david06

Attack vs. Defense

282 posts in this topic

Completely F2P would have a powerful effect on population - I really like the idea, just need a way to fund it 

33 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

Completely F2P would have a powerful effect on population - I really like the idea, just need a way to fund it 

Completely F2P........Will not happen.

We have either defensive or attack mission. Give benefits to the attacking ones. 

#turtlesflu

2 hours ago, bmw said:

Completely F2P........Will not happen.

Maybe not. I know XOOM has spoken against this multiple times but I stand by it, it would be a powerful change in relation to building up the population. Just need a way to make it work financially. 

1 person likes this

I 100 percent disagree in full f2p because we don't have, and would find difficulty in implementing, cosmetics that could make up the game. BUT, I think Spring Awakening showed that there IS demand for the game... Just that the price point isn't there yet.

I think the Steam DLC unlocks and pricing need a big overhaul (SERIOUSLY, the medium armor for 17.99 is a huge ripoff once a camp past Tier 0) and sub prices should be at least looked at.

Gifting needs to be implemented with subs, and perhaps "user licenses" for squad subscriptions. I have dozens of thoughts in these regards lol.

1 person likes this

wwiiol is on steam, steam players are used to pay for a game ($10-80) and then play for free. Games pay themselves by doing DLC's, and that's what the rats should do. 

Pay for the game, then it's free. Add towns and if someone want's to play these he has to buy the DLC. Add equipment, and if someone wants to play that, he has to pay again.

At the bitter end, the money might be a bit less per player, but there will be more players playing. This is just the way things are done in Steam.

Maybe talk to google play or Apple, they have plans to compete with Steam and need content.

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, parasit said:

wwiiol is on steam, steam players are used to pay for a game ($10-80) and then play for free. Games pay themselves by doing DLC's, and that's what the rats should do. 

Pay for the game, then it's free. Add towns and if someone want's to play these he has to buy the DLC. Add equipment, and if someone wants to play that, he has to pay again.

At the bitter end, the money might be a bit less per player, but there will be more players playing. This is just the way things are done in Steam.

Maybe talk to google play or Apple, they have plans to compete with Steam and need content.

If they do a WWiionline V.2, then this is likely possible. From what I understand they do not have the capacity with the game software, transactional software and person power (individual customization ability) to really go there with WWonline V.1 iterations.  Would be something that really could make a difference though.

S!