• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
stankyus

A few questions.

24 posts in this topic

1. Was I mistaken when the new TO&E entered... did I see fg42s in the regular infantry? They should only be in the para brigs only.

2. During intermission, it seems as if the 17pdr is still shooting the APC round. What is the ETA on fixing? Not a rush, I don't expect to see the firefly or Achilles soon or often but by the off chance we do get to play with them sooner than later, it would be nice to have that historic and correct ammo. I should not be struggling to kill a tiger at 1600 frontally at all. It should be able to produce 2800m frontal kills.

3. ATR killing A13s still in the same spots they always have.. they have spaced armor, some of those kill spots should be gone. I guess the armor audit has yet to touch the cruisers?

4. In regard to the cruiser tanks. Will the spaced armor on those effect the HEAT projectile performance? My cru3 sorties in intermission got raped by shrecks.. out of depots frontally.. this is a honest question. What should I expect?

5. The skirts on the BEF tanks, are they configured to have any defensive purposes? Or are the in reality of zero defensive purpose? I genuinely don't know?

6. The baby Sherman HEAT round.. I know it's been done via Scotsman... but do we have an eta before it's in the game? Especially since we have to contend with tigers in t2 with baby shermans. I'm pretty sure that HEAT round will be dangerous to the tiger but I could be mistaken, but not the StugGs.

7. I pointed this out with the ch4 CS tank and I see the issue was passed onto the ch8 CS. The site cannot be adjusted for range... certainly they where able to dial in the range right? I have pointed this out 2x in the bug forums with zero response. Do they, or don't they have dialed range settings?

8. Smoke rounds.. are they really that short ranged? In all of the shermans I have to aim so high I lose the target if they are past mb 1k? What are we to expect in reality? I actually got some smoke out to about 1400m but I was aiming at the treetops next to me.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

1. Was I mistaken when the new TO&E entered... did I see fg42s in the regular infantry? They should only be in the para brigs only.

They are in para brigades only.

2. During intermission, it seems as if the 17pdr is still shooting the APC round. What is the ETA on fixing?

The towed shoots APC. We’ll get around to fixing the Firefly and Achilles rounds ”soon”.

3. ATR killing A13s still in the same spots they always have.. they have spaced armor, some of those kill spots should be gone. I guess the armor audit has yet to touch the cruisers?

Yes.

The other questions I will have to look into.

14 hours ago, Bmbm said:

They are in para brigades only.

The towed shoots APC. We’ll get around to fixing the Firefly and Achilles rounds ”soon”.

Yes.

The other questions I will have to look into.

Thank you BMBM. Look forward to the rest of the answers.

6. The baby Sherman HEAT round.. I know it's been done via Scotsman... but do we have an eta before it's in the game? Especially since we have to contend with tigers in t2 with baby shermans. I'm pretty sure that HEAT round will be dangerous to the tiger but I could be mistaken, but not the StugGs.

SO in other words is , the advantage we have or woild have in that tier gets taken away while we still really have no Armor that can kill Matildas.

And why do Allies complain? 

And then you guys have a Tank that can kill a Tiger at 2800 meters as you say . Really , I wasn't to far off when I said you guys really don't want to ever learn how to flank but only be able to point click shoot and get the kill.

I'm speechless.

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

And then you guys have a Tank that can kill a Tiger at 2800 meters as you say . Really , I wasn't to far off when I said you guys really don't want to ever learn how to flank but only be able to point click shoot and get the kill.

I think you have to be kind of fair in that assessment.
The tiger can also take out the sherman at 2800m, but by that range, it is no longer a simple click and shoot for either party.
No one has laser shot placement.

The tiger also comes in earlier, with the 75mm sherman, which is correct.
The firefly does not come in until later

On 2/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, dre21 said:

SO in other words is , the advantage we have or woild have in that tier gets taken away while we still really have no Armor that can kill Matildas.

And why do Allies complain? 

I'm speechless.

Well the whole point is that with the move to the historical date entrances and all the historical ammo etc being the direction there are some things that are not in the game.  The Greese gun being pushed back to its historical teirs along with the S76 etc which ONLY really hit the Alllies negatively outside the FG42 going back to being a para only unit.

So I the thing is, the baby sherman carried 75mm heat. It was not extraordinarily good HEAT but it was good enough for what we face in the game.  The Ammo data was done and ATM the BEF CS tank has HEAT now but no way to dial in a range setting making it in reality useless with the exception of point blank. That being said the last time I actually used the CH4 HEAT to the flank of a P4G, I got nothing except a smoking engine. So its not about destroying any Axis advantage but it closes the distance between baby shermans and Tigers if that was ever a worry for the Axis. So I laugh at the complaint about having baby shermans that can actually kill tigers now outside of 800m.  OH the irony.  Im not even sure the HEAT will go through the frontal armor of the Tiger.. It think IIRC it was something like 110mm but I am unsure.

As for the 17pdr.. the Achillies and FireFly or the current configuration of the ATG never fired APC ammo which ever in anger.. The firefly probably never loaded APC rounds into it barrel even for training. The 17pdr APC we have now is better than the earlier 17pdr APC the game carried. The allies 17pdr ammo the game had was modelled after the rarest and earliest 17pdr APC ever created, even the APC ammo we have now was pretty rare.  The only BEF 17pdrs ever to fire the APC ammo was the Pheasant and Archer.  SO its is not historical to have ANY APC ammo in any of the current BEF 17pdrs.  The 2800m mark for the APCBC ammo I cherry picked.. IF I hit the glacious at 2800m, I have plenty room to make up for angle to get through.  Now IF I could hit you at 3K frontally, I could potentially one shot the Tiger frontally at 3k but there is little room for angle.  THAT being said, trying to hit anything at 2k and beyond is a waist of ammo and its not LIKE the tiger cannot kill my Sherman over 2k atm as it is.  IT just means the Tiger is not going to be safe rolling up and waiting for the Allies to try and flank. The Tiger driver is needing to play the game smart.. right.. eh.  No, everyone is going to need to play smart.

2 people like this

M-66 HEAT would struggle vs a Tiger as it doesn't have sufficient post penetration to do much, even assuming it struck at perpendicular. Marine shermans fired M66 but ETO crews generally preferred KE even though the Sherman could fire the M66. All the ammo was done for the 17pdr to include APDS. The stowage diagram for the VC firefly would seem to differ with your statement with regards to APC. I have no problem using APCBC on firefly. Hopefully get a better HEAT model in this year as the current model is not up to par.

VC-CoDriver.jpg

1 person likes this

So its not about destroying any Axis advantage but it closes the distance between baby shermans and Tigers if that was ever a worry for the Axis. So I laugh at the complaint about having baby shermans that can actually kill tigers now outside of 800m.

So which Axis Panzer closes the distance to the Matilda in Tier 0 or 1 ? 

STUG and 4d need to get within 20meters and use AP round and that's not a given and the 3h needs to get silly close too. There lies my complaint. You have 1 tier before you get another Armor that can kill the Tiger , not to mention most Axis Tankers loose our guns at ranges of 1000 +meters so in other words Allied tanks can still destroy Tigers at range , only difference is the crew doesn't die but the Tank still became useless. 

I have pounded Matildas from close range with Heat, AP and HE targeted that gun and mantel but you think that gun ever went broke nope . Impact was dead on the gun too.

8 hours ago, dre21 said:

So which Axis Panzer closes the distance to the Matilda in Tier 0 or 1 ? 

STUG and 4d need to get within 20meters and use AP round and that's not a given and the 3h needs to get silly close too. There lies my complaint. You have 1 tier before you get another Armor that can kill the Tiger , not to mention most Axis Tankers loose our guns at ranges of 1000 +meters so in other words Allied tanks can still destroy Tigers at range , only difference is the crew doesn't die but the Tank still became useless. 

I have pounded Matildas from close range with Heat, AP and HE targeted that gun and mantel but you think that gun ever went broke nope . Impact was dead on the gun too.

well the pak38 sure made a good work out of my Matty tonight... and we get the 57mm when now?  The stu when? Cru3?  We went to the historical tiers. I dont like it as much as you do as I prefer some warpage for a more even playing field. However all things being equal, its not that we should not have what is also historical at our fingertips also. Yes?

10 hours ago, scotsman said:

M-66 HEAT would struggle vs a Tiger as it doesn't have sufficient post penetration to do much, even assuming it struck at perpendicular. Marine shermans fired M66 but ETO crews generally preferred KE even though the Sherman could fire the M66. All the ammo was done for the 17pdr to include APDS. The stowage diagram for the VC firefly would seem to differ with your statement with regards to APC. I have no problem using APCBC on firefly. Hopefully get a better HEAT model in this year as the current model is not up to par.

VC-CoDriver.jpg

LOL I never said it could not carry it, but by the few things I have read in the past few years have stated that the Firefly never carried the APC in combat as it was obsolete to the APCBC round by the time the Firefly entered the war. I would be surprised if the firefly actually fired the APC round in training either. Ill stick to that assesment until you tell me different. The current APC is a mark better that what we had but all things being equal, there is zero reason why we should not have the most common AT round the Achilles and Firefly carried. Yes?  TBH, I am unsure why it was not in the TO&E as it is.  I raised this point years ago about the the 17pdr atg when the 88 got the pzGr39 round. The allies should NEVER had to struggle killing Tigers at 1.5k with it period.  If we get a mix, im fine with that. I like having choices.  That being said, the allies dont look like we will get to play with the firefly or S76 except for intermission or every 3rd of 4th map when the Axis squad switch sides again. So its not going to make much of an impact until T3.5 which was rare anyway prior to this.  Its pretty disheartening to not get anything new and effective until then.... or a new unit that improves the situation.  Now so I dont sound like a total debby downer, the BEF tanking experience in T2 with the sherman 75 and T3 witht he M10 had greatly improved the experience.  Also, do you know if the Churchill CS tanks had adjustable sites for the guns? Both the CS tanks dont have them.. and what about the smoke round, what can I expect? I cant get the round to land where I am aiming, IF I aim at 1k, it lands at 500m. IF I try and aim at 1500m (S76 and Firefly) I have to litterally fire over the trees and my target is not even in my sites by then. The best range I have gotten using it is 1400m... possibly less.  I thought the smoke was supposed to reach out and blind the Tigers at 2k. what is the deal?

1 person likes this

I don't know about you guys... But I'm mostly interest in the 12 tons of biscuits stowed in the upper left.

When do we get those?

11 hours ago, stankyus said:

well the pak38 sure made a good work out of my Matty tonight... and we get the 57mm when now?  The stu when? Cru3?  We went to the historical tiers. I dont like it as much as you do as I prefer some warpage for a more even playing field. However all things being equal, its not that we should not have what is also historical at our fingertips also. Yes?

My Matty CS got exploded by a pak36 the other day lol. 

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

My Matty CS got exploded by a pak36 the other day lol. 

It's funny.  We always knew the Pak36 was upgunned intentionally as a "balance" mechanism.  

What's even more funny is that when CRS did the audit for the Pak36, they found it to be UNDER performing, and had its penetration capabilities IMPROVED lol.  

Can't remember where I saw the post, but it's floating around.  Not more than 10 days old iirc.

1 hour ago, aismov said:

I don't know about you guys... But I'm mostly interest in the 12 tons of biscuits stowed in the upper left.

When do we get those?

*Tins* not tons lol.

How old are you aismov, if you don't mind my asking?

Edited by Capco

12 hours ago, stankyus said:

I said Panzer , not Pak and we get limited numbers to boot. So it maybe kills one or 2 before it gets killed depending on the action or where he is hiding.

Now what they did with the PAK 36 I can't tell you. 

It sure does kill Tanks now that it shouldn't,  according to historical accounts , and then maybe we just suck at distance est  in game and its all legit , Scotsman did the audit so it should all be good.

I have been playing Axis for over 10 years. Only once did I ever kill a Matty with a PAK 36.   I was hiding in a bush with my atg, and I let the Matty pass me by just a few feet away, and I fired point blank into the Matty’s side on the sapper’s spot, and I got the kill.  

Its pretty rare to kill a matty with a Pak 36, and I think it requires a side shot right next to the tank, and it doesn’t work every time - not so easy.  I am also not aware of any recent changes to the Pak 36.  What was changed?

Edited by krazydog

5 hours ago, Capco said:

It's funny.  We always knew the Pak36 was upgunned intentionally as a "balance" mechanism.  

What's even more funny is that when CRS did the audit for the Pak36, they found it to be UNDER performing, and had its penetration capabilities IMPROVED lol.  

Can't remember where I saw the post, but it's floating around.  Not more than 10 days old iirc.

IIRC the Pak36 was using the ammo that the 38T was using and it was incorrect all these years. The proper ammo was created in the HE/KE audit.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, krazydog said:

I have been playing Axis for over 10 years. Only once did I ever kill a Matty with a PAK 36.   I was hiding in a bush with my atg, and I let the Matty pass me by just a few feet away, and I fired point blank into the Matty’s side on the sapper’s spot, and I got the kill.  

Its pretty rare to kill a matty with a Pak 36, and I think it requires a side shot right next to the tank, and it doesn’t work every time - not so easy.  I am also not aware of any recent changes to the Pak 36.  What was changed?

I managed to push a pak36 within 1 meter on a Matilda rear and shot it point blank in the [censored], got it to smoke after countless hits , then he moved into reverse and I just pushed away from him , he did look around but I played keep away as he turned his turret to find what's hitting him. As soon as he concentrated on the CP again I pushed behind him again and kept shooting . 

I can't recall if he finally caught fire or just despawned cause I killed his crew .

But he despawned all that counted , can't say how many shots it took either but it was 20+

Then I got killed by an ei. 

End of story.

8 hours ago, Capco said:

*Tins* not tons lol.

How old are you aismov, if you don't mind my asking?

Look at my join date and factor in that I played this game in college. Will give you a rough idea :)