• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ian77

Can we dilute some of the side bias toxicity?

14 posts in this topic

We should all know that CRS is not side biased, and that no one side is "easy mode".  All have their strengths and weaknesses.

This has probably been suggested before, but is it possible to have a mini campaign starting in T3, but with all the equipment swapped over? We have a lot of players who view never having played the other side as a badge of honour, rather than a hinderance to experiencing all the game has to offer.

Not enough players have played or are willing to play both sides, so swap the gear and let them see that for themselves. Let them see that Tigers are not "unkillable", and that every sherman doesn't degun the tiger first hit!!

I believe if more players actually used the other gear for a week or two it might lead to less aggressive partisan posts, and less "hate" ingame on side chat.

We need to do something to tone down the "hate".

S! ian

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, rodsantos said:

I think we'd have to repaint the equipment first, though.

Oh no leave it as it, the confusion will be very amusing
It might be the one time having FF on is actually hysterical

7 hours ago, ian77 said:

We should all know that CRS is not side biased, and that no one side is "easy mode".  All have their strengths and weaknesses.

This has probably been suggested before, but is it possible to have a mini campaign starting in T3, but with all the equipment swapped over? We have a lot of players who view never having played the other side as a badge of honour, rather than a hinderance to experiencing all the game has to offer.

Not enough players have played or are willing to play both sides, so swap the gear and let them see that for themselves. Let them see that Tigers are not "unkillable", and that every sherman doesn't degun the tiger first hit!!

I believe if more players actually used the other gear for a week or two it might lead to less aggressive partisan posts, and less "hate" ingame on side chat.

We need to do something to tone down the "hate".

S! ian

Intermission is the best time to switch sides and try out equipment. It shouldn't be forced on players in a campaign.

If you could repaint everything for the visual effect it would be an interesting campaign to examine the question of what 1940 might have looked like with swapped gear. 

More players should become familiar with both sides equipment to get away from toxic bias calls, though generally it seems to be a select few vets that actually believe a CRS bias exists. 

9 hours ago, gavalink said:

Intermission is the best time to switch sides and try out equipment. It shouldn't be forced on players in a campaign.

Not forcing guys to play other side, just swapping the equipment, because they wont play for the other side and therefore wont discover that neither side is an easy mode winner (with out player numbers).

S! Ian

Lol, what defines a ‘side’?  equipment, colors, names, starting position?  If you switch equipment, is the axis really axis anymore?

1 hour ago, raptor34 said:

If you could repaint everything for the visual effect it would be an interesting campaign to examine the question of what 1940 might have looked like with swapped gear. 

More players should become familiar with both sides equipment to get away from toxic bias calls, though generally it seems to be a select few vets that actually believe a CRS bias exists. 

"it seems to be a select few vets that actually believe a CRS bias exists "  -  Thats the really crazy part of this!  So OK CRS and the game are not perfect, but they are not out to "nerf" anyone, but when you only play one side you only hear half the story and only see your teams problems and issues. I just feel if we gave everyone the other equipment for a week or two mini campaign, between regular maps, it would help reduce the "hate".

S! Ian

This is so bonkers an idea that I think it would work great.

Flip the starting towns and switch the flag texture and name from Allied to Axis and vice versa.

That way you are still Axis with the Axis flag from Axis starting lines and pushing West, but driving a Sherman.

33 minutes ago, aismov said:

This is so bonkers an idea that I think it would work great.

Flip the starting towns and switch the flag texture and name from Allied to Axis and vice versa.

That way you are still Axis with the Axis flag from Axis starting lines and pushing West, but driving a Sherman.

Yes, something like this, Axis can be all US Army gear if that is an issue, it is just to get everyone to realise there is no easy mode for an entire side.

I'm going to give it to you guys straight up. I play campaigns as both sides. I mainly play axis as you all know. Usually 3 maps axis and 1 allied and then repeat.

After closely monitoring stats page, I always end up with around the same KD ratio and caps no matter what side I play. Not just for inf, but for everything really. I'm usually in the top 5 or 10 rifles and smgs for both sides and the top 5 or 10 tankers for both sides (depending how much I play that campaign). I give equal effort no matter which side I play. 

Everytime i think allies have it easy, I remember that when I do play an occasional allied campaign, it seems like axis has it easy. It's weird how this game does that to people. I just try to remember at the end of the day its just a game. The game has things that needs fixing, but many of us have made good online friends on here.

Edited by dfire

3 minutes ago, dfire said:

Everytime i think allies have it easy, I remember that when I do play an occasional allied campaign, it seems like axis has it easy. It's weird how this game does that to people. I just try to remember at the end of the day its just a game. The game has things that needs fixing, but many of us have made good online friends on here.

CC dfire, that is my exact same experience. I die in game about the same whichever side I play.

S! Ian

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0