thebacon

People unsubbing....

91 posts in this topic

I would like to know who asked for the spawn lists the way they are now cause I sure as hell didn't and neither did anyone I play with.....

8 minutes ago, minky said:

Responding with get gooder only serves to anger people. 

So what do you want, an even chance for everyone that includes your play but includes others that might disrupt your play?  Or guaranteed your kind of play?

And I wasn't arguing get gooder anyway, interesting you went that direction.  I was saying it's a harsh combined arms realm that wasn't intended to be easy for anyone, even if some equipment choices combined with game design ends up favoring one side or another, culturally or actual capability, and the real challenge is organizing to overcome.  It's a very human game, always has been, and therein lies it's glory and it's Achilles heel.

2 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

it's a harsh combined arms realm that wasn't intended to be easy for anyone, even if some equipment choices combined with game design ends up favoring one side or another, culturally or actual capability, and the real challenge is organizing to overcome. 

+1

I logged in last night, axis was underpop, so went axis.
Potthead was organizing for an OP on Mouzon. (There was an RDP mission also before but it was uneventful)

Though hey that sounds like fun.
But i did not go running to look for my favorite unit, i asked Potthead, what do you need?
They were bringing 88's, lots of them (and lots of matties burned too)
They had HT's and lots of people for AA support.
What he needed was infantry that were willing to hang back with the 88's and defend them from EI and watch the flank areas.
And the infantry he really needed were riflemen, because riflemen can build up lots of defenses to absorb frags and incoming HE etc
and insulate the 88's

So i grabbed a rifle, along with a good number of others.
And we set a very long line of defenses, several progressions deep, which laugh if you want, thwarted the large part of rebel357's bombing attempt.
I know it was him because he got me as i was building stuff, but thats ok, he met a foul end a bit later.

I came back, again as a bolt rifleman, cause that is what we needed.
We needed to be able to build without wasting engineers
We need to be able to run out to the flank checkpoints and back to the guns as quick as possible
And we needed to be able to shoot any incoming EI and such from farther than you could as SMG so they could not get close enough to hurt the guns.

And it was fun.
I wasn't in a shiny tank or running amok with an MP40 or MG34, just a plain old rifle.
We took out several enemy LMG's trying to set up by volleying rifle fire into his bush, dont know who hit him, dont care cause he never got to try attacking the guns.
Helped a guy on flank 1 take out an ATG that had somehow gotten there, we split up and went wide to either side, move and shoot to prevent the atg from having
any safe amount of time to sit and fire or any safe direction, atg wound up getting taken out from a good 700m or so.

I bagged an engineer and a bedford that were trying to take out a decoy FMS (was actually a gun bunker shoved in the bushes)
I was happy with the shot, was a good 600m away, yay i got some kills

Was also lots of scouting and marking for the 88's and stuff.

I survived that for over 2 hours and then actually hoofed it back towards the FB to get rescued after the brigade had to be pulled back
Just a bolt action rifle, and lots of fun, and teamwork, the few kills were just a bonus

It was more fun than if you'd have given me a nuke firing mammoth tank and let me shoot everything i saw from 6km away
Fun doesn't require the biggest most baddass game unit, or shouldn't

1 hour ago, malvoc said:

I would like to know who asked for the spawn lists the way they are now cause I sure as hell didn't and neither did anyone I play with.....

So you were ok with a spawn list imbalance of 40% in favor of one nation at the expense of the others? if you are on the side which the bias favored.. I imagine you wouldn't want it changed. We either correct bad data or we don't...

4 minutes ago, scotsman said:

So you were ok with a spawn list imbalance of 40% in favor of one nation at the expense of the others? if you are on the side which the bias favored.. I imagine you wouldn't want it changed. We either correct bad data or we don't...

Yes, the lists needed to be changed to balance out that discrepancy (which as I've said before, AHC knew about for years).  

But the SMG gaffe was just that:  a gaffe.  And it's still lingering in T0 where we only have 40ish SMGs per flag.  I personally believe that number should START at around 60 in T0 and maybe reach 75 by T2, maybe 90 by T3.  

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

So what do you want, an even chance for everyone that includes your play but includes others that might disrupt your play?  Or guaranteed your kind of play?

And I wasn't arguing get gooder anyway, interesting you went that direction.  I was saying it's a harsh combined arms realm that wasn't intended to be easy for anyone, even if some equipment choices combined with game design ends up favoring one side or another, culturally or actual capability, and the real challenge is organizing to overcome.  It's a very human game, always has been, and therein lies it's glory and it's Achilles heel.

That was an explanation of my original comment to what BMBM said.  It was the same old get gooder comment that had been made here a thousand times when people take issue.  

42 minutes ago, scotsman said:

i would like to know how 14 matties vs 232's and 3B's is balanced...

the 88? it requires 2 people, and it's easy to kill

why did you guys ignore stats in the new balancing calculations

the bias in the old TOE could've been solved by reducing the pannies, top and bottom quality stuff, then rebalancing the middle quality stuff.

like:

4-S35,  2-B1,  4-4D,  3-Stug,  2-matties

6-H39,  3-3F,  3-38T,  12-A13

3-H35,  2-pan,  4-2C,  2-232,  5-vick

7-S35,  3-B1,  7-4D,  5-stug,  3-matties

15-H39,  13-3F,  3-38T,  18-A13

5-H35,  3-pan,  4-2C,  3-232,  7-vick

lower supply all round, but even after the top quality stuff is gone there's still a fighting chance with mid quality stuff

14-matties, 7-232, 5-stug. is insane

7 hours ago, aismov said:

Call BS on that. Night and day difference. I left because of the old-team (mis)management and communication. The amount of communication here compared to other studios is a different world.

You got a point they have done great things , but that comment was a slap in the face  cause I have heard it before from the old team .

5 hours ago, Bmbm said:

Yes the Ju88 is very much WIP. Baby Sherm HEAT, wut, first I’ve heard about it.

Really , funny you even posted in that thread.

But its 1st time you heard or read about it.

38 minutes ago, major0noob said:

i would like to know how 14 matties vs 232's and 3B's is balanced...

the 88? it requires 2 people, and it's easy to kill

I suggest that you should have participated in Pottheads OP last night, or at least watched the stream
And you would have seen how 14 matties faired to properly run 88's

The Matties didn't even make it out the door to the fight.

I also truly suggest you actually log in and maybe take a look at the spawn list prior to posting

Random brigade check, not counting HQ

INFANTRY
Vspkp1J.png

ARMORED
eiaV8ep.png

21 minutes ago, dre21 said:

But its 1st time you heard or read about it.

He passed on the other questions, like he said he would.
And Scotsman, whose ballpark the M66 HEAT would be in, responded, in same thread.

You are pulling his words out of context, as he responded to a person posting as if HEAT was some done deal and going in
or being changed to a 105.
Not cool.

If allied had these much matties in 1940, they would have won the war in 1941....

4 minutes ago, matamor said:

If allied had these much matties in 1940, they would have won the war in 1941....

If anyone had as much equipment in 1940 as exists in the game, 1940 would have been a quagmire of equipment piled up along the banks of the muse river
and neither side would be able to see each other, most of it being french.

1 minute ago, Merlin51 said:

If anyone had as much equipment in 1940 as exists in the game, 1940 would have been a quagmire of equipment piled up along the banks of the muse river
and neither side would be able to see each other, most of it being french.

You missed my point. This is tier0 : 14 A13 would be fine but 14 matties? This is just insane.

Hopefully with 1.36 we will not see that anymore.

1 minute ago, matamor said:

You missed my point. This is tier0

I realize that.
But in T0, really the only person with enough gear in theater to bury anyone is france, who had more than anybody
(and did a terrible job of organizing and utilizing it)

Of the 14 Matildas keep in mind part of those are CS units, they cant do much VS armor except back away
Though i might not suggest charging one with 232. or 251.

Also, i seem to remember you last night laughing and singing a stats song while the matties burned?

We are always making supply adjustments. Some players will like the changes and some will not.  

Hopefully with upcoming changes that are still planned most will like what we having coming.    

For now this thread has had a enough input and is closed