• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
XOOM

Veterans unsubscribing and starting Free Accounts

187 posts in this topic

1. Constructive, respectful feedback is encouraged.
  2. By unsubscribing your account, you are 100% not helping us resolve problems. 
  3. Free account posting on the forums are a privilege. There is no obligation to maintain that when violating the TOS.
  4. All veteran accounts should already have a free play subscription, this extra step isn't necessary.
  5. The only tried and proven way to keep WWII Online operational for years to come, is to be a paid subscriber.
    1. We are 100% financially dependent on our community members maintaining an active subscription.
  6. CRS recognizes its role to solve game problems and ensure WWII Online's success. This takes time, patience, constructive feedback and a team oriented environment.
  7. We don't intend to infuriate or ignore what you say, it's simply not always possible to deliver on. 
  8. Our team remains committed to doing what ever we can within our resources to improve the game and solve the concerns that matter to you and our subscriber base.
  9. We intend to maintain higher than ever transparency levels and communication.

If we can maintain this understanding we can ensure quality communications and effective results are driven and delivered on. 

I would ask you to please reconsider your support and recognize just how valuable each and every subscription is here in 2019. Solutions are not driven by criticism alone, they require talent and time and we have operational costs necessary to continue World War II Online operations.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this sinks in a bit.

8 people like this

I hear ya, Xoom, but you've played this game long enough to see what will work and what won't. That SMG debacle was completely preventable. One side having nearly 2x the amount of SMGs was an incredibly bad idea, everyone who has played this game knew it, it baffled me as to why you guys didn't see it. 

Historical tier release dates is another. I know you wanted to change things up, but messing up balance in the tiers as a result is horrible. I really believe you guys were listening to a VERY vocal minority who wanted this. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease but starts a fire. 

Sometimes these changes has us scratching out heads.

8 people like this

And some of us also like the changes Mosizlak. I also understand that some will have concerns with it but going historical or at least more realistic is part of what makes WW2OL, not just in spawnlists but all areas of the wargame. Also, I’m not against finding workable solutions for the game itself. There has to be a way forward. 

That point aside, I’m with XOOM here. Vets threatening and unsubbing in protest does nothing useful. If you are going to leave that is your choice but have some tact on the forums. 

Edited by raptor34
5 people like this

18 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

And some of us also like the changes Mosizlak. I also understand that some will have concerns with it but going historical or at least more realistic is part of what makes WW2OL, not just in spawnlists but all areas of the wargame. Also, I’m not against finding workable solutions for the game itself. There has to be a way forward. 

That point aside, I’m with XOOM here. Vets threatening and unsubbing in protest does nothing useful. If you are going to leave that is your choice but have some tact on the forums. 

It does something useful, it tells the devs that their changes are bad. So far everything I see in the forums and ingame says the changes are bad. 

3 people like this

In the business world, mistakes have consequences.  This game shouldn’t be immune from that.  And if it folds, that’s on the company, not the player base.

The new history tier is for me the best update since years.

8 people like this

I absolutely hate the Matilda zerk in tier0 as an Axis tanker. 

I [censored] more  during that time then any other , seeing them parked in front of AB gates and kill everything that spawns is frustrating as hell . 

But I don't unsubscribe just because of that. 

And Allies take full advantage of that, hell CRS even accommodated the Allie playebase there and let's Brit and French Brigades mix in towns . And not have it separated  anymore with the South just being French snd the North being Brits.

But now the Axis have/had (cause after all the SMG numbers were corrected fairly quickly ) an advantage in the SMG field and once again one side unsubbed or threatened with unsubbing . 

Next target is the LMG of the Axis , I die more from long range kills from Allied SMG then I ever have killed hip firing or running with an Axis LMG if I want to be accurate I need to go prone and deploy and shoot. Even short range I don't stop the shots go all over and more then I want to count I loose a dual vs Rifle and other units.

And that's just my experience with the LMG , but the way you guys make it sound it's a super duper heat seeking 100% Killing machine if just pointed into the direction of an EI.

Edited by dre21
6 people like this

1 hour ago, sajuk said:

The new history tier is for me the best update since years.

That’s how I feel about it. 

1 person likes this

I like the new supplies and I can't wait for 1.36 which I subbed back for a year few weeks ago mostly for.

7 people like this

I like challenges. It's why I play a game, certainly this game. I like variety as well. So changing things up  offers something new aside from the unique nature of every map played. Different tier changes, and different TOE's, sure, give it a go, see what happens. 

Constructive criticism is good. Whining is bad, though we are all prone to it. People can make their determinations on when one turns into the other, however,

If people don't like the game, fine. They can go somewhere else. Why hang out here? Posting in the forums when a person has no/little skin in the game. ??? 

CRS doesn't have a million dollar backer. If they did.... it was long ago and is not reality now, so temper your expectations.

I ask this honestly. What's the point? (of the 'I told you so mentality' or 'You really need to do this or I will unsubscribe' etc...)

Unless you are putting some cash down to play... (and no, it doesn't matter that you gave cash before, or subbed for 10 years before, or I gave up my first born for this game, yada, yada etc...) well....you are really "not in the game" in terms of contributing.

(Though yes.....F2P is helpful and players welcome)

Anyway, If you aren't supporting the game. You aren't paying for the game. Well? .... What's the point of all the "threats". (i.e. I will sub when I get what I think is best for the game etc...)

Put your cash down. It's simple. (yes, and again I can hear the voices, 'I played X years and subbed this and that and blah, blah, blah...etc...). Sorry,  it gets tiring, seeing this in the forums. 

Support it or not; all good. But at least for me, a paying player (and funder with more than a few thousand in through various campaigns, 'call me a 'mark' if you like, lol),  I am tired of the wanking and whining. 

You are part of the solution or part of the problem. 

PS> Boredom is a self inflicted situation. There is always something to do in this game. Just as in life. 

That's just how I see it at the moment.

S! 

10 people like this

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Next target is the LMG of the Axis , I die more from long range kills from Allied SMG then I ever have killed hip firing or running with an Axis LMG if I want to be accurate I need to go prone and deploy and shoot. Even short range I don't stop the shots go all over and more then I want to count I loose a dual vs Rifle and other units.

And that's just my experience with the LMG , but the way you guys make it sound it's a super duper heat seeking 100% Killing machine if just pointed into the direction of an EI.

I will say this again. Any changes to the LMG class will affect the Allied LMG's exactly the same as the Axis. We will not pose any changes that favors one side over the other. The intent is to make the LMG class more oriented towards its historical support role. I will in the not so distant future unveil precisely what that means. It will be conservative and I think well received by both sides. But please note, I, or CRS for that matter, will not go out of our way to target one side or its weapon.

9 people like this

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

And Allies take full advantage of that, hell CRS even accommodated the Allied playebase there and let's Brit and French Brigades mix in towns . And not have it separated  anymore with the South just being French snd the North being Brits.

This statement shows how little you understood the gravity of that situation.  

3 people like this

Have to agree with the sentiment. If you have a constructive opinion by all say it. If you don't like the game then by all means leave.

But don't start a free account and lecture everyone else day-in, day-out on how this or that should be done differently, or else you aren't coming back. That is about the most selfish stunt you can pull.

15 people like this

6 hours ago, major0noob said:

i unsubbed from boredom, make the game fun then people will re-sub

Yet here you are. I suppose being in the forums telling us how to do things is entirely more entertaining than actually being part of the solution. 

15 people like this

4 hours ago, Elfin said:

I like challenges. It's why I play a game, certainly this game. I like variety as well. So changing things up  offers something new aside from the unique nature of every map played. Different tier changes, and different TOE's, sure, give it a go, see what happens. 

Constructive criticism is good. Whining is bad, though we are all prone to it. People can make their determinations on when one turns into the other, however,

If people don't like the game, fine. They can go somewhere else. Why hang out here? Posting in the forums when a person has no/little skin in the game. ??? 

CRS doesn't have a million dollar backer. If they did.... it was long ago and is not reality now, so temper your expectations.

I ask this honestly. What's the point? (of the 'I told you so mentality' or 'You really need to do this or I will unsubscribe' etc...)

Unless you are putting some cash down to play... (and no, it doesn't matter that you gave cash before, or subbed for 10 years before, or I gave up my first born for this game, yada, yada etc...) well....you are really "not in the game" in terms of contributing.

(Though yes.....F2P is helpful and players welcome)

Anyway, If you aren't supporting the game. You aren't paying for the game. Well? .... What's the point of all the "threats". (i.e. I will sub when I get what I think is best for the game etc...)

Put your cash down. It's simple. (yes, and again I can hear the voices, 'I played X years and subbed this and that and blah, blah, blah...etc...). Sorry,  it gets tiring, seeing this in the forums. 

Support it or not; all good. But at least for me, a paying player (and funder with more than a few thousand in through various campaigns, 'call me a 'mark' if you like, lol),  I am tired of the wanking and whining. 

You are part of the solution or part of the problem. 

PS> Boredom is a self inflicted situation. There is always something to do in this game. Just as in life. 

That's just how I see it at the moment.

S! 

Would you rather have people still engaged and wanting the problems fixed or just leave and never look back?  If people are still coming here it means they still at least have enough interest To monitor the situation . You still have a chance at pulling them back in. Eventually they will move on and you’ve missed the chance to recapture that business. You should be thankful they are interested to still show up. 

In the last several posts what I see is if you’re not putting cash down all the time you don’t matter (so much for DLC), it’s selfish if you make your opinions known as F2P, and telling CRS what the problems are isn’t part of the solution. 

So be it. It’s certainly much easier to leave a bad review on Steam and then just be completely apathetic. 

3 hours ago, Capco said:

This statement shows how little you understood the gravity of that situation.  

Really , maybe just maybe then don't spawn them in droves when a spawn CP is capped and rather play INF, for every player that sits in a Tank is one less that can recap. 

But I don't understand , you keep telling yourself that.

You ever wonder why Axis most of the time push the map west in tier 0 and tier 1 . It's because our Armor sucks and die most of the time after the 1st hit no matter where they get hit. So most go INF and stay INF till a higher tier might roll around .  

Taking the heavy Tanks away from the Allies might do wonders cause one would actually have to change their game play.   Right now it's the same rinse and repeat and one hopes for a different result but wonders why it ain't happening. 

5 people like this

I am really liking the changes being made,The game has been moving forward for some time now and continues to move forward.

3 people like this

I feel I can understand both points of view and I wish we hadn't reach this point.

- On one hand present CRS team. Do not forget that they are former players and volunteers that dud step ahead when the game was dying. They are placing their best on the game probably with a terrible personal cost so I guess it must be really frustrating to see non constructive criticism here in the forums.

On the other hand we have frustrated players and do not forget that usually this frustration is there because deep inside they care about the game. I've been there in the past too. 

if everyone here loves this game please let's be constructive and supportive. That's the only way that this game will someday become what we all whish it would be.

Those players not willing or unable to maintain a subscription they are not forced to.

I fully believe that their experience and opinion is more than welcome as long as it doesn't become destructive.

So please:

Try to keep rage posting, biasing and non constructive complaining away from general forum and in game chat BOTH.

Guess this is what Xoom is asking for.

PS. In my squad 250H, whenever there is a game change, there is always internal debate. Some would agree while others of course would disagree but we have a rule to keep that debate and "rage" for ourselves.

We will even also adapt to the lmg changes when (not if) they come even if it would affect the core of our present "hit and run" style of gaming.

We adapt, we go on, we have FUN.

See you in game!

Edited by piska250
8 people like this

This thread worries me a bit.

I have been playing for years; Atari, Commodore, 368 and so on…..

«Tennis», killing aliens of all sorts, Tigers in the snow, USAAF, one SSI game after the other…..

Then came internett and I found Warbirds with Doc and a wild bunch in the Wilderness Cafe or whatever it was called. Then Aces High, IL2 and finally WWIIOL in 2003.

And WWIIOL it has been ever since. At last a game with a wish/will to recreate RL physics and inventories. That is my main reason for staying. I have been reading about WWII since stumbling across a Pierre Closterman book back in the 60`s, so I like the idea of trying to approach parts of the reality via a game like this. Np, I could field a long demanding to do list of things wanted and things fixed. Items and corrections may come or it may not, but right now I see a lot of things coming which I look forward to.

SMG topic, LMG topic, Matilda topic and so on, I still find enough to play with and things to accomplish that by far outweight these so called «problems».

Then we we have the «persons» you play with; Vadr in a A20 and the EFMS`s go down, Rebel 357 with a 40mm Hurri and you know there will be some sorry Axis tankers among us. At the same time you know that Hastien is sitting out there in silence, patiently waiting with his 88. The list could go on.

I do play both sides, mostly going for the underpop or losing side. Love to be in a winning scenario but on the other hand can take a loss as well. This after all is a game.

I do observe some heavy whining in the channels and the forums (I am not on Discord in order to avoid the noise).Nothing new there.

But I must admit the unsub threat chorus makes me uneasy. I would quite simply hate to loose this hobby of mine (and others). Especially in the light of the efforts put down by some «heavy» and enthusiastic names that have floated across my screen for years. Salute to them.

Guess I will just hunker down with my two accounts and hope for the best. Threats won`t make much in the way of progression as I see it, neither in game or RL for that matter.

7 people like this

11 hours ago, dre21 said:

I absolutely hate the Matilda zerk in tier0 as an Axis tanker. 

I [censored] more  during that time then any other , seeing them parked in front of AB gates and kill everything that spawns is frustrating as hell . 

But I don't unsubscribe just because of that. 

And Allies take full advantage of that, hell CRS even accommodated the Allie playebase there and let's Brit and French Brigades mix in towns . And not have it separated  anymore with the South just being French snd the North being Brits.

But now the Axis have/had (cause after all the SMG numbers were corrected fairly quickly ) an advantage in the SMG field and once again one side unsubbed or threatened with unsubbing . 

Most allied players would be willing to give up the Matilda zerk if the axis gave up the mg-34 zerk .

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, dre21 said:

Really , maybe just maybe then don't spawn them in droves when a spawn CP is capped and rather play INF, for every player that sits in a Tank is one less that can recap.

Every time you post in the forums you go on a jag about this. Get some new material man, seriously. During the times that i play i see nothing that matches your description. Might happen at times, but certainly it is not the norm so far as i have seen. You sir, are full of sh!!t. I understand it is probably tough on the 'ol ego and stats to square off against the matty for those 5 to 7 days in tier 0. But don't let those frustrations turn into a smear on an entire side and how they play the game.

Edited by choad
2 people like this

5 hours ago, dre21 said:

You ever wonder why Axis most of the time push the map west in tier 0 and tier 1 . It's because our Armor sucks and die most of the time after the 1st hit no matter where they get hit. So most go INF and stay INF till a higher tier might roll around .  

Putting your visceral reactions aside, pay no attention to the fact that for nearly 50% of the day the Axis forces have a 20-50% population advantage! Naaaawwww, that is totally meaningless! 

** Sorry .... back to the topic of veterans unsubbing and f2p accounts.

Edited by choad
2 people like this

Overall i do not mind experimenting with equipment levels and intro dates. I think some mistakes were made. Some were corrected ... some still exist. I think that if a commitment was made to try the historical approach, then stick with it a bit longer to see if you can dial things in so that the right balance is found. Probably an impossible task to satisfy all, but .... Keep at it though. Maintaining a sub is key as stated.

Edited by choad

5 hours ago, dre21 said:

Think you have a point there.

2 people like this