• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
XOOM

Veterans unsubscribing and starting Free Accounts

187 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Capco said:

Fwiw, I do agree with you that there is a cultural trend for the Allies to be more vehicle oriented and the Axis to be more infantry oriented.  I rarely tank or fly these days since joining HC because boots on the ground is the central ingredient to any successful attack, and I like winning.  

Where I draw the line is attributing all or most of the current Allied woes to this slight overall difference.  As madrebel said, it's a textbook case of tree not forest.  

That's all I have been saying , I by all means don't try to belittle you guys , it might come off that way at times being text and not spoken word. I'm well aware without you guys we don't have a game . And I might at times use to wide of a brush to paint a delicate picture that I think we all can agree all this goes deeper then we can solve on a forum . And with that I would like to apologize.  Cause when I play Allied again for a Campaign I rather be on speaking terms with you guys , then being on the ignore list.

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

@dre21 feeling is mutual. I don't speak for anyone besides myself ... but i promise you are welcome anytime, i am quite certain if that!

1 person likes this

On 2/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, XOOM said:
  1. All veteran accounts should already have a free play subscription, this extra step isn't necessary.

@XOOM

All fair points, but this is not accurate (presumably a bug?).

When I try to log in after my premium subscription expired, I get a message saying something to the effect that my subscription is expired and my account can no longer log into the game world.

EDIT: Just checked. I get a message in red text saying "Your subscription is not currently active." and it won't let me proceed.

icrSo2b.png

Edited by xanthus

2 hours ago, major0noob said:

i was in guise yesterday, and allies lost it cause nobody showed up to defend till it was down to the last AB.

I was the first one there and called for help two or three came ........it was  at least 10 min until people were like oh....by then we were down to the AB.  Held it off for a good while but eventually we lost it.  Everyone was fixated on St Quentin.  All it takes is one person there to see and reprot what happened.  Maybe in the future when a town is being swiped from under you an HC officer should pop in and assess the situation.  All we got in the beginning was " how is Guise"......I dont have to tell you what the answer was...lol

46 minutes ago, Capco said:

Fwiw, I do agree with you that there is a cultural trend for the Allies to be more vehicle oriented and the Axis to be more infantry oriented.  I rarely tank or fly these days since joining HC because boots on the ground is the central ingredient to any successful attack, and I like winning.  

Where I draw the line is attributing all or most of the current Allied woes to this slight overall difference.  As madrebel said, it's a textbook case of tree not forest.  

That "cultural trend" is nothing more than learned behavior over time.  People will gravitate towards what has been successful in the past whether they consciously think about it or not.

18 minutes ago, xanthus said:

@XOOM

All fair points, but this is not accurate (presumably a bug?).

When I try to log in after my premium subscription expired, I get a message saying something to the effect that my subscription is expired and my account can no longer log into the game world.

EDIT: Just checked. I get a message in red text saying "Your subscription is not currently active." and it won't let me proceed.

icrSo2b.png

Hmm well it should've been done, I know thousands of users received access to it. We're more than happy to add that access accordingly if someone fits into that category.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

LOL       sure i am . We can have a match of 20 vs 20     and 15 of you guys will sit in Armor while 20 on the other side play INF and you guys still would wonder why you lost the town.  Sorry let me fix that      10 will be in Tanks  5 in the Air and the rest play INF .  There i think that sums it up.   I hope you are willing to understand those facts too.

There be a day again where I'll come over again . You can play along with me as a Team mate or not it be up to you . I bet your response will be please don't .

But as far as I'm concerned you do whatever you want .      Numbers sure mean things,  but how these numbers are being applied also means alot .

YOu left out the part where 3 out of the five inf the allies do have are hiding in bushes or buildings sniping. As an allied player, i have to admit, on this the guy has a point. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

YOu left out the part where 3 out of the five inf the allies do have are hiding in bushes or buildings sniping. As an allied player, i have to admit, on this the guy has a point. 

Yes, allied comms are horrible and allied inf play is horrible, we all know that. Nevertheless, the fact remains that there is an overwhelming and consistent numbers imbalance, and I'm not aware of any plans to address it.

2 people like this

Just now, xanthus said:

Yes, allied comms are horrible and allied inf play is horrible, we all know that. Nevertheless, the fact remains that there is an overwhelming and consistent numbers imbalance, and I'm not aware of any plans to address it.

I wouldn't say allied inf play is horrible, there's just not enough of us in battles.

26 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Getting off track here fellas.

FWIW, one of the reasons I unsubbed was due to the *massive* numbers imbalance I was seeing last campaign. Started the campaign as Axis, and playing this game was about as fun as beating up a kid with cancer (which is to say, not at all). I switched to Allied and saw just how bad it was; the worst imbalance I've seen since 2001 (not an exaggeration, not hyperbole). I posted a thread asking if CRS had any plans to address the numbers imbalance; I'm still not aware of any such plans.

Look, obviously the LMG fix is awesome, and 10+ years in the making.

Yet it's becoming increasingly clear that this game's community is intensely toxic. As all old-timers know (XOOM included), even with the most heated, vitriolic debates of the OT golden age, the breakfast club map sweeps, 31st WC, etc etc etc.......the community was NOT this toxic. We all still loved each other (sorta).

Now, whenever CRS makes the slightest attempt to improve the game (changing spawnlists, fixing cartoonish LMGs), the community lashes out like spoiled toddlers, puking up half-eaten cheerios all over the forums. I'm sick of it. Makes it *not fun* to be a part of this in any way.

Logging into Axis now with my alt/free account, I've seen pretty much non-stop whining about the upcoming LMG fix on the Axis side channel and during attacks on objective channel.... The amount of pathetic whining makes me sick. Truly. Worse than I've seen in all the years that I've been here.

And of course that means that *any* attempt to address numbers imbalance, even the *slightest* move by CRS, will be met by a tsunami of hate and doomsday-paranoia.

Spawn delay was the best (only?) effective intervention that *somewhat* evening things out. Yet in a world where every single successful PvP game, including games that claim "realism" like Post Scriptum, has post-death spawn delays of as much as 60 seconds (!!!!), even 30 seconds was too much for the toxic playerbase.

I'm sorry but this is all too much. The playerbase has become a parody of itself.

I appreciate that the best way to support the game is by maintaining an active subscription. But I don't want to fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy, where I justify current and future investment by the past ~20 years' worth of previous investment.

I'll stay active in the game and community, maybe I'll resub, I don't know (honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk), but it's clear to me that this game's development is being held hostage by what might be the single most toxic playerbase of any MMO, and it makes me think that future investment won't get me closer to the game I've daydreamed of since 2001........ Just sayin'.

Edited by xanthus
4 people like this

Well, instead of bailing... what do you recommend we do? I won't argue that there's no doubt some toxicity and it's eroding things (we really need to get that checked). We don't want to be too heavy handed of course, but we also can't have some folks stomping all over the place. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't in most cases.

It can't all be on CRS's plate to ask for civility, that's just something that we do. And fwiw, this community is still far superior than any I can think of out there. We have some great people here and I am glad to have had the experience of being one of you all. It helps me understand and guide me.

But surely we can do better, and I think that's what you're advocating for.

4 people like this

Totally fair, XOOM. To be honest, I think you've been one of the best things that ever happened to this game; it just seems to me that the playerbase is eating itself (and the game) alive........

Aw shucks, I'll resub. For better or worse, I'm with ya.

S! 

Edited by xanthus
3 people like this

Just now, xanthus said:

This means more than you can understand right now. I really appreciate your willingness to stay with us.

To anyone who is feeling the same, please speak up. Come talk to me. I will make a point to communicate and hear you, and express my gratitude for your continued support.

WWII Online's continuation is dependent on all of us. We cannot give up. If you do that, we'll lose :(.

#staythecourse

3 people like this

45 minutes ago, xanthus said:

Totally fair, XOOM. To be honest, I think you've been one of the best things that ever happened to this game; it just seems to me that the playerbase is eating itself (and the game) alive........

S! 

Completely agree 100% on the toxicity.

Its almost like a game of one upmanship with players on each side finding ever more clever ways to get back at the other side purely out of a sense of revenge. It's annoying to listen to and gives the wrong impression particularly to new players.

6 people like this

2 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Axis have plenty of non sniper snipers too!

S! Ian

11 minutes ago, aismov said:

Completely agree 100% on the toxicity.

Its almost like a game of one upmanship with players on each side finding ever more clever ways to get back at the other side purely out of a sense of revenge. It's annoying to listen to and gives the wrong impression particularly to new players.

Got to agree.

I suggested in another thread that we don't have side chat as a default for new players to shelter them from some of the bile.

Not enough players have tried playing both sides, too many think the other side is easy mode without really ever trying it out.

CRS are not biased, neither side is designed to be easy mode, but axis OP may make it seem that way.

Much of the toxicity comes from senior vets and some HC (both sides) who should know better, and set an example.

We need to call BS in chat when we see it.

S! ian

1 person likes this

On 2019-02-18 at 5:30 PM, major0noob said:

they do make progress, but they're not flawless.

Hey! Great to see! Good statement with out the whine ;)

:) 

S!

3 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Got to agree.

I suggested in another thread that we don't have side chat as a default for new players to shelter them from some of the bile.

Not enough players have tried playing both sides, too many think the other side is easy mode without really ever trying it out.

CRS are not biased, neither side is designed to be easy mode, but axis OP may make it seem that way.

Much of the toxicity comes from senior vets and some HC (both sides) who should know better, and set an example.

S! ian

It’s closing in on that time to offload the bs for sure. My team and I are doing everything we can to stay patient and realize the passion involved here. But the levels some guys are going is beyond reasonable.

The side chat thing... definitely looking at removing that as a default channel.

3 people like this

Do it, honestly it doesn't even make sense for the german side. If you had a distinct Italian entity then 'side' makes sense but neither here nor there.

wish we had some sort of logic that muted people based on the number of .mute 'name' there were for a given account. if all you do is cry - put baby in the corner.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Got to agree.

S! ian

I agree with you as well as with Xoom.

Side chat as a default needs to go, at least until the vocal minority can keep their emotions in check and not go on a never ending monologue of conspiracy and paranoia.

I played with a friend account yesterday.
17+  dead allied tanks with stug in 3 missions
but I still do not think about going back..

Tier 0 and 1 unplayable for axis tankers...

S!

Edited by karecafree

2 minutes ago, karecafree said:

I played with a friend account yesterday.
17+  dead allied tanks with stug in 3 missions
but I still do not think about going back..

Tier 0 and 1 unplayable for axis tankers...

S!

Hi Kareca.  

Did you see the recent changes to the Axis infantry brigades?

They added 4Ds and 38ts.  Is this good enough for you to resub?  

If not, where is the problem in your eyes?  Are the numbers themselves not enough?  I tried my best to get some CRS folks to adjust the spawnlists to make the gameplay more fun for you.  

With you being an Axis tanker who I want to see tanking again, your input means a great deal to me and others.  

S!

16 minutes ago, Capco said:

Hi Kareca.  

Did you see the recent changes to the Axis infantry brigades?

They added 4Ds and 38ts.  Is this good enough for you to resub?  

If not, where is the problem in your eyes?  Are the numbers themselves not enough?  I tried my best to get some CRS folks to adjust the spawnlists to make the gameplay more fun for you.  

With you being an Axis tanker who I want to see tanking again, your input means a great deal to me and others.  

S!

It helps but it isnt enough. I dont want more total pnz, just spread them out a little more. The PzIIs never get used up in the Arm flag T0 or T1, heck half the Pnz supply never gets used in those flags, they are not in the DOs and they have too much total numbers for the AO where there is an Arm flag. Just spread out the panzers a bit. We dont want brit inf to have almost zero smgs and we dont want pnz drivers to have no toys either in most flags.

S! Ian

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

Well, instead of bailing... what do you recommend we do? I won't argue that there's no doubt some toxicity and it's eroding things (we really need to get that checked). We don't want to be too heavy handed of course, but we also can't have some folks stomping all over the place. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't in most cases.

It can't all be on CRS's plate to ask for civility, that's just something that we do. And fwiw, this community is still far superior than any I can think of out there. We have some great people here and I am glad to have had the experience of being one of you all. It helps me understand and guide me.

But surely we can do better, and I think that's what you're advocating for.

Can i make another thread like the 3min FMS one to illustrate my point.

Just a simple record of the AO development, to make the faults clear.

Mods won't let me.