G2j3rpK.jpg

We were here !
and won...
a new campaignwill be the result

join the dark side

we are warriors

are you a warrior?
1 person likes this

Seriously, are these not just a bit too creepy.....

I play predominantly axis and have zero empathy for these "propaganda" posts.

I would hate to think that any casual visitors to these forums, or any allied players, thought these in any way reflected my or many of my axis playing friends preferences.

I am sorry but German military personnel in torch lit processions has only one frame of reference and connotation in my mind, regardless of whether this was staged last year or 80 years ago.

S! Ian  

7 people like this

17 minutes ago, ian77 said:

I would hate to think that any casual visitors to these forums, or any allied players, thought these in any way reflected my or many of my axis playing friends preferences.

I am sorry but German military personnel in torch lit processions has only one frame of reference and connotation in my mind, regardless of whether this was staged last year or 80 years ago.

S! Ian  

sir

this vid is on the 50th anniversary of the Bundeswehr ? i sinc 2005 ?

what is the problem ? we play a ww2 game ?!!!

Torch are evil?

to much ? please give me a imput

19 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Somehow the organizers of the pictured event thought differently and we didn't have a single public outcry, not even from the Central Council of Jews in germany. There is such a thing as overthinking.

29 minutes ago, propa said:

sir

Torch are evil?

I think it’s fine propa. I see where Ian is coming from but it doesn’t cross any lines imo.

For me I think the torchlight parade can be seen as 'fascist'.  Especially after recent events held by violent alt-right groups in America.  There is also a similarity to [censored] WWII torchlight parades. 

For me I think the torchlight parade can be seen as 'fascist'. ???

Especially after recent events held by violent alt-right groups in America. ?

There is also a similarity to [censored] WWII torchlight parades. 

wtf

i hope is better

austrian army .zapfenstreich    sry with

torch

1 hour ago, ian77 said:

S! Ian  

you dont need to be afraid about the german military,not anymore,most of their equipment doesnt work.

Edited by bersi

8 minutes ago, rpw1 said:

For me I think the torchlight parade can be seen as 'fascist'.  Especially after recent events held by violent alt-right groups in America.  There is also a similarity to [censored] WWII torchlight parades. 

Sweet jesus, I am at a loss for words. This thing was held in 2005 and as I posted before, noone complained. Not even the highly alert Central Council of Jews in Germany. So put that overly pc bs where it belongs.

S! to the axis players on a well-fought victory.  Hopefully 161 ends differently.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, rote7 said:

Sweet jesus, I am at a loss for words. This thing was held in 2005 and as I posted before, noone complained. Not even the highly alert Central Council of Jews in Germany. So put that overly pc bs where it belongs.

propa asked what could be seen as objectionable after another member wrote about propa's original post.  I pointed out what I thought it could be.  

2 hours ago, propa said:

sir

Torch are evil?

I know what it is, I watched it and heard the commentary and can read the title at the top of the page, hence my comment on whether it was recent or 80 years ago. It conjures images of fascistic/military triumph that I am uncomfortable with.  We are called the Axis not Germany. The guys playing Axis are certainly not German, just a minority are. To represent the actual axis playerbase you should probably have the USA national anthem playing, and I would not like that either.

We are a polyglot playerbase, why do we have to have constant German military torch parades that hark back in most of our minds to a previous time of Germans marching around in black uniforms carrying flaming torches? Seriously, how many times have you posted that video on these forums? Enough is enough.

S! Ian

Guy is literally more PC than the Central Council of Jews in Germany. Now that should have a CSR achievement! 

Edited by gt3076r

2 hours ago, rote7 said:

I dont want to stop Germans in Germany celebrating the creation of their state.

I just do not see what your celebrations of 50 years of Statehood have to do with this game.

We have all seen it, why keep posting it? We are not the Bundeswehr so why keep posting it?

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

1 minute ago, ian77 said:

I dont want to stop Germans in Germany celebrating the creation of their state.

I just do not see what your celebrations of 50 years of Statehood (version 4?) have to do with this game.

We have all seen it, why keep posting it? We are not the Bundeswher so why keep posting it?

S! Ian

Propa constantly creates content to promote the game outside and within. Real question here is, why criticize him (when the game is arguably at its worst ever population wise and could if anything use this content) just because "you" feel uncomfortable about something that literally all of contemporary Germany is OK with?

Edited by gt3076r

LOL anything torches is a lil soft spot for american perception I think still :-p I love it though

Edited by kgarner

3 minutes ago, gt3076r said:

Guy is literally more PC than the Central Council of Jews in Germany. Now that should have a CSR achievement! 

Loving all the references to the Central Council of Jews....careful guys, your real motives are starting to peek out.

By all means celebrate the founding of your country, but stop making out it represents us all on team axis. It doesnt.

S! Ian

5 minutes ago, gt3076r said:

Propa constantly creates content to promote the game outside and within. Real question here is, why criticize him (when the game is arguably at its worst ever population wise and could if anything use this content) just because "you" feel uncomfortable about something that literally all of contemporary Germany is OK with?

Right so maybe his fascistic military torch parades are not the way to attract players then?

I am not in contemporary Germany, and 95% of the playervbase are probably not German, so why do we have to have this again and again and again? It has zero to do with our game.

S! Ian

Edited by ian77

2 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Right so maybe his fascistic military torch parades are not the way to attract players then?

I am not in contemporary Germany, and 95% of the playervbase are probably not German, so why do we have to have this again and again and again? It has zero to do with our game.

S! Ian

latest?cb=20171226232938