• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
thebacon

People unsubbing....

91 posts in this topic

What can CRS do to stop this? I am seeing day 1 players unsubbing more than ever because of lack of equipment or tanks are weaker than ever. This is getting redic. Anyone else seeing this frustration with players and squadmates?

2 people like this

Have to give a little more to go on.

Equipment is not unlimited, so there is a fixed quantity a given brigade can hold.
As things get killed they go away from the spawn pool until resupplied.
That is part of attrition, but you can pull units from surrounding areas and such.
A brigade that has seen heavy fighting may well find it self very low on supply if it has taken a lot of casualties.

Tanks, i am not sure what you mean weaker than ever?
We had an audit of all ammunition, and some anti tank ammunition had been performing very poorly, the pak36 for example.
The audit made them perform much more correctly, if they were doing terrible, and brought them to more proper performance if they
had been better than they should have been.

But as far as the tanks themselves, they have not had armor reduced, or engines reduced in power or anything like that.
If anything, a tanks life expectancy increased because bombs were corrected so they are not penetrating as if they were HVAP
Though they can still die to a good solid direct hit to like an engine vent, and light tanks can get killed by large bombs that hit very close
to them.

Do you have any specific examples of stuff you are seeing and not happy with?

I resubbed in order to bring more action. It's much more fun if you have more than just a rifle :) 

4 people like this

he's talking about the removal of tanks from 2/3 of the flags

relying in HC to move brigs, just for tanks, isn't fun

the old ToE with a low supply tanks in inf flags would get attired quickly vs armour flags.

1 hour ago, aismov said:

I resubbed in order to bring more action. It's much more fun if you have more than just a rifle :) 

yet, more have unsubbed, and the greentags aren't sticking around because:

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Not.  Enough.  Action.  

weekend prime-times are reduced to 1-AO and no spawns often, yet people still refuse to accept the causes.

15 minutes ago, major0noob said:

he's talking about the removal of tanks from 2/3 of the flags

relying in HC to move brigs, just for tanks, isn't fun

the old ToE with a low supply tanks in inf flags would get attired quickly vs armour flags.

yet, more have unsubbed, and the greentags aren't sticking around because:

weekend prime-times are reduced to 1-AO and no spawns often, yet people still refuse to accept the causes.

Axis side is a little better now with some 4Ds and 38t's on inf flags. 

13 minutes ago, gretnine said:

I sent a couple PMs out to Axis tankers that unsubbed in an effort to bring them back by telling them this.  

No one has read them yet though :(

55 minutes ago, major0noob said:

TBH I wonder whether we play the same game or what you post is hyperbole (and in not posting this just to be a PITA). I've been on most weekdays and we've had 2-3 AOs in non-prime time and only dropped to one AO I think at around 1 AM on Tuesfsy when I stayed up late. 

Similar to FMS availability. Any attack I've seen usually has 3+ FMS set up and they stay up easily for over an hour.

Really dunno where all your no AO/no FMS comments come from. Maybe you are playing different TZ from me?

S!

I've yet to see 3 AOs since I started playing again regularly about a month ago.  

How the heck are you seeing 3 AOs outside of US prime?  

11 minutes ago, Capco said:

I've yet to see 3 AOs since I started playing again regularly about a month ago.  

How the heck are you seeing 3 AOs outside of US prime?  

We had 3 AOs on Thursday night. I don't play Friday and Saturday do not sure what yesterday and today are like.

EDIT: most times it is indeed 2 AO but 3 AO haven't been that rare. Certainly it is not the 1 AO/crickets chirping in an empty field that MJ describes.

Edited by aismov

54 minutes ago, Capco said:

I sent a couple PMs out to Axis tankers that unsubbed in an effort to bring them back by telling them this.  

No one has read them yet though :(

Yup. I do miss Kareca and Rotsechs :-(

3 AO was regular, while 1 was TZ3

1 hour ago, gretnine said:

the guys are gone. it was silly, 14 matties vs 232 & 3B... extra matties to make up for half tracks, ignoring the 2 person requirement to use the 88

they made it clear why they left... no tanks in 2/3's of the flags = no fun

The low amount of SMGs isn't making folks happy, either.  

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Have to give a little more to go on.

Equipment is not unlimited, so there is a fixed quantity a given brigade can hold.
As things get killed they go away from the spawn pool until resupplied.
That is part of attrition, but you can pull units from surrounding areas and such.
A brigade that has seen heavy fighting may well find it self very low on supply if it has taken a lot of casualties.

Tanks, i am not sure what you mean weaker than ever?
We had an audit of all ammunition, and some anti tank ammunition had been performing very poorly, the pak36 for example.
The audit made them perform much more correctly, if they were doing terrible, and brought them to more proper performance if they
had been better than they should have been.

But as far as the tanks themselves, they have not had armor reduced, or engines reduced in power or anything like that.
If anything, a tanks life expectancy increased because bombs were corrected so they are not penetrating as if they were HVAP
Though they can still die to a good solid direct hit to like an engine vent, and light tanks can get killed by large bombs that hit very close
to them.

Do you have any specific examples of stuff you are seeing and not happy with?

Axis armor had been nurfed. We don’t have panzers. A lot of my squadies are tankers. The Stug in tier 0 is a joke now. I’m a day 1 player who comes and goes like most people. I only resubbed up again because guys were coming back. Now their leaving. Its frustrating. We’ve expressed our dislike to what CRS is doing in our Squad Facebook page which has members from CRS in it. You should of seen what their replies were. I was half tempted to screen shot it and post it but I’m better than that. I’d love to see the numbers on people unsubbing compared to subbing up.

35 minutes ago, Capco said:

The low amount of SMGs isn't making folks happy, either.  

Correct. Spawned into two ABs,not CPs, ABs, one smg. Depots have typically not had any, maybe one. $17 to play with 1 smg, MAYBE.

What we fail to understand, as said in another thread, is that the amount of SMGs have been so restricted that

1) PAYING makes no sense. If I'm going to be reduced to a rifle anyway, why am I paying? If I'm using rifles I might as well just unsub and play for free with the rifle

2) The significantly limited amount of SMGs versus hip shooting, laser guided LMGs who may or may not warp while being rambos simply kill that ONE or TWO smgs available. 

So we want to limit the SMGs to a absurd level and have the limited SMGs also have to deal with rambo lmgs/smgs who run around with impunity.

3) Not only that but when you shoot the Ei point blank in the face/or in the back while they aren't looking and they turn and shoot you, your ONE or TWO smgs are now gone.......

and now, so too goes the CP the AB and the the town. 

So yes, this is why people are leaving and not logging in at all, or for long periods of time.  

Absolutely no way I can recommend the game to others.

Edited by xohorvath
3 people like this

Im not playing the game atm, so maybe my view is unvalid,, but I still read forums. 

Cannot stop wondering why all this experiments with the supply with the 1.36 knocking on the doors... I dont see the momentum tbh.

And I dont think this was a PB demand, or was it? Not a prioririty one for sure...

4 people like this

1 hour ago, aismov said:

Whose reply? Your squad or CRS?

A couple guys from CRS. I understand why they responded the way they did. It has to be frustrating running a game where people complain.

THe thing to remember is that garrisons will have armor in them as well. 

What is frustrating on this end, playerbase asked for this type of supply and introduction, now after 2 maps they see that the grass is not greener. We are making slight adjustments and once garrison supply comes the town will have armor in it while the 2 divisions will be similar to current toes

Dont worry about it bacon, I mentioned that a few of our squaddies were unsubbing and I was told by a nice Rat that other people  were resubbing.  

So all is well.

Edited by hondo

2 hours ago, xohorvath said:

Correct. Spawned into two ABs,not CPs, ABs, one smg. Depots have typically not had any, maybe one. $17 to play with 1 smg, MAYBE.

What we fail to understand, as said in another thread, is that the amount of SMGs have been so restricted that

1) PAYING makes no sense. If I'm going to be reduced to a rifle anyway, why am I paying? If I'm using rifles I might as well just unsub and play for free with the rifle

2) The significantly limited amount of SMGs versus hip shooting, laser guided LMGs who may or may not warp while being rambos simply kill that ONE or TWO smgs available. 

So we want to limit the SMGs to a absurd level and have the limited SMGs also have to deal with rambo lmgs/smgs who run around with impunity.

3) Not only that but when you shoot the Ei point blank in the face/or in the back while they aren't looking and they turn and shoot you, your ONE or TWO smgs are now gone.......

and now, so too goes the CP the AB and the the town. 

So yes, this is why people are leaving and not logging in at all, or for long periods of time.  

Absolutely no way I can recommend the game to others.

See the above ^^^^^^^^^^

The lack of SMGS and the need to spawn rifles would be a lot easier to accept if the lag issues were not so bad.  I find it hard now to hit a moving target.  I aim and the target seems to jump 6 feet left or right, i re-adjust and the target jumps again.  I have even had ei jumping off a roof lined up, only to see them move left or right 6 feet in mid air.  They also seem to accurate to warp speed at times, until i take my aim off them.   Fix these bugs and i think a lot of people will gladly use bolt rifles.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, BLKHWK8 said:

What is frustrating on this end, playerbase asked for this type of supply and introduction, now after 2 maps they see that the grass is not greener. We are making slight adjustments and once garrison supply comes the town will have armor in it while the 2 divisions will be similar to current toes

Did they? When? Who? I dont ever recall reading anywhere on these forums a call to limit automatic weapons. I recall countless threads asking for semi auto rifles though, and those have been added. Stg44, fj42, lots of automatic or faster firing rifles adddd over the years yet you claim players wanted to reduce smgs?

It feels like some miscommunication and or someone's 'realism' agenda is being pursued and geberally feels out of touch wirh recent new weapons and player sentiment.

*edit* fwiw, many threads about the lmgs ability have been posted, i still dont recall a reduction being part of this though. As in numbers, its all about hipfire capability and rambo use.

3 people like this

Right.  I think these were my exact words:

"Dear Rats, as a paying member, please severely limit the number of automatics available to paying members. Limit the smgs significantly please, so that defenders of towns get rolled by lmgs/smgs with their 2 or 3 smgs per depot-if we are lucky. We enjoy getting rolled with our significantly limited smgs. In fact, it would be so much more fun if we had LESS ability to defend adequately and less ability to kill the opposing lmgs/smgs. "

#neversaid 

Edited by xohorvath
3 people like this

1 hour ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Huh? 

This stuff hit me on the blind side, I never saw anyone asking for this stuff LOL

4 people like this