• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Mosizlak

PPOs

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chaoswzkd said:

Except I've seen it done in towns with ABs. That's the occasion when I had to spawn an engineer/sapper to blow up the sandbags because I couldn't get a tank out of it since the HE wasn't blowing them up. Rifle wouldn't cut it because it was an entire wall, two layers thick or so, of sandbags, and would have required multiple respawns.

Yes, the FB issue is also bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not just FBs that are an issue.

You can't place sandbags inside the AB veh.. you can block the veh but that's it. I personally don't have an issue with that, it does not cause a clipping problem... matter of fact EWS is a clue to ei presence. I have cut large city ABs with PPOs causing a delayed et response action in the area.. just one ei checking could have stopped it. Even this map I cut routes in those cities to prevent ETs from moving in.. ask dfire. He helped hold a factory a few weeks ago where I set up all kinds of PPOs. What's the difference between how close to and AB you set them? To me its tactics.

1 person likes this

On 2/26/2019 at 3:29 PM, Mosizlak said:

I've no problem with someone blocking the front of the vehicle spawn, it's not IN the spawn. I've no problem with someone spamming PPOs around the FB, as long as we can move in the actual spawns. 

A week or so ago, while Allies were defending Ham, there was "friendlies" building obstacles at the exits to the AB, blocking the ability of Allied tanks and guns to exit the AB.  This was hardly the first time I have seen this ....

I have a problem with that ..... so having some kind of tag on each obstacle that names the player that planted it, would help greatly to out the sadistic trolls that play only to frustrate the rest of the PB.

Maybe we need an MP class (with Jeeps!) to police the PB .....

<S>

2 hours ago, snappled said:

A week or so ago, while Allies were defending Ham, there was "friendlies" building obstacles at the exits to the AB, blocking the ability of Allied tanks and guns to exit the AB.  This was hardly the first time I have seen this ....

I have a problem with that ..... so having some kind of tag on each obstacle that names the player that planted it, would help greatly to out the sadistic trolls that play only to frustrate the rest of the PB.

Maybe we need an MP class (with Jeeps!) to police the PB .....

<S>

Exact same behaviour goes on with axis engineers - they just go NUTZ with the PPOs. Soon every murder hole is protected so eis are covered as they come in to the AB, and usually the bunker is obstructed as well. Panzers get bottled up at the gates trying to get around the barriers so called friendlies have placed - actually this is one of the few times our lack of panzers in most flags isn't a hindrance! LOL

The "builder" types just go mad, and seem to forget to play the game! :) Maybe they didnt get to play with lego when they were kids?

S! Ian

Ten or fifteen years ago, a consultant-type named Lum told CRS that they were missing out on significant revenue by designing the game only for Fighters, and the additional class to add first would be Builders.

Maybe Xoom is finally implementing that strategic recommendation?

10 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Ten or fifteen years ago, a consultant-type named Lum told CRS that they were missing out on significant revenue by designing the game only for Fighters, and the additional class to add first would be Builders.

Oh God, dont make us dig into the Lum file
The conversation on airplane controls is painful yet hysterical

Yep, his writing is...distressing to read. But, he did understand marketing.

A proven ability to generate big revenue numbers makes up for a lot of other things.

Who is this Lum you speak of. Must have been when I was away from the game.

Ha hahahaha  I remember reading that Lum post years ago and could never find it again.  Funniest thing ever.  

18 hours ago, ian77 said:

Exact same behaviour goes on with axis engineers - they just go NUTZ with the PPOs. Soon every murder hole is protected so eis are covered as they come in to the AB, and usually the bunker is obstructed as well. Panzers get bottled up at the gates trying to get around the barriers so called friendlies have placed - actually this is one of the few times our lack of panzers in most flags isn't a hindrance! LOL

The "builder" types just go mad, and seem to forget to play the game! :) Maybe they didnt get to play with lego when they were kids?

S! Ian

Yeah, when defending an FB it get's old. Some idiot making PPOs all over the place, on an otherwise easily defended FB.  No trees or bushes leading up to it, EI have to run across open ground, but NO! Here comes idiot friendly engineer building cover for the enemy to sneak thru. 

It's like they don't even use their brain lol. 

14 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Here comes an idiot friendly engineer building cover for the enemy to sneak thru.

Could be a tactic:

"OK, Player X, you'll switch to the other side and build us some cover."

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Could be a tactic:

"OK, Player X, you'll switch to the other side and build us some cover."

No I don't think it is that sinister, just missed placed enthusiasm.

S! Ian

1 person likes this

On 2/28/2019 at 0:53 AM, stankyus said:

You can't place sandbags inside the AB veh.. you can block the veh but that's it. I personally don't have an issue with that, it does not cause a clipping problem... matter of fact EWS is a clue to ei presence. I have cut large city ABs with PPOs causing a delayed et response action in the area.. just one ei checking could have stopped it. Even this map I cut routes in those cities to prevent ETs from moving in.. ask dfire. He helped hold a factory a few weeks ago where I set up all kinds of PPOs. What's the difference between how close to and AB you set them? To me its tactics.

You don't have an issue with spawning in and having 2-layer thick sandbags laid across the front of the vehicle spawn, preventing vehicles from leaving? With the HE fixed it's not as much of an issue, but it's still explicitly playing the wrong side to screw people over in completely unrealistic ways.

There was no ei check because it would have been someone playing on the same side.