Mosizlak

PPOs

37 posts in this topic

They need to be tagged with the player that places them, because I'm running into more and more FBs that are clogged up with PPOs before the FB appears. 

Axis players have been building all kinds of PPOs are Allied FBs that aren't up yet, then when the FB pops up, we can't get out of the spawns. 

Start tagging the PPO with the name of the players that build it and see how fast this BS stops. 

5 people like this

When I find a load of sand bags in the front of the veh spawn at an FB I just spawn a bofors and clear them. But it is just done to be annoying, and is a BS thing to do.

S! ian

5 minutes ago, ian77 said:

When I find a load of sand bags in the front of the veh spawn at an FB I just spawn a bofors and clear them. But it is just done to be annoying, and is a BS thing to do.

S! ian

This FB had barbed wire and sandbags blocking the infantry spawn, tank traps in the veh spawn with sandbags, ATG emplacements blocking everything. 

Just a huge joke. Tag these things, then start handing out 3 day bans. 

PS: Cant do the bofors thing when there's EI waiting for you to spawn in lol. 

Edited by Mosizlak
3 people like this

Oh my.  That's a new low.  

This would never have even crossed my mind.  This is absolutely a bannable offense imo.  

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

They need to be tagged with the player that places them, because I'm running into more and more FBs that are clogged up with PPOs before the FB appears. 

Axis players have been building all kinds of PPOs are Allied FBs that aren't up yet, then when the FB pops up, we can't get out of the spawns. 

Start tagging the PPO with the name of the players that build it and see how fast this BS stops. 

I haven't experienced this issue as far as my memory allows, but if it's happening it needs to be stopped.  +1^

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, augetout said:

I haven't experienced this issue as far as my memory allows, but if it's happening it needs to be stopped.  +1^

When ATG emplacements showed up it happened a lot, Rats had to get involved. 

Now it's coming back. 

1 person likes this

sigh : 

I will let the GM team know to keep an eye out for this stuff.   As for tracking who places them i dont know if the game stores that info ... i will ask 

1 person likes this

As long as they are outside the tent area, should be fine?  Thus allowing unobstructed spawning.

Unfortunately that is still easily  rortable..if the enemy KNOWS which way you are going to have to turn, and thus present a flank shot.

Hard to get rid of the practice unless the no go zones are in each possible fb area on the map.

If it can be abused it will be abused...

GMs have enough on their hands as it is...trust me I know ;)

This is also happening to a lesser degree at the AB's exits, makes it hard for a truck to leave, sets them up to take gunfire.  Still thinking it over weather it is a good strategy when attacking a town or should be discouraged. I know its' not the same as the FB's, but we may find these things being placed in areas that was not thought about yet. Other Great inventions have come back to bite the inventor in the butt in real life.

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

After a hard fought defense from coming back from one AB and pushing back to the FB... bout an hour fight around the FB winning it. Rushed to our FB because of a possible precamp to spawn in infantry... it immediately was taking damage and spawned right into barbed wire fence stuck while ei blew it back. I despawned to grab a tank, but the FB was blown before I could respawn as a tank and rake the inf spawn. There is a difference between blocking or surrounding the FB.. a pita sure, but where you spawn? I thought they got rid of that ability. @OHM. It was the long barbed wire fence.  I guess mb I should have said something bout it tbh, I didn't have the energy after the a series of losing towns prior... which btw they came back about an hour later and took the town.. my eyes glaze over.

1 person likes this

AB's, at least there is EWS that lets you know someone is poking about town.
And of course there is the part where you cant put the objects inside the spawns because the building is present.
So there is some kind of opportunity to go look, and not spawn with a fence pole up your butt.

The FB on the other hand, if people are putting the objects inside the spawn buildings, by using the fact that the building is not present when the FB is down but the overmap shows the location it will be at,  not terribly funny at all.

It's one thing to spawn in and have to shoot away some object, it's another to spawn in and find you are being shove or throw or moved against your will because
you are clipping an object that should not be there.

Should  be bannable offense IMHO.

Not forever, but a few days for sure after say a warning.

2 people like this

Totally agree....anyone thinking this is fair game needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Game lets you do it so tough to ban someone - just need to be able to pass through them for 1 min after spawning. It would help to get out of a friendly AB when the moron builders have been going nutz trying to block all the entrances. All they do is give cover to enemies entering the AB or bottle their own units inside the AB.

S! Ian

I had this happen in Allies a week or two back, called out the idiots who were sandbagging the spawn point on an MPS (making it impossible to get an ATG out to defend the MPs on an approaching panzer). Got told that I'm an idiot because I said putting sandbags on the spawn point is the dumbest thing you can do in a position that needs to be defended. 

Lost the MPs! :huh: words fail me! 

21 hours ago, delems said:

As long as they are outside the tent area, should be fine?  Thus allowing unobstructed spawning.

Not OK when it's IN the spawns and preventing your from moving. 

I've no problem with someone blocking the front of the vehicle spawn, it's not IN the spawn. I've no problem with someone spamming PPOs around the FB, as long as we can move in the actual spawns. 

This is why I made this thread, because people are deliberately placing the PPOs inside where the spawns will pop up to prevent people from getting out. 

1 person likes this

This has happened to me on 2 occasions that I have clear memory of. A player, whether Allied or just a general troll, surrounded vehicle spawns and the area outside them with sandbags. It happened around the HE changes and I had to spawn an engineer to blow them up on one occasion.

The only way to do it is to spawn as the same side as the facility and build all your crap there. You're hurting the side you spawn on, so you're either an enemy player switching sides or you're a troll out to ruin fun for other players.

It's banable because it's clearly behavior intended to abuse game mechanics to serve as direct detriment to the enjoyment of the game for other players and thus a violation of the ToS iirc.

Not easy to implement a fix because there are definitely circumstances when you want to build a lot of PPOs close to spawn in non-self-hindering ways, but you can't make the game smart enough to know the difference.

Report it when you see it.

10 minutes ago, Chaoswzkd said:

This has happened to me on 2 occasions that I have clear memory of. A player, whether Allied or just a general troll, surrounded vehicle spawns and the area outside them with sandbags. It happened around the HE changes and I had to spawn an engineer to blow them up on one occasion.

The only way to do it is to spawn as the same side as the facility and build all your crap there. You're hurting the side you spawn on, so you're either an enemy player switching sides or you're a troll out to ruin fun for other players.

It's banable because it's clearly behavior intended to abuse game mechanics to serve as direct detriment to the enjoyment of the game for other players and thus a violation of the ToS iirc.

Not easy to implement a fix because there are definitely circumstances when you want to build a lot of PPOs close to spawn in non-self-hindering ways, but you can't make the game smart enough to know the difference.

I think they are doing it after the FB has been blown, so that when it reappears all the obstructions are up and in the way.

S! Ian

Just make FB footprints areas where PPOs can’t be placed like other terrain areas.

12 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

Just make FB footprints areas where PPOs can’t be placed like other terrain areas.

When FB is blown, there is no footprint, it ceases to exist
that is how they are pulling it off

4 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

When FB is blown, there is no footprint, it ceases to exist
that is how they are pulling it off

Can they be made permanent in some way?

6 hours ago, Chaoswzkd said:

The issue is specific to placing PPOs in the FB footprint prior to the FB popping up. When someone spawns in they are immediately clipped into the PPOs preventing them from moving. I don't care if they surround the footprint with them or blocking ABs. Those can be blown by a simple riffle man, you are not impeding their ability via clipping in the actual spawn area.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, stankyus said:

The issue is specific to placing PPOs in the FB footprint prior to the FB popping up.

Except I've seen it done in towns with ABs. That's the occasion when I had to spawn an engineer/sapper to blow up the sandbags because I couldn't get a tank out of it since the HE wasn't blowing them up. Rifle wouldn't cut it because it was an entire wall, two layers thick or so, of sandbags, and would have required multiple respawns.

Yes, the FB issue is also bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not just FBs that are an issue.

Edited by Chaoswzkd