aismov

1.36 Livestream assessment

12 posts in this topic

https://www.wwiionline.com/community-notes/reports/16600-hybrid-supply-update-and-campaign-160-begins

Overall I think it was a very good video and nice preview of the new hybrid system. I give it two thumbs up! S!

1) I was at first a bit worried about frontline +1 town back, thinking that we may run low of resupply options. But after seeing the map that concern has been completely eliminated. I would say it is closer to "1.5 towns" back since you have adjacent and criss-crossing towns that can be used as well. The idea of not allowing mobiles spawns to overstock a town is very good, that would have been beyond gamey with 2nd account types respawning dozens of times over.

2) I like the dot system... makes it clear how many garrisons are in a town and the approximate "strength" of it. Having supply at every airfield is a big plus and with paras being there are well you won't have to be frustrated to hunt down the right brigade in order to make a mission.

3) Spawning into the game I think is good at first. The "right click > spawn" system is really necessary to simplify the game. I know UI changes are coming but we need to minimize the number of clicks to join a mission AND the crazy number of redundant missions that we have. If you think of the Uber app, I can open the app and in literally 2 clicks I have a car appear at my front door. As far as the Divisions/Brigades go, I would personally keep the 3 Division for the reasons that were mentioned (to have Brit/US/French division), but I would just eliminate the brigades and just have the HQ Unit (without the HQ name). New players get confused by the brigades, figuring out which KG, etc etc. Again, just something to simplify the spawning/UI experience.

1 person likes this

Glad it was helpful and hopefully shed some light on the progress being made. It's coming together well and is nearing readiness for closed beta. 

Just got a chance to watch,Looks awesome! I definitely think this is moving forward and especially like the map expansion, Thumbs up CRS,keep up the great work !

Allies switching country supply looks very gamey.  You said they can't do it if it's linked to an AO but what if that AO is dropped?  Allies can just swap country ownership and have full supply and then re-AO the town? 

Can you make a new mission in the town without having to leave it like you do with brigades currently? Because that is beyond frustrating.

480p for the videos? Come on man it's 2019.

27 minutes ago, krusty said:

480p for the videos? Come on man it's 2019.

click gear at bottom right you youtube video window
you can turn it up to 1080p

On a freshly uploaded video, youtube takes time, possibly several hours, to transcode the high def version, so initially you might only see a 360p or 480p
but i just checked all the existing ones and could pick 1080p, are you not seeing that?

12 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

click gear at bottom right you youtube video window
you can turn it up to 1080p

On a freshly uploaded video, youtube takes time, possibly several hours, to transcode the high def version, so initially you might only see a 360p or 480p
but i just checked all the existing ones and could pick 1080p, are you not seeing that?

This appears to be the only recent video I can't get HD even with the settings menu.  Most, if not all the others I checked default to HD.

Odd.
newest vid i see up is this one, and i can pick 1080p60

LOL that is my FMS at arlon in the vid

Edited by Merlin51

3 hours ago, krusty said:

Allies switching country supply looks very gamey.  You said they can't do it if it's linked to an AO but what if that AO is dropped?  Allies can just swap country ownership and have full supply and then re-AO the town? 

When switching country garrison, there is a delay before supply starts to arrive and they would leave the town vulnerable. So it may not be wise to change country garrison of a town on the front lines unless there was brigade protection. Its not insta-supply if that's what you are concerned about.

57 minutes ago, SCKING said:

When switching country garrison, there is a delay before supply starts to arrive and they would leave the town vulnerable. So it may not be wise to change country garrison of a town on the front lines unless there was brigade protection. Its not insta-supply if that's what you are concerned about.

Imagine this scenario:  Brit brigade attacks German brigade for a few hours but supply runs low so they stop AO and switch town to French.  Meanwhile the German brigade is still depleted and won't be resupplied by lost units for over 12 hours.  Seems to me like a town should only be able to switch countries within the first 10 minutes of capture or X amount of hours after a DO or AO has been turned off which linked said town.  X being whatever the default resupply timer is.   Will there also be a system in place so there is always a minimum or percentage of towns from a country?

4 hours ago, krusty said:

Imagine this scenario:  Brit brigade attacks German brigade for a few hours but supply runs low so they stop AO and switch town to French.  Meanwhile the German brigade is still depleted and won't be resupplied by lost units for over 12 hours.  Seems to me like a town should only be able to switch countries within the first 10 minutes of capture or X amount of hours after a DO or AO has been turned off which linked said town.  X being whatever the default resupply timer is.   Will there also be a system in place so there is always a minimum or percentage of towns from a country?

We've done our best to consider how this can be gamed and not walk into this blindly. Have a little faith :)

When the Allied forces change ownership of their town, there will be a penalty, and that is a total delay of supply trickling in. It should only be done if absolutely necessary.

We originally discussed adding in a system in place to manage supply percentages by country type, but we don't think it'll be making the first iteration. Remember our original design of the game had a significant barrier between supply (North vs South). So we want to be careful and evaluate how things go upon initial implementation.

It should be very safe to assume that the Allied player base will encourage their HC officers to provide different country supplies throughout the game world not just for the sake of diversity, but for their effectiveness. 

1.36 being implemented as soon as possible and as clean as possible is the key goal here. We anticipate some minor corrections needed throughout BETA and even when it reaches the Campaign server (which for the first week or two will still be considered an OPEN BETA).

So when the campaign starts .... what will the general distribution of Brit vs. French flags be? Generally N vs. S divide? Or does HC place before it kicks off so Allies do not get the trickle penalty right out of the gate.

49 minutes ago, choad said:

So when the campaign starts .... what will the general distribution of Brit vs. French flags be? Generally N vs. S divide? Or does HC place before it kicks off so Allies do not get the trickle penalty right out of the gate.

Everything north of Namur starts British.  From Namur to the South starts as French. 

Xoom did say they can change town ownership before campaign start, but it's not something they are considering at this time.