Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madrebel

CH HOTAS SETUP

4 posts in this topic

This is for folks who either have a full CH setup or partial say pedals and throttle or just throttle. I just updated the old ww2ol CMC file that iirc reyern put together years back that isn't relevant anymore. Since the default keymaps have changed below is a CMC file that works with all the new default keybinds.

Something else to note, I've had a significant problem with Windows 10 and the CH Control Manager V4.55 functioning properly. THe ultimate resolution to this was to buy a USB 2.0 PCI add in card. Using the CH stick, throttle, pedals, and the virtual device map that the CH manager allows you to create was SUPER flaky. Sometimes it would work, then it just wouldn't. I had a suspicion this was related to USB 3/3.1 ports and - at least on my system - the suspicion proved true. These old device/drivers don't work well on USB 3.0/3.1 ports.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TSC5GG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that card solved my problems.

I can't direct link the files so I'll just copy/paste the contents. Next post I'll add in my CMS scripts that turn the ministick into more or less trim wheels

CMC File:

///
/// View Control
///
Look_Forward_Left KP7
Look_Forward KP8
Look_Forward_Right KP9
Look_Left KP4
Look_Up KP5
Look_Right KP6
Look_Back_Left KP1
Look_Back KP2
Look_Back_Right KP3
Look_Down KP0
Instrument_View KP0
Gunsight_View KP.
Screenshot F9
///
/// Engine Control
///
War_Emergency_Power F8
Toggle_Engine e
Adjust_RPM_Up '
Adjust_RPM_Down ;
///
/// Aircraft Control
///
Left_Wheel_Brake z
Right_Wheel_Brake x
Lock_Tail_Wheel KB/
Landing_Gear g
Canopy_Control o
Bomb_Doors b
Dive_Brakes c
Stuka_Siren RSHF
Flaps_Up KBINS
Flaps_Down KBDEL
Elevator_Trim_Up k
Elevator_Trim_Down i
Aileron_Trim_Left ,
Aileron_Trim_Right .
Rudder_Trim_Left j
Rudder_Trim_Right l
Autopilot LCTL a
///
/// Weapon Control
///
Cycle_Ammo BKSPC
Jettison_Bombload LCTL j
Bombsight_Alt_Increase KBPGUP
Bombsight_Alt_Decrease KBPGDN
Bombsight_Speed_Increase KBHOME
Bombsight_Speed_Decrease KBEND
///
/// Crew Positions
///
Crew_Position_1 1
Crew_Position_2 2
Crew_Position_3 3
Crew_Position_4 4
Crew_Position_5 5
Crew_Position_6 6
Crew_Position_7 7
Crew_Position_8 8
Crew_Position_9 9
Crew_Position_10 0
///
/// Misc Commands
///
Show_Stats `
Show_Info NUMLOCK
Cycle_Icon_Mode LCTL i
Exit_Vehicle SHF ESC
HUD_Detail y
Reset_HUD LCTL y
Chat_Height RCTL BKSPC
Map m
Voice_Comms_Key KP/ ///discord send voice
Voice_Overlay RALT KP/ ///discord overlay
Gun_Camera RALT p  ///growler gun cam toggle
///
/// Vehicle Control
///
Shift_Up_Gear ]
Shift_Down_Gear [
Reverse_Gear r
Gunsight_Range_Decrease KBPGUP
Gunsight_Range_Increase KBPGDN
Determine_Range g
Deploy_Weapon z
Toggle_Tow_Bar t
///
/// TrackIR commands
///
TIR_Centre F12
TIR_Pause RALT F9
TIR_Toggle n

Now the scripts. They're pretty simple.

// CMS Script File
//
//     Game Title: WW2OL
//     Written By: Madrebel
//           Date: overtime
//
script
cms.b1 = [js2.A1>200]; //ministick buttons 
cms.b2 = [js2.A1<56];  //for sequence below

cms.b3 = [js2.A2>200]; //ministick button 1 for flaps
cms.b4 = [js2.A2>56];  //ministick button 2 for flaps

SEQUENCE               // on/off sequence 1 for elevator trim
  WHILE (cms.b1);
  cms.b5 = TRUE;
  DELAY (1);
  cms.b5 = FALSE;
  DELAY (1);
ENDSEQUENCE

SEQUENCE               // on/off sequence 2 for elevator trim
  WHILE (cms.b2);
  cms.b6 = TRUE;
  DELAY (1);
  cms.B6 = FALSE;
  DELAY (1);
ENDSEQUENCE

endScript

The top two buttons, as the comment says, are just virtual buttons we need for the following sequence.

What the script says is "when the mini stick is pressed away from the player, almost all the way forward, that then defines cms.b1. It also says "if the ministick is pulled back near the player, almost all the way back, this then defines cms.b2" for now let's move on.

cms.b3 and b4 are very similar, press the stick all the way up and cms.b3 is defined, all the way down, cms.b4 is defined. These are one press events. In your CH manager then, go to the CMS Controls tab and click on CMS button 3 and unclick DX mode putting Flaps_Down in the normal action box like so

cmsb3_zpsrdjugvr3.jpg

Now do the same for button 4

cmsb4_zpspw6hjqs7.jpg

Do note, this is just how I play. You can assign these buttons to something other than flaps. To recap, press the mini stick down (towards the desk surface) and flaps go down. Press the mini stick up toward the ceiling, flaps go up. Combine those with the following CFML excerpt and you get variable flaps on the down key, and reset to fully up with the up key - both of these utilize default keymap.

<control function="Flap control">
		<keydelta value="12.00" per="keypress" index="4">
			<key>delete</key>
		</keydelta>

Now, lets get back to cms.b1 and b2 and use those virtual buttons to create b5 and b6. this will be similar to last post, but, we need the sequence stanzas from the script. lets examine those real quick.

SEQUENCE               // on/off sequence 1 for elevator trim
  WHILE (cms.b1);
  cms.b5 = TRUE;
  DELAY (1);
  cms.b5 = FALSE;
  DELAY (1);
ENDSEQUENCE

SEQUENCE               // on/off sequence 2 for elevator trim
  WHILE (cms.b2);
  cms.b6 = TRUE;
  DELAY (1);
  cms.B6 = FALSE;
  DELAY (1);
ENDSEQUENCE

What is going on here? Real simple, while the mini-stick is held essentially fully forward it then becomes cms.b1, this sequence then says "as long as the stick is held fully forward, cms.b5 = pressed, wait 1ms, then cms.b5 = not pressed - and as long as the stick is held forward keep cycling between pressed/notpressed" the same is true for cms.b6

What this does in game then is increase/decrease elevator trim, by default, 2 degrees at a time. on my system, this ramp through the degrees really isn't all that fast, its quite controllable. Now we need to map cms.b5 and b6.

cmsb5_zps963mx65c.jpg

and button 6

cmsb5_zps963mx65c.jpg

Now your mini-stick goes from being a very spastic inaccurate fairly useless control, to a well behaved control for both flaps and trim. 

I'll add more in the future, using the above for example you could have a control for changing gunsight range (use the trim) and say determine range (mstick up) as well as cycle ammo type (stick down). if you enable the mode function, you can cycle between an "airplane" mode where the mini stick change sthings relevant to planes, and a "tank" mode where things change relevant to AFVs.

If anyone has any questions about CH products, feel free to bump this or PM me. I may be able to help or figure out a script to do what you want.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0