dfire

Invisible EMS - VIDEO PROOF

16 posts in this topic

This was just minutes ago at Revin. These are just the last few inf that spawned. I killed 14 total that mission.

We couldn't figure out where they were coming from since there was no ems near. We soon figured out it was invisible. Arenholt was on the other side of the bush and saw them spawning in out of thin air.

Please fix this.

Edited by dfire
2 people like this

I have seen it in the past and have been unable to replicate it... If you happen to know how to replicate it, please let us know, then we know where to point the Devs so they can fix it. 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Would it be invisible at all LODs?

from the one I was able to catch that was invisible, it was invisible in every LOD that I could tell.. 

So presumably it wasn't in the interaction list for the enemy units that couldn't see it. Is there any way to force a recalc of your interaction list, if you think you're not seeing something at a close LOD?

If reporting such a situation, is your interaction list reported, along with data from the server on what units are close enough to be on that list or compete for places on it?

Edited by jwilly

if you ever see it happen, please . report it so a GM or a Rat can go take a look at it

I had this happen to me once, my internet connection was crap and I was Warpiong and lost chat, was able to set the fru but was unable to interact with environment. 

Wonder if the side that set it , had a visual reference or if it was invisible for them too.

Buzzards are invisible to players, so there's a parameter that determines visibility or not. An error in that parameter...?

Code determines what units near you go on your interaction list, and what other units don't. That's necessary of course in case a given locale is too populated for you to interact with everyone potentially relevant to you...friendlies and enemies. Maytbe a glitch in that code?

KFS1 did a lot of work with multiple game instances on the server. That was done with the interaction list code. He mentioned in that period that it's possible for player 1 to be on player 2's interaction list, but player 2 to not be on player 1's interaction list, because the prioritization code evaluates each player's enemy-threats and friend-proximities independently. Maybe a judgement error in that functionality?

17 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Wonder if the side that set it , had a visual reference or if it was invisible for them too.

We were on an FB bust earlier, the fru was invisible to the inf, but the truck driver could see it.

could be a glitch in transmitting the PPO model existence to the player.
I think the person placing it would see it because it also occurred for him client side.

1 hour ago, enemytank said:

new angle for fms sux!!
sure new angle caused this..

lol

8 hours ago, ian77 said:

We were on an FB bust earlier, the fru was invisible to the inf, but the truck driver could see it.

Invisible but the collider was there and he could bump into it/cause damage to it, or invisible in the not-interactable sense?