XOOM

LMG Solution Planned

347 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kazee said:

Hmmm, we didnt u just code in that the lmg can not capture an enemy CP ?

Because that is basically all that was accomplished here, no way an lmg will be able to cap a defended enemy CP...u stand still u die

Don't forget the lmg's have pistols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Psych0 said:

Don't forget the lmg's have pistols.

haha...ahh i take a knife and rush a CP over a pistol anyday ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kazee said:

haha...ahh i take a knife and rush a CP over a pistol anyday ;) 

Don't forget LMG's have Knifes too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kazee said:

Hmmm, we didnt u just code in that the lmg can not capture an enemy CP ?

Because that is basically all that was accomplished here, no way an lmg will be able to cap a defended enemy CP...u stand still u die

Better solution would have been to just not allow the lmg to cap an enemy CP and leave the freaking lmgs alone

They been in-game for what 15+ years or so ? And u screw with them now ? 

I oppose this because its a nerf disguised as a 'fix' for all lmgs... it's also kind of upsetting you think we are not smart enough to see it

Allies been complaining and wanting this for years, saying every campaign top lmg guys are axis while never admitting all top bombers are allied every freaking campaign. To show us as a lack of intelligence kind of pisses me off. And also telling us "ahh its a support weapon" blah blah...we can use it however we wish and you nerfed it, u know it and we all know it..allies too but they just won't admit it

And to dangle the Panther arrival is kind of condescending ..i will screw them here but give them this to try and make up for it

Nothing personal, just business 

is this a joke? Comparing axis LMG's to allied bombers? Grasping at straws here aren't you? Which has more in game relevance as to which side wins, the 5 allied bombers or the 5,000 axis Rambo LMG's? Tell you what, we will trade our Allied bombers for your LMG's straight up, then will you be happy? 

SMDH

Edited by nc0gnet0
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its fine, I am already thinking of other ways to take advantage of this, and we will figure it out. There are other options and ways to overcome this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nc0gnet0 said:

is this a joke? Comparing axis LMG's to allied bombers? Grasping at straws here aren't you? Which has more in game relevance as to which side wins, the 5 allied bombers or the 5,000 axis Rambo LMG's? Tell you what, we will trade our Allied bombers for your LMG's straight up, then will you be happy? 

SMDH

Well when u throw those numbers in there 5 vs 5000 not really sure that even warrants a reply. If u want to have a rational debate I am all ears

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nc0gnet0 said:

5,000 axis Rambo LMG's

All LMGs have been used that way, and all are being fixed. Equally.

This is not a side-biased change. It affects all nations, or will as soon as the M1919A6 .30 cal is introduced.

In any case, bullet weapons for entering a defended room eventually will be seen to be dumb in comparison to fragmentation/blast weapons.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jwilly said:

 

In any case, bullet weapons for entering a defended room eventually will be seen to be dumb in comparison to fragmentation/blast weapons.

exactly...then fix the nades make them twice as powerful and leave the lmgs alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick question: Why is the BAR not included in the list of weapons that can't be fired on the move?

Disclaimer: My main occupation in game is flying but as far as I understand the BAR is a support weapon as well.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jwilly said:

All LMGs have been used that way, and all are being fixed. Equally.

This is not a side-biased change. It affects all nations, or will as soon as the M1919A6 .30 cal is introduced.

In any case, bullet weapons for entering a defended room eventually will be seen to be dumb in comparison to fragmentation/blast weapons.

Keep drinking and pushing that Kool-Aid Jwilly.

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In real life World War II LMG's were deployed as crewed weapons.  They were usually used in a fixed position as a defensive weapon.  Anything in the game that gets us closer to realism would be the best.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rote7 said:

Just a quick question: Why is the BAR not included in the list of weapons that can't be fired on the move?

Disclaimer: My main occupation in game is flying but as far as I understand the BAR is a support weapon as well.

Noticed that did ya?

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rote7 said:

Just a quick question: Why is the BAR not included in the list of weapons that can't be fired on the move?

Disclaimer: My main occupation in game is flying but as far as I understand the BAR is a support weapon as well.

BAR is an automatic rifle. hints the name Browning Automatic Rifle

Just as the fg42 isnt on the list.

Edited by Psych0
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jj506 said:

In real life World War II LMG's were deployed as crewed weapons.  They were usually used in a fixed position as a defensive weapon.  Anything in the game that gets us closer to realism would be the best.

Another satisfied Allied player.

VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me be clear here; I am not replying because I use lmgs 99% of the time, i pretty much sux at inf and every other equipment too honestly

I am replying because I fear the backlash and revolt that might happen, and that's my main concern because I dont want that to take place. So my main concern is for the good of the game itself, not one type of weapon

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does a desire for realism make me an allied player?  I want the german panzers to be better than the british and French tanks.  I want the weapons to reflect the war, I don't care about who wins.  After all, we don't get to keep Belgium either way.

Edited by jj506
bad puncuation
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kazee said:

And to dangle the Panther arrival is kind of condescending ..

Didn't mean to come across that way - sorry. But no it's not this.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jj506 said:

Why does a desire for realism make me an allied player?  I want the german panzers to be better than the british and French tanks.  I want the weapons to reflect the war, I don't care about who wins.  After all, we don't get to keep Belgium either way.

No, CS&R says you are an Allied player.  If you were fifty-fifty Axis/Allied the point would be moot, but you are not.  You are almost exclusively an Allied player.

VR

Edited by csm308

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Psych0 said:

BAR is an automatic rifle. hints the name Browning Automatic Rifle

Just as the fg42 isnt on the list.

As I said, I am not an infantry weapon specialist hence I have to resort to wikipedia and from what I have read they were designed with different goals in mind:

BAR

The BAR was issued as the sole automatic fire support for a twelve-man squad,[46] and all men were trained at the basic level how to operate and fire the weapon in case the designated operators were killed or wounded. At the start of the war, infantry companies designated three-man BAR teams, a gunner, an assistant gunner, and an ammunition bearers who carried additional magazines for the gun. By 1944, some units were using one-man BAR teams, with the other riflemen in the squad detailed to carry additional magazines or bandoliers of .30 ammunition.

FG42

The FG 42 (German: Fallschirmjägergewehr 42, "paratrooper rifle 42") is a selective-fire automatic rifle[1][2] produced in [censored] Germany during World War II. The weapon was developed specifically for the use of the Fallschirmjägerairborne infantry in 1942 and was used in very limited numbers until the end of the war.

It combined the characteristics and firepower of a light machine gun in a lightweight form no larger than the standard-issue Kar 98k bolt-action rifle.

Edited by rote7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dfire said:

Why so angry? I think axis will adapt and overcome like always

I have been "adapting and overcoming" for eighteen years.  It becomes quite tiresome to have to keep on doing so especially with something like this that didn't have to happen and is completely capricious in nature.

VR

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dfire said:

Why so angry? I think axis will adapt and overcome like always

It's the initial shock factor for them, but really it's for everyone who plays the LMG class. I think throughout all of this I am gathering that the MG34 carries substantial weight, and rightfully so it was a great weapon. What is surprising is how the inability to run and shoot/reload is being received as causing the Germans to lose the war... however I don't subscribe to that thought process (personally). 

Once the changes go live the fear factor will drop, as the Allied Bren and FM24 isn't going to come into an Axis defensive situation spraying like mad, and the MG34 is still going to be a highly efficient killer in every way but its current run and gun nature.

Can you imagine trying to reload a nearly 27 pound machine gun with a belt fed drum magazine while jogging? Even the Bren and FM24 magazine reloading on the jog would be pretty hard to achieve. 

Anyhow I realize that doesn't make anyone who is concerned about this feel better, but it was part of the consideration.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rote7 said:

As I said, I am not an infantry weapon specialist hence I have to resort to wikipedia:

BAR

The BAR was issued as the sole automatic fire support for a twelve-man squad,[46] and all men were trained at the basic level how to operate and fire the weapon in case the designated operators were killed or wounded. At the start of the war, infantry companies designated three-man BAR teams, a gunner, an assistant gunner, and an ammunition bearers who carried additional magazines for the gun. By 1944, some units were using one-man BAR teams, with the other riflemen in the squad detailed to carry additional magazines or bandoliers of .30 ammunition.

FG42

The FG 42 (German: Fallschirmjägergewehr 42, "paratrooper rifle 42") is a selective-fire automatic rifle[1][2] produced in [censored] Germany during World War II. The weapon was developed specifically for the use of the Fallschirmjägerairborne infantry in 1942 and was used in very limited numbers until the end of the war.

It combined the characteristics and firepower of a light machine gun in a lightweight form no larger than the standard-issue Kar 98k bolt-action rifle.

Hmmmm, appears one is not like the other so maybe they shouldn't be lumped together.

VR

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XOOM said:

It's the initial shock factor for them, but really it's for everyone who plays the LMG class. I think throughout all of this I am gathering that the MG34 carries substantial weight, and rightfully so it was a great weapon. What is surprising is how the inability to run and shoot/reload is being received as causing the Germans to lose the war... however I don't subscribe to that thought process (personally). 

Once the changes go live the fear factor will drop, as the Allied Bren and FM24 isn't going to come into an Axis defensive situation spraying like mad, and the MG34 is still going to be a highly efficient killer in every way but its current run and gun nature.

Can you imagine trying to reload a nearly 27 pound machine gun with a belt fed drum magazine while jogging? Even the Bren and FM24 magazine reloading on the jog would be pretty hard to achieve. 

Anyhow I realize that doesn't make anyone who is concerned about this feel better, but it was part of the consideration.

Make light of it all you wish, you are expected to do so.  The Axis players will remember that you did this and they won't be as altruistic about it as you wish them to be.  To me this is just one more kick to the Axis groin that I am not willing to forgive and forget.

VR

Edited by csm308

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browning was not a very effective weapon.  It was too heavy to be an effective rifle and too slow to be an effective machine gun.  I think it should be fireable while moving (as was early US doctrine) but with a penalty for the awkwardness of the weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Didn't mean to come across that way - sorry. But no it's not this.

Ohhh, well that makes this change even worse then ;) jk... I know u are trying to please all and it isn't easy. Like I said above, my main concern if for the good of the game and fear the backlash because the mg34 is probably the one weapon i would not mess with.

Now if arrival of Panther was upon us, might be easier to deal with this 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.