krazydog

Please give ML option to deploy FMS or FRU anywhere

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

the ATG on the boat is pretty useless unless a Tank decides to sit right by the river or on the rr tracks.

Yeah, what were those boat designers thinking, not putting a taller "AT gun" on boats that were far too wide and tall and long to fit through the locks and under the bridges as needed to operate on such rivers?

On 2/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, krazydog said:

I am not sure what to call the FRU, but we used to call the truck MS just a “FRU” before the FMS came out.

And we already can deploy these TFRUs (truck FRUs) right now in big cities like Antwerp.  - when you press Z - to deploy a FMS, just hit (Backspace) to toggle between the FMS, ammo box etc... and you will see the TFRU is right there too - its just not available anymore outside of big cities because Xoom wanted us to use the FMS only when it was a new thing in game.

But the FMS is not so new anymore, so maybe we can have the Truck FRU back again as a fallback option to solve the new deployment issues with the FMS?

To clarify...

The Fortified Mobile Spawn (FMS) we thought would help sustain battles longer and the investment of deploying a mobile spawn. We've buffed it, added some Light ATG's and Light AA guns to be spawned from it so it could defend itself. 

We provided several fortifications for players to use to deploy around it to keep it alive.

We made the roof top recently the same as the top fo the gun emplacement to further conceal it from aerial bombardment.

The FRU was converted into the UMS, Urban Mobile Spawn, with the purpose of allowing it to be placed in urban environments because it was more nimble and easily deployable around the buildings / terrain objects within cities.

What recently changed with the FMS was the angle tolerance because of the reported issues of clipping - this part is correct. It was made harder to deploy because it was really bad scenarios where clipping occurred unfortunately.

I'll think about the UMS being able to be deployed in the field again, but it would only be truck deployed. I wouldn't go back to having Infantry walking them up. The HC Mobile Spawn is an exception but is in limited form.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

To clarify...

The Fortified Mobile Spawn (FMS) we thought would help sustain battles longer and the investment of deploying a mobile spawn. We've buffed it, added some Light ATG's and Light AA guns to be spawned from it so it could defend itself. 

We provided several fortifications for players to use to deploy around it to keep it alive.

We made the roof top recently the same as the top fo the gun emplacement to further conceal it from aerial bombardment.

The FRU was converted into the UMS, Urban Mobile Spawn, with the purpose of allowing it to be placed in urban environments because it was more nimble and easily deployable around the buildings / terrain objects within cities.

What recently changed with the FMS was the angle tolerance because of the reported issues of clipping - this part is correct. It was made harder to deploy because it was really bad scenarios where clipping occurred unfortunately.

I'll think about the UMS being able to be deployed in the field again, but it would only be truck deployed. I wouldn't go back to having Infantry walking them up. The HC Mobile Spawn is an exception but is in limited form.

Yes, that was what I meant - Would like to see UMS truck deployable in the field again (just as a second backup option if the FMS is undeployable under a tree or on a slope of a hill).

Thanks for agreeing to give it some consideration.

Edited by krazydog
1 person likes this