• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
XOOM

Veterans unsubscribing and starting Free Accounts

187 posts in this topic

I think we've lost most of what was supposed to be "constructive" criticism here, sadly.  

I'm far more happy with all the changes lately than not.

Sure, may need some tweaks, but loving all the new gear, terrain, and TOE changes in general.

Kinda scared for 1.36 - going to be a huge change.

Just a bit miffed how they 'fixed' the LMGs, only good weapon axis has compared to allies, yet allies still have the best gear everywhere else; tanks, armored cars, ATGs, fighters, bombers....  How come none of that fixed?

More than happy with my sub atm overall.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, delems said:

only good weapon axis has compared to allies, yet allies still have the best gear everywhere else

best plane - F4

best Auto - FG42(just thinking about it makes me hot)

best lmg - well

etc etc

stop repeating the same useless drivel Delems...

2 people like this

15 hours ago, B2K said:

Stuff is always going to be adjusted 

I see them leave.

I don't see them come back.

3 people like this

Let me ask you this. If you went out to eat at your favorite restaurant, one you went to for years. Every time you go it seems to be getting worse and worse. You notice the regular guests (squadmates) aren’t eating there anymore. Would you keep supporting it? Most likely no.

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I’m a day 1 player. Before I had a family I kept my sub up but didn’t play for months and sometimes years. Because I knew it helped support this game. Now I unsub and use that money for my family. I opened a free account to log in and check on updates. When I feel like this game is worthy of my sub, I will re-sub. Yes, I recently unsubbed again a couple weeks ago. 

Seeing more and more squadmates unsub is making it tough for me to resub though. This LMG nerf was the final straw for most. I really hope this game succeeds though.

Edited by thebacon
2 people like this

I have left the game but not because of boredom or anything like that.

In my case it has been a special situation in my personal life that prevents me from playing.

I would like to give my opinion about a serious problem for quite some time:

For me one of the biggest problems, are certain FTP users that are making the community toxic and transmit their frustration and negativity to many new and veteran users, because the game is not the game that THEY want and they spread that negativity to the community. CRS would do very well to end the constant harassment that certain FTP users generate in the forum EVERY day, practically hijacking all the threads in the sub-forum General Discussion. These users are generating a climate of terrible negativism in the forum and in the community. Always demanding, treating as inept those who do not think like them and without contributing anything constructive. I would be very happy if CRS will make a decision about these FTP users that do not contribute anything.  

Do not confuse things, I am critical of the game, I did not like the changes in the latest maps and many other things. But I'm not in the forum constantly repeating the same thing over and over again. Nor do I flood the side channel of complaints and acussations.

Greetings and I wish you the best. For these FTP users, think about what you want, I will not answer you.

S!

7 people like this

4 hours ago, bus0 said:

best Auto - FG42(just thinking about it makes me hot)

There is no doubt there.  I just wish I got to see it more.  It is the single best weapon in the game in terms of a battlefield difference maker

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, madrebel said:

Here i thought it had to do with the significant numbers advantage ...

Youre hilarious dre. Constantly whining about perceived allied advantage and completely unwilling to see the forrest through all the damn trees. If only german armor were as thick as your skull ...

Where was I whining about Allied advantage? 

I said maybe you guys should get out of your tanks and play more INF and recap stuff . But nope they rather sit in them then come into the Forum cry about LMG Uber this and this Uber that CRS fix it or we will unsub.

While Axis don't sit in their Armor till later tier cause we don't see it a lot of fun getting blown up after the 1st or 2nd hit .

We might as well play INF same result as sitting in Axis Armor 1 or 2 hits one is dead.

You guys are to blind and rather fight between each other and when one comes here and actually gives you an observation  ( I have played Allied just so you know)  then you attack him too.

I could care less if the Allied side wins another Map to be all honest . I don't care who wins in general that's not why I play this game. 

But when am Axis player comes over and gets handed officer in charge of an attack while there are a [censored]load of Allied players on that are on the same Attack objective you ask yourself questions. 

You want to know why I got handed OIC cause I used communication via chat and the Allied HC must have liked it before he logged he asked if I would be willing and I did . That was campaign158 for your INFO.

So attack me all you want along with the other 2. Maybe one day you guys will get it that INF caps towns and not Tanks or Planes. 

Yes there are more Axis players online at certain times other times it's the other way around and even there CRS came up with a fix of shorter cap timers for the underpop side. But if one decides not to play the right Avatar , it's not the other side fault if you guys keep loosing towns. No matter how you dice and slice it

I'm a new sub convert from AH3 after 10-12 years and find the forum and complaints here appear to remarkably mirror the AH3 community.

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Where was I whining about Allied advantage?

at least every other post from you is a whining about something.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, redcatcher said:

I'm a new sub convert from AH3 after 10-12 years and find the forum and complaints here appear to remarkably mirror the AH3 community.

welcome

For me it actually was because game got boring. I like 5-7 AOs with organised tank columns. Didnt have that for years (last really good period was 2009-10 with KGW evenings) then steam kinda went meh. Should have done 1.36 before steam as was planned (but unfortunately not doable with resources available).

Ill probably resub once 1.36 is in, but it has taken so incredibly long. As others say people grow up, get kids etc. Still I hope the freedom that 1.36 provides (still got aos that limit freedom) might spark a more permanent population increase. But its already 10-15 years later :P

Much cheaper prices and more toys back into game for everyone from the beginning = more players

Every other measure taken is not going to make any difference at all. 

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

Yes there are more Axis players online at certain times other times it's the other way around and even there CRS came up with a fix of shorter cap timers for the underpop side. But if one decides not to play the right Avatar , it's not the other side fault if you guys keep loosing towns. No matter how you dice and slice it

On average, there hasn't been a single 15 minute span where the Allies have had more players than the Axis this campaign.  Not a single one.  

The best the Allies have managed is a 1 hour window of even pop during TZ2.  Every other hour of the day is on average a case of Axis overpop.  

I do hope you understand how averages work before you respond.  

PS - Your argument about Allies who only sit in tanks coming here to complain about the Axis LMG literally makes no sense.  If all they do is sit in tanks, they'd never have to worry about rambo LMGs lol.  

2 people like this

i was in guise yesterday, and allies lost it cause nobody showed up to defend till it was down to the last AB.

the allied AO had a single FMS 1km out. a singe axis stopped 6 of us cause of the walking distance, eventually a tank cut the 1km route.

28 minutes ago, Capco said:

I do hope you understand how averages work before you respond.   

he's unwilling to understand the simplest of things.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Capco said:

On average, there hasn't been a single 15 minute span where the Allies have had more players than the Axis this campaign.  Not a single one.  

The best the Allies have managed is a 1 hour window of even pop during TZ2.  Every other hour of the day is on average a case of Axis overpop.  

Does your constant use of "on average" mean that there are indeed times that the allies are the OP side? I have seen the log in page display allies as overpop, especially when logging in during TZ3.

But yes, allies seem to be Under Pop much more than axis, even though I dont see nearly as many axis playing as there were even a couple of maps ago. MAP 157 seemed to be perma allied OP, but it cannot just be Whips because there are not usually that many in game at the same time, and about half of them stayed axis for that map.

S! Ian

3 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Does your constant use of "on average" mean that there are indeed times that the allies are the OP side?

Yes indeed.  But being overpop for 5 minutes at a time, a few times a day doesn't mean "The Allies have more than enough players to win on their own and the massive population imbalance is not a problem."  

17 minutes ago, Capco said:

Yes indeed.  But being overpop for 5 minutes at a time, a few times a day doesn't mean "The Allies have more than enough players to win on their own and the massive population imbalance is not a problem."  

Yes, I completely agree with you. Numbers win maps.

S! ian

Well it used to be that you could not get Allies out of their beloved planes. You can't cap from the cockpit they would say.... true indeed. Now the simple minded knuckle draggers have evolved slightly, consummating a new love affair with their tanks.

I look at it as a positive development in that these prehistoric beasts are merely a campaign or two away from sprouting legs and mastering tasks such as standing upright and walking one foot in front of the other .... marching .... to recap a CP.

Don't give up on us just yet, we will get there one day.

*** best Auto - FG42

Lol, maybe...... not sure personally.

But, day 16.... we have 14 FG-42 kills, and 3,700 matty kills.... ya, FG-42 means a lot........

48 minutes ago, madrebel said:

he's unwilling to understand the simplest of things.

LOL       sure i am . We can have a match of 20 vs 20     and 15 of you guys will sit in Armor while 20 on the other side play INF and you guys still would wonder why you lost the town.  Sorry let me fix that      10 will be in Tanks  5 in the Air and the rest play INF .  There i think that sums it up.   I hope you are willing to understand those facts too.

There be a day again where I'll come over again . You can play along with me as a Team mate or not it be up to you . I bet your response will be please don't .

But as far as I'm concerned you do whatever you want .      Numbers sure mean things,  but how these numbers are being applied also means alot .

3 minutes ago, dre21 said:

LOL       sure i am . We can have a match of 20 vs 20     and 15 of you guys will sit in Armor while 20 on the other side play INF and you guys still would wonder why you lost the town.  Sorry let me fix that      10 will be in Tanks  5 in the Air and the rest play INF .  There i think that sums it up.   I hope you are willing to understand those facts too.

There be a day again where I'll come over again . You can play along with me as a Team mate or not it be up to you . I bet your response will be please don't .

But as far as I'm concerned you do whatever you want .      Numbers sure mean things,  but how these numbers are being applied also means alot .

Fwiw, I do agree with you that there is a cultural trend for the Allies to be more vehicle oriented and the Axis to be more infantry oriented.  I rarely tank or fly these days since joining HC because boots on the ground is the central ingredient to any successful attack, and I like winning.  

Where I draw the line is attributing all or most of the current Allied woes to this slight overall difference.  As madrebel said, it's a textbook case of tree not forest.  

I think pop imbalance is a much more serious problem nowdays when the overall number of active players is critically low and keep getting even lower. The game is not designed to be played under those conditions.

But blaming one side or the other (or their weapons) is a bad move.

What we all should wait for is a message from CRS saying "Getting old and new players into the game while keep business running is now prio 1 and everything else has been put on hold". 

If not, the game should be played on a small portion of the map so every important role on the battlefield could be filled.