Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tyrdaimp

Artillery Systems

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a great recommendation for Artillery.

Well use the M5a1 Howitzer 105mm

To utilize the how to, you'll have to obviously orient your barrel at a high angle for its firing Arc.  When aiming down sights, it gives you its Azimuth and Elevation. 

Your ammunition will be 5 Location rounds which you fire and watch it on the map (Friendly/Blue mortar flying through the map) the purpose of it is to track where it will land. Once you see its splash mark on the map, you can adjust from there or swap over to HE rounds and begin your bombardment.

The second option would be LOS Line of Sight firing, where you would use a rangefinder to determine the Elevation of your gun for more accurate fire. The trade off is that if you see them, they see you.

Note that due to current limits for the engine, maximum range would be 5km(1km short of the Destroyer) or shorter for balancing effects. 

The artillery will have a slow reload time of 6.8seconds per shot, and to rearm would be double the time.

Artillery is extremely loud, so be weary of where you set up.

Naval vis range is 8km, seriously, check it out. Don't know about effective guns range though. And artillery would be great. 

One way you could perhaps send a gun's rounds as far downfield as they were capable of in rl, and without resorting to STOs, which some say is necessary but might need much code, would be multicrew; not on the gun, rather second 'crewman' is a spotter - gun fires, gunner's comp does advanced calculation of trajectory, sends precise info to spotter, assuming gunner has fired into spotter's area spotter's comp brings the round in and does the dirty work, then sends kill/damage info back to gunner. If shot is outside spotter's range, round disappears into the ether.

Can even do that with naval range LOS. That way all the nme, inf included, in the area of the shot are in the hit tabulations.

Edited by blggles

I actually tested Destroyer gun range at Antwerp.  My destroyer would fire from port to the enemy foward base to the east.  My alt account would watch the rounds blow up mid air.

3 hours ago, tyrdaimp said:

I actually tested Destroyer gun range at Antwerp.  My destroyer would fire from port to the enemy foward base to the east.  My alt account would watch the rounds blow up mid air.

because 3rd person view is not STO on naval guns, what you may have to do is, test on water, so flat, nothing blocking your view
either online with a friend or offline with a clone, then move 8km apart, either by putting a waypoint on your friend or just looking at the clones range in binocs
best you can, and using landmarks.
Then try and hit the thing.
Works best with a friend because he can provide real feedback even if you can not see well, when he starts taking damage.

I got these results about 8km of the cliffs of dover
01Umnfm.png

ZxIadv2.png

W091qRy.png

Edited by Merlin51

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0