choad

Question on daily % advancement to next tier

29 posts in this topic

I am curious to learn about tier progression. It is my understanding that advancement to next tier can not be delayed by factory bombing. Both the Axis and Allies advance towards the next tier at the exact same rate. In looking through TOE history - I see that the advancement to next tier has seemed to jump at times. As you can see below, the first fiew days of T1 advanced at a steady 11.52% clip each day. Then suddenly on 2/16 - it started humming along at 21.57%. So the second half of the tier went twice as fast pretty much. I noticed the same thing for T0, the 2nd half of the tier sped up. Wondering if this is a system thing - or why it does not advance at the same rate each day.

Date/Time                         Tier    % complete       % increase

02/12/2019 22:20:02        T1         12.43%
02/13/2019 22:20:02        T1         23.95%            +11.52%
02/14/2019 22:20:08        T1         35.47%            +11.52%
02/15/2019 22:20:09        T1         46.99%            +11.52%
02/16/2019 22:20:02        T1         58.51%            +11.52%
02/17/2019 22:20:02        T1         80.08%            +21.57%
02/18/2019 22:20:08        T2        1.89%               +21.81%

Edited by choad

that's what happens when tiers are manually sped up.  In a perfect world it'll advance at a steady pace daily.  The trick is figuring out the pace as for 1 campaign a 7 day tier is good, but the next 3 the campaigns go by so fast that the later tiers are never implemented. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, B2K said:

that's what happens when tiers are manually sped up.  In a perfect world it'll advance at a steady pace daily.  Problem is people get impatient when they have to play with the same gear for more than 2 hours.  

Ok thanks. I think it is fine so long as the intent isn't to prop up the losing side by rushing them through tough patches into more favorable equipment. I do understand that everyone is looking forward to playing with some of the late tier new toys ... it's been awhile .... i get it.

26 minutes ago, B2K said:

that's what happens when tiers are manually sped up.  In a perfect world it'll advance at a steady pace daily.  The trick is figuring out the pace as for 1 campaign a 7 day tier is good, but the next 3 the campaigns go by so fast that the later tiers are never implemented. 

I thought we couldnt speed up/alter RDP settings, hence why my idea of "Friday night is RDP night" could never happen?

S! Ian

22 minutes ago, choad said:

Ok thanks. I think it is fine so long as the intent isn't to prop up the losing side by rushing them through tough patches into more favorable equipment. I do understand that everyone is looking forward to playing with some of the late tier new toys ... it's been awhile .... i get it.

Getting Stug Gs, 4Gs, and tiggers into axis hands isn't helping the losing side this map.

2 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Getting Stug Gs, 4Gs, and tiggers into axis hands isn't helping the losing side this map.

Yeah i was just saying in general, not a comment on either side. I just don't like the idea of artificially trying to extend the campaign by pulling levers (not saying that is what this is).

In fairness .... it should be mentioned that in french/us flags our tanks in this tier, in armored flags, appear to be nearing double Axis. 36 baby Shermans and 30 Stuarts. Yeah i know they pop easily .... juat sayin.

15 minutes ago, ian77 said:

I thought we couldnt speed up/alter RDP settings, hence why my idea of "Friday night is RDP night" could never happen?

S! Ian

Not sure where you got that from - RDP has been altered numerous times in the past.

8 minutes ago, choad said:

Yeah i was just saying in general, not a comment on either side. I just don't like the idea of artificially trying to extend the campaign by pulling levers (not saying that is what this is).

In fairness .... it should be mentioned that in french/us flags our tanks in this tier, in armored flags, appear to be nearing double Axis. 36 baby Shermans and 30 Stuarts. Yeah i know they pop easily .... juat sayin.

Its okay axis get 2 tigers and 2 4Gs ...... a joke isnt it......

So RDP bombing only causes killed units to come back into the available supply slower. It does nothing to slow tier progression. 

10 minutes ago, choad said:

So RDP bombing only causes killed units to come back into the available supply slower. It does nothing to slow tier progression. 

And server resets seem to reset supply to full, so even increased resupply is negated at times

14 minutes ago, B2K said:

Not sure where you got that from - RDP has been altered numerous times in the past.

The time between tiers is universal meaning if it is 10 days for tier 0 - 1 it will be the same for the next tier.

Blkhwk8

CRS - Community Manager

This is where I got that from. So we could have the game have RDP at 12:00 server time every Friday, when the new half tiers are here? I really believe a regular Friday update for Tiers would get guys logging in, and as we all know more logging in = more fun = guys stay logged in longer etc etc

S! ian

The Rats can manually change the rate of RDP, and do so depending on how quickly (or slowly) a map is progressing. 

Players can't affect RDP tiers, but the Game Managers can.  

I would love to try this:  each garrison would have its tier (random or earned), so that each battle becomes a challenge. we would base the next AO according to available tiers 

3 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

I would love to try this:  each garrison would have its tier (random or earned), so that each battle becomes a challenge. we would base the next AO according to available tiers 

I have no idea what this means?

26 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

There is such a thing as to complicated - each town having its own random RDP tier is that.  

2 people like this

7 hours ago, choad said:

Back when RDP bombing was first introduced it actually did just this... affected the speed of tiers and not supply. During this time the CinC would also pick one weapon to be "prioritized" and thus enter the game world in larger numbers. It got changed because of the obvious argument that bombing factories shouldn't affect how quickly an engineer setting at his desk can draw up a new tank. The CinC picking the next weapon thing died a quick death since in both the Axis and Allied side it almost descended into civil war and turned the pilots and groundpounders into enemies within their own side (since usually planes were sacrificed in order to get more tanks).

yeah it's not so much 'RDP' any more as it is 'strategic'(ish).  

8 hours ago, ian77 said:

And server resets seem to reset supply to full, so even increased resupply is negated at times

Actually this has been fixed in most cases. Now factory damage is what can get reset.

2 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Actually this has been fixed in most cases. Now factory damage is what can get reset.

great to know, thanks S!

To be clear

RDP is set by me at beginning of each Tier 

Depending on how the campaign is progressing is how fast the Tiers move automatically 

Also depending on how the last campaign or 2 have gone will determine what i set the numbers to.  If we have not enter in Tier 2 or 3  they the next campaign i will speed up the RDP to try and get all the equipment into the game.

How i make my determination on when they manually get pushed  to the  next tier is based on how the 1st Tier has progressed 

The default amount of days each Tiers is close to 11 days.  This campaign i am trying to have each Tier in 7 days.      

My only Goal is to get all the units into the game for everyone to play with.  I do not care about which way the map is going ... i am trying to judge how long the campaign is going to last... that is my only goal when it comes to Tier progression. 

Now Factory Damage 

That does not get reset after server restarts. That remains as it was before any restart.   The .factory command can be used by everyone in game to check

As for supply getting refilled after the server is restarted there are some settings i my be able to adjust but that can be tricky and i must be careful or they may never be anything ever resupplied. 

If at anytime anyone has RDP questions please ask me i will answer  S! 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, aismov said:

The CinC picking the next weapon thing died a quick death since in both the Axis and Allied side it almost descended into civil war and turned the pilots and groundpounders into enemies within their own side (since usually planes were sacrificed in order to get more tanks).

Even within same unit type it would get kind of unfun.
Sacrifice all of these for one of those, nothing to use unless you have rank for the small amount of those.
It did make a lot of unhappiness, i remember logging in once, was going to multicrew some lower level vehicle with athena, think an R35
and there were 0 available 1 max, they had gotten scrapped

The idea in general was cool, but not well implemented.
Not enough checks and balances to make sure no one got the carpet pulled from under them.

Also probably should have been split up more
Factory class A affects raw production (resupply)
Factory class B affects tank development
Factory class C affects fighter plane research
etc.
Which of course would also require a more complicated tiers mechanism with multiple sliding classes.
Also probably need to cap the max effect you can impose.
Like for example, Max tier delay of class, 24 hours (4 game days)
It is a game, and it is not terribly fun to have the other guy indefinitely bombed to tier 0 for the entire campaign.
It's like sitting there in Mammoth tanks and F16's and the other guy keeps coming at you with FT17s and sopwith camels

So, this mat be something I've missed as not taken note of what happens to equipment on tier change, mainly because I've not been on much this campaign and if I have Ive been face down in rubble, even with a German lying on me once, but he knifed me, so probably deserved their fumble in the rubble! 

Do Brigade equipment get replaced with upgraded equipment on tier change, or is there an overlap? 

So actual flag equipment remaining (I. E. 56 of 150 rifles) stays with the brigade untill used up alongside the new upgraded their rifle, or does it just get replaced?