• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
thebacon

People unsubbing....

91 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

THe thing to remember is that garrisons will have armor in them as well. 

What is frustrating on this end, playerbase asked for this type of supply and introduction, now after 2 maps they see that the grass is not greener. We are making slight adjustments and once garrison supply comes the town will have armor in it while the 2 divisions will be similar to current toes

This is why you have to have discernment, not reaction to player requests.

The scissors guys want more paper to kill but damn all that rock is too hard can you do something about it, rock guys want their scissor-killing but damn that paper is unfair, and paper guys like the increased paper supply and are smothering the rocks, but what's with all this scissor cutting?

You're selling scissors-rock-paper, NO one is going to be happy unless their equipment is supreme, which is what you must NOT do.

Less of what people want.  More of what the game needs.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Bmbm said:

God forbid that you would ever have to surmount a challenge with a bit of superior tactics, coördination and cooperation ;) 

New team.  Same attitude.  All these statements about the new team this and new team that are just lip service.

3 minutes ago, minky said:

New team.  Same attitude.  All these statements about the new team this and new team that are just lip service.

Call BS on that. Night and day difference. I left because of the old-team (mis)management and communication. The amount of communication here compared to other studios is a different world.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, minky said:

Well, the product was designed with this being 'players surmount challenges and create orgs and relationships on their own' sandbox.

So, don't act surprised.

Rats also get shaped by interacting with us and the practical aspects of satisfying scissor rock paper communities, they get surly if for no other reason then literally anything they do to make somebody happy will almost inevitably mean someone else will be complaining.

Doc ended up being the face of Rats 1.0 mostly because the rest of them broke under the incessant waves of hate.

3 minutes ago, minky said:

perhaps the new team had grand ideas that weren't in touch with player sentiment - or rather - needed to be calibrated. that won't happen over night.

if you're suggesting this new team hasn't accomplished more for the game in a little over a year than the old team did in over a decade ... well ... perhaps you need some re-calibration. not suggesting you're entirely wrong in your feelings but if you don't see generally positive on the horizon then you're choosing to magnify the real or perceived negatives.

ffs man - the ju88 is on the horizon. first truly brand new vehicle model in forever. this means the panther and other net new models actually have really high probabilities for finally being in game.

1.36 = complete overhaul to 'how' we play. no, CP capture is still at the core, i get it, but 1.36 isn't a trivial endeavor. we have movement forward, don't lose sight of that.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

Axis Tanks have and keep having to Flank,.... 

That would be commonly known as a... Tactic! 

Actually, bizarrely frequently used in both allied and axis armour and I fantry divisions. 

Go figure! 

54 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

The scissors guys want more paper to kill but damn all that rock is too hard can you do something about it, rock guys want their scissor-killing but damn that paper is unfair, and paper guys like the increased paper supply and are smothering the rocks, but what's with all this scissor cutting?

You're selling scissors-rock-paper, NO one is going to be happy unless their equipment is supreme, which is what you must NOT do.

Could not agree more. Majority of the folk complaining about toys are the ones who have one track minds and are incapable of overcome the smallest of odds or able to adapt to an enemy unless they have the exactly the same toy. Seems hitting the forums is easier. 

Guys I have been shouting from the ROOFTOPS just make the game 1944 and provide all the weapons for that period. That means automatic rifles, tigers, crus, mattys, sherm 76  and most importantly the AMERICANS in the game  ALL OF IT!!!! Most folks dont care about historical accuracy give them the toys and I will promise you the new players will stay and there will be MORE folks online playing the game which is what we all want. I have been playing this game for years and I myself am bored with playing the French all the time. I want to see 1944 MAP from start to finish!!!

JU88 is otw?

Baby sherm gets HEAT? Best I know it couldn'f fire the 75mm howitzer's round. You mean they putting in 105mm sherm?

Duhhh... what? Huh?

Yes the Ju88 is very much WIP. Baby Sherm HEAT, wut, first I’ve heard about it.

8 minutes ago, dusty1108 said:

Guys I have been shouting from the ROOFTOPS just make the game 1944 and provide all the weapons for that period. That means automatic rifles, tigers, crus, mattys, sherm 76  and most importantly the AMERICANS in the game  ALL OF IT!!!! Most folks dont care about historical accuracy give them the toys and I will promise you the new players will stay and there will be MORE folks online playing the game which is what we all want. I have been playing this game for years and I myself am bored with playing the French all the time. I want to see 1944 MAP from start to finish!!!

I originally thought the same, but after some surveys (online and offline) it appeared that there is a good balance between those that prefer early war equipment and those that prefer late war equipment. It is obvious that the later players are currently required to wait for long lasting campaigns so I hope future changes will bring new opportunities to balance or alternate TOE.

1 minute ago, ZEBBEEE said:

I originally thought the same, but after some surveys (online and offline) it appeared that there is a good balance between those that prefer early war equipment and those that prefer late war equipment. It is obvious that the later players are currently required to wait for long lasting campaigns so I hope future changes will bring new opportunities to balance or alternate TOE.

Yes i like the early period with the French. Many others do too.  This is about the only game that seems to include the early part of the war and British and French components.  Most other games are American-centric.  But there should also be a 1943-44 type campaign too.

The key is mini-campaigns in between the grand campaigns. Not an extended intermission. But 7 days of some scenario with whatever tier weapons we choose for the scenario.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

and fun is never in the mix, only a afterthought after realism, historical accuracy, then pushing gameplay philosophy

1 hour ago, Bmbm said:

Yes the Ju88 is very much WIP. Baby Sherm HEAT, wut, first I’ve heard about it.

This is not good, I play allied and that thing has a large capacity and a dive bombsite. But good on ya anyhow. 

There is a few comments in this thread that are uncalled for and need to stop.  Any further attacking comments will get this thread closed and warnings issued !!! 

12 minutes ago, blggles said:

This is not good, I play allied and that thing has a large capacity and a dive bombsite. But good on ya anyhow. 

Its actually the same bombsite as the He-111 and its dive capabilities are limited to about 45 degrees.

Actually, from what I have seen, the dive bombsite is different - they have a level and a dive. And the 45 degree limit was due to plane stresses as determined from experience. Technically it could dive more steeply, and in ww2ol the stresses don't matter. 

28 minutes ago, blggles said:

From what i understand, they ran 2 series of them in a heavy dive bomber role, and while it would do it, doing so tore the airframes apart
so they ditched that idea for what BmBm mentioned.
Not much point in modeling a limited series with something that the later introduction of airframe stress modeling
will wind up tearing apart when you try using it.
They do have a heavy MAX bomb load, but they can not take off unassisted with max load (rocket carriage)
and everyone wants to take off, so i would imagine they will carry the average standard load.
ju88a132dw_1.jpg

Seems like it would be kind of fun to fly or crew.

2 minutes ago, blggles said:

and in ww2ol the stresses don't matter. 

but they will

I haven't seen people ask for this changes in the forums at least in the free section.

But I think this wide range of supply changes with few to no input from the playerbase is dangerous and they should be done in one campaign, then reverted back but this should be said before hand.

Still the real underlining issue is that people already pay a hefty price to play this game and the game does not guarantee that they will be able to use the equipment they paid for, the game works in a first to first to serve basis. There needs to be a smarter way to allow more paying players to have a chance at using a particular unit, than being forced to spawn the tiger the first moment you start to defend a town or other premium unit.

9 minutes ago, blggles said:

Actually, from what I have seen, the dive bombsite is different - they have a level and a dive. And the 45 degree limit was due to plane stresses as determined from experience. Technically it could dive more steeply, and in ww2ol the stresses don't matter. 

45 degree angle is the max the ju88 could take without coming apart. encouraging more because the early versions could handle a few missions before being written off likely isn't a great idea. we already have the stuka, 110, 109, and 190 that can all dive bomb just fine. 

4 x SC250 is a good enough bomb load for the ju88. could do 1 x sc500 and 3 x sc250 as well.  

4 hours ago, delems said:

Ya still got 14 matties in every infantry flag.........  I suppose it will be fair if axis INF flags get 14 Tigers starting tier 2.......

We all imagine the 6yearzzz drama lol

3 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Well, the product was designed with this being 'players surmount challenges and create orgs and relationships on their own' sandbox.

So, don't act surprised.

Rats also get shaped by interacting with us and the practical aspects of satisfying scissor rock paper communities, they get surly if for no other reason then literally anything they do to make somebody happy will almost inevitably mean someone else will be complaining.

Doc ended up being the face of Rats 1.0 mostly because the rest of them broke under the incessant waves of hate.

Responding with get gooder only serves to anger people. 

21 minutes ago, dusty1108 said:

We get that about every 1 in 3 campaigns often going long to finish the campaign, weeks of S76 and Tiger is not a new thing.

2 hours ago, major0noob said:

and fun is never in the mix, only a afterthought after realism, historical accuracy, then pushing gameplay philosophy

I think my answer is implicit in my post- scissors guy idea of fun is not paper's idea, etc.

What I see over and over again is that people want their rockplay or whatever and don't seem to be willing to accede or at least live with different play intruding upon their idea of fun.