, harder fbs to kill; perma-garrisons; toes; mix of both... and ever onwards. Behind it all, its basic FPS capture the flag, everything else is chrome.

I applaud and thank CRS2 and the current positive suggestion players for trying to adapt and overcome with an 18 year old historic relic. 

1 person likes this