• Announcements

    • SNIPER62

      64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

      CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
gavalink

weary of the cp camp

19 posts in this topic

There has to be a better way than capping a cp then getting camped by 5-6 et. Tired of the cp system.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, sitting duck for 4 min trying to cap is ghastly.  Base cap time need to be cut in half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Virton was a nice inf battle for both sides, not much armors, small arms fight, lot of kills. Was fun. Unfortunately, they are too rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Improving the capture system we have been used to for 18 years is definitely on my personal wishlist as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like almost every other PvP game now on the market:

Area-based capture.

Certain threshold of enemies within a certain radius of spawn point temporarily disables spawning there; if your defenders who are already spawned in on the ground are able to eject the enemies from this radius, spawning restored.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a post with pic a couple years ago, showing a spit actually capping, with timer and all.

He crash landed in to a CP and lived, cap timer counting.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, undercova said:

how about mattys and spitfires can cap CPs too ? :)

#1 on allied wishlist i heard :D

Hopefully never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, matamor said:

Hopefully never.

Spitfires can actually cap.  You just need to land the plane on the CP without crashing it lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gavalink said:

There has to be a better way than capping a cp then getting camped by 5-6 et. Tired of the cp system.

depots aren't a bad system in themselves, it's just that the person that designed the town layouts in this game had some very wrong ideas about what makes good FPS gameplay, or just didn't care

depots should be at least 500m away from the armybase (where the defender can spawn tanks), which is still a very short distance for a tank to travel but it's actually much longer than most are currently

but the main purpose isn't to affect tank travel, time but to add some space. there's literally no room to put up an ATG defense at the depot against the tanks coming from the AB

there are a few towns in the game that have some depots separated very far from the AB; they have markedly different gameplay retaking them isn't so simple

unfortunately half a dozen tanks parked 50m around a building shooting pop up targets gets mistaken as "combined arms" gameplay, so step one is actually convincing people here that it's not something desirable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the answer is... bring your own tanks and don't ninja the spawnable and then make the call to arms to spawn in without any armored support.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, david06 said:

depots aren't a bad system in themselves, it's just that the person that designed the town layouts in this game had some very wrong ideas about what makes good FPS gameplay, or just didn't care

depots should be at least 500m away from the armybase (where the defender can spawn tanks), which is still a very short distance for a tank to travel but it's actually much longer than most are currently

but the main purpose isn't to affect tank travel, time but to add some space. there's literally no room to put up an ATG defense at the depot against the tanks coming from the AB

there are a few towns in the game that have some depots separated very far from the AB; they have markedly different gameplay retaking them isn't so simple

unfortunately half a dozen tanks parked 50m around a building shooting pop up targets gets mistaken as "combined arms" gameplay, so step one is actually convincing people here that it's not something desirable

I second this statement. Old town designs are awful and depots should indeed by 250-500m out of the towns, while the center of town should be civilian buildings only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, gavalink said:

There has to be a better way than capping a cp then getting camped by 5-6 et. Tired of the cp system.

Just attack a German town that only has Infantry brigade as defense since they currently don't have mg equipped tanks.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, aismov said:

Well the answer is... bring your own tanks and don't ninja the spawnable and then make the call to arms to spawn in without any armored support.

Amen. 

Attacks either go like that, then everyone gets camped to hell, or there's a nice coordinated effort with armor and everything, but that draws in every defender on the map, so you slug it out while no one can cap anything. 

Or you play when there are 12 people on the server, and the side with 8 people caps the town lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, krusty said:

Just attack a German town that only has Infantry brigade as defense since they currently don't have mg equipped tanks.   

+1

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.