XOOM

LMG Solution Planned

347 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Psych0 said:

I will be interesting to see if anything takes LMG's place  as a rambo substitute. 

There already is, and it is used constantly in that role with guys running and shooting all the time. Also a three letter abbreviation, ending in "MG" but requiring another thread before it can be named.

S! Ian

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What im saying is i can still see rambo happening with all the lmg's still.. might just take more skill. We will have to see it in action. I would rather see way more recoil undeployed just my 2 cents.

Edited by Psych0
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Psych0 said:

What im saying is i can still see rambo happening with all the lmg's still.. might just take more skill. We will have to see it in action. I would rather see way more recoil undeployed just my 2 cents.

Ah gotcha! Completely misunderstood you,

 

S! Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been waiting for this, and I am going to resub - this issue ruined the game for me, thanks for fixing it. I'm frustrated that a fix was ten years too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, a3ist said:

I have been waiting for this, and I am going to resub - this issue ruined the game for me, thanks for fixing it. I'm frustrated that a fix was ten years too late.

again, crs 2.0 the current team is barely 2 years old. please don't blame the sins of the past on them. in addition to delivering new content, they've 'fixed' LMGs. all within 2ish years. try and keep that perspective going forward is all i'm saying.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, a3ist said:

I have been waiting for this, and I am going to resub - this issue ruined the game for me, thanks for fixing it. I'm frustrated that a fix was ten years too late.

Agree, fixing this 10 or 12 years ago would have been a lot less painful. At least new CRS are fixing things, hopefully we get some more in the near future. (see I didnt say "soon"! :) )

 

S! Ian

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, XOOM said:

Players will still be able to shoot without bipod deployment. They will however have to maintain a stable position in order to manage the weapons recoil.

We have several military personnel on our team, including current active duty leadership who would clearly state that this would not only be something they'd chew their soldiers asses out for, it's primarily in effective. If they're going to suppress it'll require a stable position, and running around firing is contradicting that.

Can i strafe left and right whilst standing or crouched    ????

Edited by nkelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nkelly said:

Can i strafe left and right whilst standing or crouched    ????

Not sure if that is considered "moving" as in forward or backward motion but I would guess yes you still could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nkelly said:

Can i strafe left and right whilst standing or crouched    ????

Yes - Xoom said you can turn around, shooting right / left, up / down, but not walk/move from that spot.

 

S! ian

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nkelly said:

Can i strafe left and right whilst standing or crouched    ????

Yes - as long as your character is stationary (feet planted).

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XOOM said:

Yes - as long as your character is stationary (feet planted).

Too slow!! I win!!  :) 

 

S! Ian

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wohooo! This is great. The game strives for a realistic battlefield and the LMG class held it back. 

To me it was the only stupid thing in the game to see LMG EI running around up and down stairs spinning around in circles with a seemingly unlimited magazine.

Great work CRS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well all LMG players just have to remember to equip the pistol 1st before running . At least one won't be defenceless

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Woods74 said:

 

To me it was the only stupid thing in the game .

 

Really?  The only thing?

Look forward to seeing you take out a subscription to boost allied player numbers (I just presume you play mostly allied by your happiness) and to help boost CRS coffers.

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dre21 said:

Well all LMG players just have to remember to equip the pistol 1st before running . At least one won't be defenceless

No!!!    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!   Now you've blown it!!

Wait for the "Axis LMG must have the luger removed" threads.  :D 

 

S! Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, a3ist said:

I have been waiting for this, and I am going to resub - this issue ruined the game for me, thanks for fixing it. I'm frustrated that a fix was ten years too late.

Welcome back soldier! 

 

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Really?  The only thing?

Look forward to seeing you take out a subscription to boost allied player numbers (I just presume you play mostly allied by your hippieness) and to help boost CRS coffers.

S! Ian

Yep I am subbed. I subbed when WW2OL was available through Steam to bring a new player up through the ranks :) ANZAC woodsnz. This profile Woods74 is my ancient original one. Yes Allied only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woods74 said:

Yep I am subbed. I subbed when WW2OL was available through Steam to bring a new player up through the ranks :) ANZAC woodsnz. This profile Woods74 is my ancient original one. Yes Allied only.

Yes indeed, woodsnz has killed me more than once! LOL

Welcome back!

S! Ian

 

PS Sorry about the typo for happy/hippy  OOPS fixed!

Edited by ian77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Yes indeed, woodsnz has killed me more than once! LOL

Welcome back!

S! Ian

 

PS Sorry about the typo for happy/hippy  OOPS fixed!

S! See you on the battlefield!

lol all good I have been known to be called Hippie a few times due to my long hair :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, XOOM said:

I foresee (but please don't quote me because we have other guys working on supply numbers) that the need to supplement the BAR's for US Forces will drop, and the .30 cal will take on the full role of US LMG. Hang in there man. Like I said, we got something cooking to help.

oh i hope you are not serious about this.   The BAR was the standard SAW of US infantry squads in WW2.  The 1919a4 was issued to paratroop forces because it was felt they needed more firepower.  While some 1919a4' .30 cals may have ended up in regular infantry units, it was not the norm.   There is a lot of talk about historical realism, so we should really try and follow it.

Also, providing regular US infantry units with a firepower they in reality did not exist, is a little unfair to the axis side in game.  I can live with the fg-42 being in standard german infantry units, despite that they too were only issued to para units, if this makes the axis happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blakeh said:

oh i hope you are not serious about this.   The BAR was the standard SAW of US infantry squads in WW2.  The 1919a4 was issued to paratroop forces because it was felt they needed more firepower.  While some 1919a4' .30 cals may have ended up in regular infantry units, it was not the norm.   There is a lot of talk about historical realism, so we should really try and follow it.

Also, providing regular US infantry units with a firepower they in reality did not exist, is a little unfair to the axis side in game.  I can live with the fg-42 being in standard german infantry units, despite that they too were only issued to para units, if this makes the axis happy.

The BAR is not going away. I am simply saying right now it is supplementing LMG numbers for US Forces due to their lack of a proper LMG (which is the reason of the 30 caliber) in the first place.

So it is a very reasonable expectation to have that there would be some alterations made to undo the current work around to give US Forces some semblance of an LMG. That shouldn't be taken out of context any further and is very fair / reasonable.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, B2K said:

I don't know, every 'movement to contact'/'assault the objective' I ever went on involved LMG's laying suppression fire and shifting as the non-LMG  Soldiers swept across the objective.   Not charging across the objective alongside all the rest of the squad.   

This was my same experience while I was in as well...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mcafeed said:

HALLELUJAH!!  Glory be, what a great change! This has been my top complaint for years.

Next on the list for the LMG audit should be the recoil issue.  The BREN was actually designed to be mobile (but forget that point for now), and was known and proven as the most accurate LMG in WWII by far. In suppression situations soldiers considered it TOO accurate - many accounts.  The axis LMG34 was NOT nearly as accurate in real life.   

In the demo video, you can see the LMG34 is far more accurate than the Bren and French LMG, and has little to no recoil.  I would recommend accuracy (cone of fire adjustments) and recoil adjustments to all three making the LMG34 less accurate and the Bren more accurate.

S!

 

Agree 100%.

Hopefully we'll see increased dispersion for the MG-34 when the scotsman small arms audit gets released.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ian77 said:

Really?  The only thing?

Look forward to seeing you take out a subscription to boost allied player numbers (I just presume you play mostly allied by your happiness) and to help boost CRS coffers.

S! Ian

He is most assuredly another happy Allied player.

VR

Edited by csm308

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.