choad

TOE Comparison and Tracking

20 posts in this topic

I made an update to this little hobby-site of mine which involves analyzing TOE sheets (using wiretap data). One time per day, I break down the TOE and log it.

You can easily compare TOE for all factions and go back in time and see how the changed (starting today of course). It will also show you what the supply will be for future tiers (assuming that they have been entered).

http://www.campaigncharts.com/

 

If you see any errors - let me know, thanks!

Edited by choad
7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is awsome! Thanks!

This kind stuff should be on the website TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, choad said:

I made an update to this little hobby-site of mine which involves analyzing TOE sheets (using wiretap data). One time per day, I break down the TOE and log it.

You can easily compare TOE for all factions and go back in time and see how the changed (starting today of course). It will also show you what the supply will be for future tiers (assuming that they have been entered).

http://www.campaigncharts.com/

 

If you see any errors - let me know, thanks!

Choad I love it. Very clean...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i just did some checking on that Population  chart  .... Those numbers are nowhere near what the population is at .... 
Today with my tools i tag specific times to compare the 15min intervals and i do not have any idea what those numbers are ..... ...from what i can figure out is the number line marked 50  is  the complete balance 1 to 1   ... each dot at a time line is 2 numbers that add up to 100 ...so 1 red dot is a number and 1 blue dot is a number.  When both are added it will be 100 hundred ... 

So what i am thinking is that should be a gauge instead  of a graph and center would be balance and to the left or right would be how much the unbalance would be .....
All that info is coming from Wire Tap  and KFS1 i bet made it that way so it would not reveal what the population is.  

So you really can't go by the chart that well

@choad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OHM it is just a percent of players ... not the actual number. So each line is an inverse of the other, always adding up to 100%. And, unless you do not filter by day .... it is the average of all days over the campaign. Also... give a 2 hour delay when looking at any time, b/c that is how far back it looks.

Edited by choad
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, choad said:

@OHM it is just a percent of players ... not the actual number. And, unless you do not filter by day .... it is the average of all days over the campaign. Also... give a 2 hour delay when looking at any time, b/c that is how far back it looks.

Some players were thinking it was showing the player numbers .... confusion was starting to set in .

Taking the numbers off the chart  for the rise and lowering would help and just state when a line is on top that is the over pop side and the greater the separation the more the imbalance is.  

 

@choad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OHM ok. I have not heard that but i will definately add a "%" indicator to make it clear.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2019 at 1:19 AM, choad said:

@OHM ok. I have not heard that but i will definately add a "%" indicator to make it clear.

@OHM do these numbers match CRS u understanding of numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, choad said:

@OHM it is just a percent of players ... not the actual number. So each line is an inverse of the other, always adding up to 100%. And, unless you do not filter by day .... it is the average of all days over the campaign. Also... give a 2 hour delay when looking at any time, b/c that is how far back it looks.

I would strongly recommend adding a % symbol next to the individual numbers on the line chart when a user highlights their mouse over it. If not it will be misinterpreted as an actual hard number for population.

This may not seem like a big deal, but to me it is. I don't want to see this sort of tool get misinterpreted and weaponized to illustrate someones goal in attacking us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, XOOM said:

I would strongly recommend adding a % symbol next to the individual numbers on the line chart when a user highlights their mouse over it. If not it will be misinterpreted as an actual hard number for population.

This may not seem like a big deal, but to me it is. I don't want to see this sort of tool get misinterpreted and weaponized to illustrate someones goal in attacking us. 

Roger that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@XOOM I added in the %'s as you requested.

 

Also added a total server population estimate there - with no numbers presented, just the time of day along with a trend-line. It needs one small change that I just thought of (the legend is screwed up), but it shouldn't affect the way it looks too much.....

Edited by choad
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there going to be an American's column?  Won't be of much use ultimately if we don't have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup there will be / should be. I will take a look ... as i coded it to account for them but sometimes it is hard to predict how the wiretap api presents things until you see it. If they are in now i will take a gander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the American's are in-game - I update and compare U.S. Toe lists as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.