XOOM

LMG Solution Planned

347 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Nick said:

It saddens me just how many people see the other side as not only the enemy in game but their enemy in life, I wish more people would realise that we are one big community of WWIIOL fans.

If you've never tried the other side for at least a campaign, please do, not only will you see that the grass isn't greener over there but the players are human too!

Unfortunately Human nature.

When they made the movie Enemy At the Gates , the actors on the Russian side would not talk nor socialize with the guys that had the Wehrmacht uniforms on , they actually despised each other on set and all they did was make a movie.

Last time I was over on the Allied side I made a few friends ( I at least think so ) .

And it was fun playing along players that I usually see on my kill or killed by list.

I do admit sometimes one looses sight of the bigger picture which is we all play a game and without each other there would be no game to play like this.

I think the reason why we are so passionate about it is , any other game you get put on a server and hardly fight the same guy twice , here we run into the same guys on a daily basis and depending on the day he gets the better of you or vice versa , and sometime that kinda generates resentment, which it shouldn't cause it's a game .

But that stupid human nature , competitive spirit kicks in and with that what I said above.

3 people like this

I haven't even looked at this thread until now. 

Honestly, I've played more sorties as Axis even though I haven't played them in 10 years (except for the occasional sorties in intermission/breaks) the LMG was a problem then. It's literally a lazer beam with no recoil. Any modern games played today require an immense amount of time for MG reloading and firing from the hip is arguably less efficient. This isn't a partisan issue and shouldn't be, i've been Axis HC and Allied, played both and seen both sides. Running around and blasting with the LMG is gamey and should've been gone a long time ago. Since all LMG's are getting this "Nerf" it's not one sided lopsided, and if you think it is then you're admitting the ability of Axis LMG's to rambo clear depo's with ease. 

Edited by lutenint
5 people like this

4 minutes ago, lutenint said:

I haven't even looked at this thread until now. 

Honestly, I've played more sorties as Axis even though I haven't played them in 10 years (except for the occasional sorties in intermission/breaks) the LMG was a problem then. It's literally a lazer beam with no recoil. Any modern games played today require an immense amount of time for MG reloading and firing from the hip is arguably less efficient. This isn't a partisan issue and shouldn't be, i've been Axis HC and Allied, played both and seen both sides. Running around and blasting with the LMG is gamey and should've been gone a long time ago. Since all LMG's are getting this "Nerf" it's not one sided lopsided, and if you think it is then you're admitting the ability of Axis LMG's to rambo clear depo's with ease. 

I'm a die-hard Axis player and feel 100% the same.

S! 

7 people like this

54 minutes ago, lutenint said:

Any modern games played today require an immense amount of time for MG reloading and firing from the hip is arguably less efficient. 

S! lutenint. In those modern games, is there a side playing with super tanks and planes as well, or things are totally balanced?. Just curiosity.

Edited by abe250

1 minute ago, abe250 said:

S! lutenint. In those modern games, is there a side playing with super tanks and planes as well, or things are totally balanced?. Just curiosity.

he asks as the map moves west ...

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, abe250 said:

Let's stay on point and not make this about the Tiger and 109. 

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, abe250 said:

S!

I would say different tactics involved. If you're inferring the Mattie i've mentioned in other posts it's relevant until the 3h and pak 38 (is that in tier0 now?) come in and then it's easily taken out. Once the Axis Tigers' come in, if you're playing allied you best be damned if you're going to go head first against one, you need to try to out maneuver (the new turret speed of the tiger is a debate in itself) and hit it from the side.

Also allied air is different tactics. The spit is a turn and fight fighter, that's why it has elliptical wings to help with wind drag. meanwhile the axis have designed boom and zoom fighters and therefore have some of the best speed in game. It's a give take and the LMG's should never be used except for support as designed. I can't tell you how many times all it takes is one Axis LMG to hold an AB or depo against what could be an entire squad. If deployed or stationary is one thing but to literally run around and just rambo should have a benny hill theme behind it because it's just comical. 

3 people like this

I tried many times to be able to fire an LMG or SMG at a full sprint like the Rambo LMGers- could not do it, can only fire at the standard half-trot we all do.  So perhaps someone can explain how the Rambos fire at a full sprint.

1 minute ago, blakeh said:

I tried many times to be able to fire an LMG or SMG at a full sprint like the Rambo LMGers- could not do it, can only fire at the standard half-trot we all do.  So perhaps someone can explain how the Rambos fire at a full sprint.

In theory the same problem could be there because you're right it's not when holding down shift, but it's at least a better solution until new animations can be made to slow down reloads/recoil problems. But if someone is running and tapping shift on and off they can fire and move with little to no recoil. That's where the argument comes in, because firing and moving with that heavy of equipment (regardless of side) shouldn't be a thing. It was understandable when the game came out in 2001 because games like quake and counter strike were cartoonish in nature like that and had zero recoil. 

1 person likes this

ok thanks lutenist-- i think i know how the full sprint firing is down- more an illusion than actually firing at a full run.

11 minutes ago, blakeh said:

ok thanks lutenist-- i think i know how the full sprint firing is down- more an illusion than actually firing at a full run.

yep. You can't run and shoot with accuracy at all. If i was ever running with the LMG and an EI ran out in front of me. I stopped and did burst fire. If you hold down the trigger it goes all over.

2 hours ago, choad said:

Let's stay on point and not make this about the Tiger and 109. 

LOL!! Nice. ;)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, thebacon said:

yep. You can't run and shoot with accuracy at all. If i was ever running with the LMG and an EI ran out in front of me. I stopped and did burst fire. If you hold down the trigger it goes all over.

I know your right !  there is no real running and gunning with the LMG its not at all accurate when you do try to run and gun. I always hit the A key slip sideways which you cant do in run mode. you might be running at the time ,but the minute u hit the A key you slow down to a walk ! the hole running and gunning thing is a myth ! made up by desperate players to gain more of an advantage ! which they will have soon ! axis wont have a gun to counter there run and gun laser like SMGS!

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, eagle said:

there is no real running and gunning with the LMG its not at all accurate when you do try to run and gun. I always hit the A key slip sideways which you cant do in run mode. you might be running at the time ,but the minute u hit the A key you slow down to a walk ! the hole running and gunning thing is a myth ! made up by desperate players to gain more of an advantage ! which they will have soon ! axis wont have a gun to counter there run and gun laser like SMGS!

This is complete BS and you know it. I posted about this over ten years ago as an AXIS player

Besides, when CRS implements a change that affects ALL LMGs for EVERYONE on both sides, why would anyone gain an "advantage" if the same change is being implemented to ALL LMGs? And if there was no running and gunning with the LMG in the first place, then why are you complaining about a change that will make it so that there is no running and gunning with the LMG?

Edited by xanthus
3 people like this

I doubt that any good NCO or company grade officer veteran would challenge volume of fire as an effective means in actual combat.  Quick Kill techniques found in 350-75 are trained skills.  The days of ww1 is over, suppress, attrite, destroy are methods of engagement.   Even step into a near or far ambush?  Look at the some combat snuff films or UAS kill TV that show  my concerns in Panama, Afghanistan and Iraq the last decade plus. 

2 hours ago, xanthus said:

This is complete BS and you know it. I posted about this over ten years ago as an AXIS player

Besides, when CRS implements a change that affects ALL LMGs for EVERYONE on both sides, why would anyone gain an "advantage" if the same change is being implemented to ALL LMGs? And if there was no running and gunning with the LMG in the first place, then why are you complaining about a change that will make it so that there is no running and gunning with the LMG?

When this subject came up (again), I got on the training server with an axis lmg and tried to run and fire. It couldn't be done, neither could reloading be done. Can someone make a video demonstrating running and firing with a lmg?

Time to put up or shut up.

Edited by gavalink

28 minutes ago, gavalink said:

When this subject came up (again), I got on the training server with an axis lmg and tried to run and fire. It couldn't be done, neither could reloading be done. Can someone make a video demonstrating running and firing with a lmg?

Sprinting with the LMG and firing indeed does not work.

However because our standard W key really acts like a jog (not a walk, which is W+T), I think that may be what they're referring to.

2 people like this

On 2/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, ian77 said:

This is worrying me, I keep finding myself agreeing with Merlin51, Aismov, and Jwilly........ I need to find a thread about too few panzers and too many Matties to get my mojo running properly once more!

This gave me a pretty good laugh LOL :D.

It is during these times we find out just how close we are as a community and how hanging on, being patient and not assuming the worst can get us through.

Let's not lose sight that we have a really excellent game and community, that is a family. And like all families, sometimes we disagree. It's getting through it and coming out stronger that makes us different.

5 people like this

12 hours ago, eagle said:

axis wont have a gun to counter there run and gun laser like SMGS!

I am trying to figure out which laser like smg you are referring to and i can only believe that you must be referring to the grease gun? If that is the case, fear not, the grease gun has been pushed back to make it's appearance in the final tier. Not complaining, i get the new historical tier stuff ... just pointing out that this weapons primary utility now is that of an intermission toy. Ok i am being a bit sarcastic .. but you get the point. No need to gnash your teeth any longer.

Edited by choad
1 person likes this

11 hours ago, XOOM said:

However because our standard W key really acts like a jog (not a walk, which is W+T), I think that may be what they're referring to.

Exactly. Nobody ever said the words "sprint while shooting LMG."

The issue is that you can move into a building interior and indiscriminately spray bullets everywhere while holding down the trigger on a weapon like the MG-34 while simultaneously jogging up and down stairs and all around the building, all while sustained fire is pouring out of you. That's something that would be appropriate for an ancient cartoony shooter like Unreal Tournament or Quake III Arena or Serious Sam, but it should NOT be acceptable for *this* game. If you don't see that, then all I can say is that you need to wipe the side-bias out of your eyes.

And choad is right (as usual): Aside from the grease gun, it's been demonstrated offline over and over and over that Allied SMGs have *more* not less dispersion than the MP-40 (have you ever even fired the MAS-38??). It's safe to say this is just as true for the Beretta M 38 as well (which might very well be the best SMG overall in the game).

The thing that bugs me the most is that my fellow Axis vets KNOW this all: They KNOW that jogging while full-auto firing the MG-34 is F-ing dumb cartoon BS. They KNOW that all but the Grease Gun are LESS accurate than the MP-40, nevermind the awesome Modello 38 (and you KNOW it's an awesome SMG). They know these things but they come on this forum and say the opposite. It's insane.

Edited by xanthus
1 person likes this

You slide into different inf speeds, you can shoot while coming down from sprint into jog before the gun animation even puts it up and forward. 

Combined with a proper 90' and timing you can insta turn and enter a room at a pretty good speed. The added inaccuracy is actually a bonus since you just need the inf somewhere in view then, roll of the dice and RPMs make the difference.

Its not a good play, its a desperate play, that works too often against bolters that miss their 1 chance.

I honestly don't even think Ill switch to the pistol with the french lmg for running around willy nilly, and kind of expect to find more EI LMGs in better positions since they won't be throwing it away in trades.

15 hours ago, eagle said:

I know your right !  there is no real running and gunning with the LMG its not at all accurate when you do try to run and gun. I always hit the A key slip sideways which you cant do in run mode. you might be running at the time ,but the minute u hit the A key you slow down to a walk ! the hole running and gunning thing is a myth ! made up by desperate players to gain more of an advantage ! which they will have soon ! axis wont have a gun to counter there run and gun laser like SMGS!

If it's completely ineffective, why are you upset about losing that ability?

2 people like this

15 hours ago, xanthus said:

Besides, when CRS implements a change that affects ALL LMGs for EVERYONE on both sides, why would anyone gain an "advantage" if the same change is being implemented to ALL LMGs?

Obviously affects the Axis more than the Allies, takes simple game knowledge to understand this, even rat understands this as he touts “something coming” for the axis ..

by the numbers, affects the allies more. 2 LMGs (soon to be 3 LMGs) changed vs 1. we just all knew who would cry the most about losing a gamey advantage, hence the baited hook.

Lol argue all you want. Like I said rat knows this affects axis negatively and positive for allies. But let’s hope this work brings the subs in S!