enemytank

Apologizing....

17 posts in this topic

Apologizing

I recently posted an information in the forum and immediately my post was deleted and I banned temporarily, on allegation that I violated the rules of the forum.

They gave me the impression that I had invented the information, that I did not have the trouble to verify its correctness, and that my intention was dubious.

But what I did was simply copy and paste the information that was on the CRS homepage
(http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/staff/) summarizing the information.
My intention was to show the proportion of players who "prefer to play from one side or the other" and who are part of the CRS Staff. (which is well known to everyone, I'm sure, I just did a summary)
If that worries somebody I'm sorry, but it was only for information and for consideration.
Of course, where 85% of those who have the power to decide in a company belongs or says to have preference on the one hand, obviously there will always be a vies that can leave doubts.
I hope not, but I think there should be more balanced participation for better development of the game.

S!

I've been in this game for 18 years and TBH these posts are utter nonsense. This game is first and foremost a business. The fact that it has stayed in business this long is a testament to how even handed the devs have throughout the games history tried to be.

You don't grow your business by intentionally screwing over half your customers.

6 people like this

As an Allied only player from day one, it is pretty compelling - as I read through the list at the link - to recognize very few  names that I've ever seen playing alongside us in a campaign. 

1 person likes this

The issue is the perceived side bias assigned to playing 1 side or the other. Would you honestly prefer a dev/production team that only played 1 side? The info you gleaned was by looking at each or our profiles from that page and then just looking at "preferred side" which I'm guessing just weighs the most sorties.

Had you actually checked stats along with that you would have found in most instances many hours on all sides.

And for most of us you only know of the acct with caps, the rat acct. You have no idea if we have dark glass's accounts that we use so as to play without the thousand pms and other distractions.  

Bottom line is, everyone has a preference as to play.... Caps or no caps. But as to development of the game, and any other decisions game related, side played or equiptment of choice while playing has no weight in any decision. What's broken gets fixed according to when the people knowledgeable in fixing that area of the game can work on it. Game play decisions are according to what is determined best for the game to continue to be. Our overriding goal is to keep wwiiol alive and growing to the best of our abilities. Decisions are team discussed both in text and voice meetings. "To piss the players off" is never, ever in any way a part of the decision process. Very much the opposite in that perceived negatives, what conclusion some of the player base may jump too,  are always considered and weighed.

We never discuss "what can we give allies/axis that will buff them up".  

There are many, many misconceptions as to how things work ingame as well as how decisions are made. In the past, before I had a view inside, I even held some very wrong assumptions. Being able to be a part of the process as well as being able to see some of the inner workings has been a real eye opener in both areas. 

I've always tried my best to be even handed in everything, real life and virtual life. None of this is the company line, it's me being honest just as I deal with folks in real life.

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

The issue is the perceived side bias assigned to playing 1 side or the other. Would you honestly prefer a dev/production team that only played 1 side? The info you gleaned was by looking at each or our profiles from that page and then just looking at "preferred side" which I'm guessing just weighs the most sorties.

Had you actually checked stats along with that you would have found in most instances many hours on all sides.

And for most of us you only know of the acct with caps, the rat acct. You have no idea if we have dark glass's accounts that we use so as to play without the thousand pms and other distractions.  

Bottom line is, everyone has a preference as to play.... Caps or no caps. But as to development of the game, and any other decisions game related, side played or equiptment of choice while playing has no weight in any decision. What's broken gets fixed according to when the people knowledgeable in fixing that area of the game can work on it. Game play decisions are according to what is determined best for the game to continue to be. Our overriding goal is to keep wwiiol alive and growing to the best of our abilities. Decisions are team discussed both in text and voice meetings. "To [censored] the players off" is never, ever in any way a part of the decision process. Very much the opposite in that perceived negatives, what conclusion some of the player base may jump too,  are always considered and weighed.

We never discuss "what can we give allies/axis that will buff them up".  

There are many, many misconceptions as to how things work ingame as well as how decisions are made. In the past, before I had a view inside, I even held some very wrong assumptions. Being able to be a part of the process as well as being able to see some of the inner workings has been a real eye opener in both areas. 

I've always tried my best to be even handed in everything, real life and virtual life. None of this is the company line, it's me being honest just as I deal with folks in real life.

I believe in you!!!
But we live in difficult times ...
Last week 3 friends of mine were also suspended / banned from the forum
It is time to act calmly and serenely.
Certainly better times will come
S!

Edited by enemytank

See I'm an allied player through and through. It's the only side I've ever played, however, I'm able to cross to the axis side to help their HC out when required because as an ACM it's my job to be completely unbiased. The same goes for every person associated with CRS. We work for the good of this game, not for the good one just one side. If we did, this game would've died years ago.

1 person likes this

I agree with Asimov's statement. I KNOW CRS 2.0 could not hope to maintain a business if they favored a side in their game design.

Shucks, I just would enjoy seeing a few now and then, but I get the desire to go incognito due to the "gadfly" effect. Originally didn't think about that.

The eye-opener was the side preference poll that  showed  PLAYERS prefer axis over allies by 50% (40% allied  60% axis). 
It put the continuous Allied campaign losses in perspective. Numbers and balance - not code - determine the campaign outcomes more than anything else. 

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, enemytank said:

I believe in you!!!
But we live in difficult times ...
Last week 3 friends of mine were also suspended / banned from the forum
It is time to act calmly and serenely.
Certainly better times will come
S!

I agree with you, I also understand that you do have a true passion for this game as do I.

It definitely is time to act calmly and serenely. That is best accomplished by following the rules of these forums and abiding by the Terms of Service.

1 person likes this

CRS are not side biased, if many play allied it is probably because allies are so low pop. Xoom was axis for many years.

I play underpop these days, when I get the chance. Think my last few sorties were all axis.

If we can stick to being civil and having a productive discourse in our communication, being respectful to all and with an intention to improve things... we can then have a much healthier game community and forum commentary.

I'd like to also indicate, that on my exuberant off-time (Sarcasm alert :D) I have been scanning some other game forums.

No where, not even kinda close... can I see the same level of attention that CRS Staff pays to its community to discuss the game with enthusiasm and candidness on the internet. I'm not saying it doesn't exist anywhere else as a 100% bullet proof statement, but please don't lose sight of just how important these communications are.

When you're wearing this Rat tag, you're under constant bombardment from all angles. We accept that we have lots of passionate members of our community around us. One thing you guys (the community) now have working in your favor is that most of us were in your shoes first. So we understand how valuable those comms are even more so.

But it is discouraging as hell after some point and it wears you down. Addressing the community in general, your individual conduct and keeping your cool / not going off the deep end is going to help with maintaining CRS being here in the forums and in the game world to happily answer your questions. Or the alternative is you can push the guys away from wanting to say stuff. Because that's how it goes after awhile.

I think it all boils down to everyone maintaining enthusiasm about the game and the potential. Can we please not forget, so easily, how far we have come, how close we got to things coming to an end, and how grateful we should all be (yeah even us at CRS) that we still have this opportunity to go forward?

The negative rhetoric is much louder than the positive support. I wish it were the reverse. We have a lot to be positive about after all. 

2 people like this

I really don’t play much this days as every time I login I

1: go threw the brigades on both sides to side what supply is like 

2: looking for issues in game that need attention 

3: watching chat to try and prevent a side channel meltdown 

4: answers many questions the players ask me in PM’s

5: check RDP 

6: read the dot reports 

there is a lot more I am doing outside of the game for the game ..... so I don’t have time to think about what side I am going to be bias for or against.   

5 hours ago, enemytank said:

Apologizing

I recently posted an information in the forum and immediately my post was deleted and I banned temporarily, on allegation that I violated the rules of the forum.

They gave me the impression that I had invented the information, that I did not have the trouble to verify its correctness, and that my intention was dubious.

But what I did was simply copy and paste the information that was on the CRS homepage
(http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/staff/) summarizing the information.
My intention was to show the proportion of players who "prefer to play from one side or the other" and who are part of the CRS Staff. (which is well known to everyone, I'm sure, I just did a summary)
If that worries somebody I'm sorry, but it was only for information and for consideration.
Of course, where 85% of those who have the power to decide in a company belongs or says to have preference on the one hand, obviously there will always be a vies that can leave doubts.
I hope not, but I think there should be more balanced participation for better development of the game.

S!

You went to my profile, written in like 2001 or 2002 or what ever, and just copied the info from where it says
preferred side (Of which you can only choose allied or axis, no other choices)
You failed to note the preferred unit type which would have specifically told you, Oh he liked playing France tier 0
My Original squad was Bataillon Rouge de la Mort (BRM), after all.
And you did not read location, which says: Underpopped Side, which pretty much says where i will be playing.

It seems you did not even try going to stats.wwiionline.com
Or  you would have noticed that Oldzeke has 46,373 AXIS sorties on just his Oldzeke account
Xoom has 23,861  Axis sorties

Sadly i dont have anywhere near that many sorties combined on all accounts as time is something i never seem to have enough of
but one of my other personas i looked at, has a whole whopping 60 allied career sorties, the rest are all axis.
Guess he is a traitor, must be a bipolar schizophrenic :)

5 hours ago, dustyhc said:

I agree with Asimov's statement. I KNOW CRS 2.0 could not hope to maintain a business if they favored a side in their game design.

Shucks, I just would enjoy seeing a few now and then, but I get the desire to go incognito due to the "gadfly" effect. Originally didn't think about that.

The eye-opener was the side preference poll that  showed  PLAYERS prefer axis over allies by 50% (40% allied  60% axis). 
It put the continuous Allied campaign losses in perspective. Numbers and balance - not code - determine the campaign outcomes more than anything else. 

Rats 1.0 posted that was about the ratio throughout the run of the game.  The 'deep Axis bench' was not a rumor, but a game reality that I would say is still wrestled with.

49 minutes ago, XOOM said:

But it is discouraging as hell after some point and it wears you down. Addressing the community in general, your individual conduct and keeping your cool / not going off the deep end is going to help with maintaining CRS being here in the forums and in the game world to happily answer your questions. Or the alternative is you can push the guys away from wanting to say stuff. Because that's how it goes after awhile.

This factor is why after a few years Doc ended up being the face of the Rats, not because he was the er, optimal choice for that task, but because the rest had been driven away from commenting and only Doc was hardy enough to wade in and engage. 

Driven away by us.

3 people like this

Well I saw on your list one person that doesn't really play the game you had listed as "allied".. I checked and it seems that it defaults your profile to "Allied/Navy/River Boat".. So I think going by those profiles might be a bad idea.. should look at stats..