Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shagher

PPO Barbwire

7 posts in this topic

Great addition of PPOs lately,

Now, would it be possible to have the Barbwire { The long one or/and the wooden one} capable to connect with another set.

Maybe up to a 3 limit together?

Reason behind the thinking is that this great PPO is of little effectiveness alone, but a longer stretch can force a serious and perilous detour on enemy infantry.

It would also provide a serious protection for a ZOC made of ATGs and other Inf vulnerable units.

S!

2 people like this

I like the idea. Give the engineers a single chain of three wire PPOs each. If they want to build more, they either have to make them one by one or resupply by truck.

I believe that there is an intention to allow enemy infantry some access, you can configure what we have now in a way that will hinder their access significantly, but it takes work.  I have been doing a lot of work with the PPOs and I'm not at all happy.  I think there should be Engineering brigades, more engineers. The PPOs need to Last longer, be less fragile, (destroyed by a single bomb blast in the AB after hours of work :( )  and the cool downs all need to be shorter to build them, and I need to be able to build more of them.

Things I would like to see is a Coil (concertina) something like the box.

A Tank emplacement (like like the AT gun emplacement but with dirt and logs in the front and no top, and hedges/bushes instead of the tank traps.)

I put a long barbed wire fence,  get ready to make the next one and side step lining it up with the previous, waiting for the cool down.  I side step till it just turns green once the cool down is done then build the next one.  There is maybe a meter between the two fences.  I then stand in the gap and put a box barb wire on the opposite side in the gap and a curved sandbag on the back side.  

this is the long barb wire |------|-----|  and this is the box   X-X-X  , curve sandbags  @@@@

You end up with something like this.

X-X-X                X-X-X

|-----|-----|      |-----|-----|      |-----|-----| 

@@@@            @@@@

I'd like to see more PPOs and more rolls for ENGs, Engs with more Explosive options (damage buildings, blow bunkers, etc.?)  Maybe build some trenches, machine gun nests/fighting positions?

i've been playing with them too and the red zones are soo large a ATG can get through.

riflemen, sappers, engies, bombs, and tank/gun HE can already clear them if they're obstructing, no harm in letting them do their job.

I think a HE satchel destroying a PPO makes sense. So connecting them should also be fine

Needs the way the colliders are handled to be changed in the models so as to allow them closer setups. Being discussed as to best adjustment without creating other issues.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0