jeffcraft1

will my laptop run this with these specs

11 posts in this topic

  • AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 2.50 GHz Processor
  • 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory
  • 1 TB Hard Drive
  • HD 1366 x 768 Resolution
  • AMD Radeon Vega 3 Shared Graphics

my last laptop couldent run it and get more than 10 fps. would i be able to get atleast something playable with this setup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well im asking because i spent alot more on my last laptop than this one and it couldent run it. this one is 275 and manufacterer refurbished. ive talked to a few people and they  say its a super solid set up for that price and is quite a steal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jeffcraft1 said:

well im asking because i spent alot more on my last laptop than this one and it couldent run it. this one is 275 and manufacterer refurbished. ive talked to a few people and they  say its a super solid set up for that price and is quite a steal

It may not be the most optimal thing as opposed to a desktop where power use and heat are somewhat non factors
But i play occasionally on my laptop and it is only a Dell E5430 quad I5 and intel embeded graphics

It is not super at it, but i leave the graphics settings on lowest and it does ok, if it is not a big giant brawl i can play fine

What you listed is quite a bit better, so i would think it would work.
It is a laptop so running around at 300fps isnt happening, but i think you would run at a playable level?
What are your expectations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

It may not be the most optimal thing as opposed to a desktop where power use and heat are somewhat non factors
But i play occasionally on my laptop and it is only a Dell E5430 quad I5 and intel embeded graphics

It is not super at it, but i leave the graphics settings on lowest and it does ok, if it is not a big giant brawl i can play fine

What you listed is quite a bit better, so i would think it would work.
It is a laptop so running around at 300fps isnt happening, but i think you would run at a playable level?
What are your expectations?

atleast 30-40 fps on low settings

 

23 minutes ago, PITTPETE said:

It might run it, but i don't think you'll be happy with the results honestly.

and why is that?  how is it a computer with components from 2018 not be able to run game that has graphics equivalent to 2005? if this dont run it i doubt any modern pc will.  it seems sa bit desktop elitism to not optomize it for both laptops and desktops. ive sat and thought about that for the last 2 years. this will be my last attempt to play this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have litterally tried this game on my parents desktop which was built recently and it wont run it  because i couldent get the correct updates for the video card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play on a laptop that is docked, so the experience is much the same as a normal desktop. It does just ok. There were times when i could not play the game ... my laptop would over-heat and shut off. I purchased one on those $30 external fans from OPOLAR and it worked wonders. No issues with overheating any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jeffcraft1 said:

atleast 30-40 fps on low settings

I dont think that would be to impossible with the laptop specs you listed?
It wont be stellar as that is a lower end ryzen 2 core, but i would think it would run the game at least as good if not better than my old dell?

The game is mostly single core CPU heavy as it does a lot of calculations.

Curious on the parents desktop
do you know the hardware specs on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jeffcraft1 said:

and why is that?  how is it a computer with components from 2018 not be able to run game that has graphics equivalent to 2005? if this dont run it i doubt any modern pc will.  it seems sa bit desktop elitism to not optomize it for both laptops and desktops. ive sat and thought about that for the last 2 years. this will be my last attempt to play this game

There is a very long technical reason as to why but I gets down to the CPU. For the past 10+ years CPUs have been going multicore and programs have been written to take advantage of them.

WWIIOL was created when we all had single core CPU. So if you only have 1 core the way you increase performance is clock frequency. A 4-core CPU @ 2.5 ghz will run this game slower than an older single core CPU running at 3 GHz.

If you want top WWIIOL performance always go with a fast CPU. The graphics card for this game is of secondary concern. You would be fine with a cheap GTX 1050 or GTX 960.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jeffcraft1 said:

atleast 30-40 fps on low settings

 

and why is that?  how is it a computer with components from 2018 not be able to run game that has graphics equivalent to 2005? if this dont run it i doubt any modern pc will.  it seems sa bit desktop elitism to not optomize it for both laptops and desktops. ive sat and thought about that for the last 2 years. this will be my last attempt to play this game

The game doesnt support integrated graphics so their is no guarantee it will even run w/o crashing.

The CPU speed is 2.5 ghz which is also low.

I'm not trying to put you down but i sincerely doubt you'll be satisfied with performance.

I play the game on a 6 year old PC with nice FPS.

My CPU is at 4.3 ghz and my GPU is a nvidia 560 with 2gb.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.