david06

Attack vs. Defense

288 posts in this topic

Completely F2P would have a powerful effect on population - I really like the idea, just need a way to fund it 

33 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

Completely F2P would have a powerful effect on population - I really like the idea, just need a way to fund it 

Completely F2P........Will not happen.

We have either defensive or attack mission. Give benefits to the attacking ones. 

#turtlesflu

2 hours ago, bmw said:

Completely F2P........Will not happen.

Maybe not. I know XOOM has spoken against this multiple times but I stand by it, it would be a powerful change in relation to building up the population. Just need a way to make it work financially. 

1 person likes this

I 100 percent disagree in full f2p because we don't have, and would find difficulty in implementing, cosmetics that could make up the game. BUT, I think Spring Awakening showed that there IS demand for the game... Just that the price point isn't there yet.

I think the Steam DLC unlocks and pricing need a big overhaul (SERIOUSLY, the medium armor for 17.99 is a huge ripoff once a camp past Tier 0) and sub prices should be at least looked at.

Gifting needs to be implemented with subs, and perhaps "user licenses" for squad subscriptions. I have dozens of thoughts in these regards lol.

1 person likes this

wwiiol is on steam, steam players are used to pay for a game ($10-80) and then play for free. Games pay themselves by doing DLC's, and that's what the rats should do. 

Pay for the game, then it's free. Add towns and if someone want's to play these he has to buy the DLC. Add equipment, and if someone wants to play that, he has to pay again.

At the bitter end, the money might be a bit less per player, but there will be more players playing. This is just the way things are done in Steam.

Maybe talk to google play or Apple, they have plans to compete with Steam and need content.

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, parasit said:

wwiiol is on steam, steam players are used to pay for a game ($10-80) and then play for free. Games pay themselves by doing DLC's, and that's what the rats should do. 

Pay for the game, then it's free. Add towns and if someone want's to play these he has to buy the DLC. Add equipment, and if someone wants to play that, he has to pay again.

At the bitter end, the money might be a bit less per player, but there will be more players playing. This is just the way things are done in Steam.

Maybe talk to google play or Apple, they have plans to compete with Steam and need content.

If they do a WWiionline V.2, then this is likely possible. From what I understand they do not have the capacity with the game software, transactional software and person power (individual customization ability) to really go there with WWonline V.1 iterations.  Would be something that really could make a difference though.

S!

On 3/2/2019 at 4:24 PM, david06 said:

ATTACK:
I can decide to support the HC and drive a truck to a new attack. After seven minutes driving and setting a halfway-decent FMS, about five minutes walking to and through an empty town, a little over 10 minutes waiting for the AO to drop and the radios to go hot, and few minutes watching the actual capture timer go down a defender casually strolls in and kills me. It's pretty predictable, basically rolling the dice to see how bored the other side is. 24 minutes of basically wasted time.

The town had no Brigade, and no Garrison on it? The enemy drove to town to kill you from another town?

Oh, wait, the town was supposedly filled with troops (imagine whatever the town spawn list was, all in game at once, do you casually stroll through the town?).

That this is a typical experience (or even possible, frankly) shows a major flaw in game design.

No one should even be near the town before the radios are hot.

What we need are smaller units (than "Brigades" (this might be my addition)), and CPs all over the countryside. You must attack linked CPs (this is the @pfmosquito idea, assuming I am not butchering/changing it, though versions have been out there for ages). I would add that if a unit (Platoon? Squad?) is placed on the CP it gets a couple AI. Since the AI has to do for all directions, it has a wide arc of fire (180). If no units are on it, no AI. If the AI sees anything, EWS goes off.

I'd probably make the FBs CPs. So you own the FB close to a target town you want, and there are various farm houses around the FB, and maybe couple between there and town total (in a line). So if you attack the lown staright in, you take the string of CPs towards town, and then the spawnable (say it's the depot facing the FB) is live when the farmhouse nearest it gets capped. If you don;t want the enemy cutting you off, you take the CPs to either side of your line of advance as well.

The remaining units in the CPs are sent to a short resupply timer if you take the CP (so even a softcap of them has some positive effect on the attack), but the enemy can always attack from their flanking CPs, unless you cap all of them, encircling a town.

The OP side will be able to do this, but as they are captures (and timers still are a thing), it takes TIME.

1 person likes this

On 3/2/2019 at 7:43 PM, Jsilec said:

I drove an ms 15 minutes by myself then killed u 3 times while capping spawnable in feshaux just this afternoon lol ....good times!

Wow, what amazing content!

One guy wasting 28 minutes to drive in and set up an FMS to solo cap one depot and another wasting the same amount of time and effort to kill that guy three times.  

I can hardly contain my excitement... I'll go sign up for a sub RIGHT NOW

a. not  28 min

b. some of us like to drive trucks with fresh supply and set up were enemy is not looking ( called battlefield team stratagy, something missing for those who want to insta spawn into balle areas

c. when game was most ubber  groups of players teamed up to  hit  a stratigic goal as a team/  the k/d of each person was  not  the goal but the taking/deffending/ resupply etc of the GOAL to help win the overall goal ( take a town def a town etc.

The team work aka band of bro's  was the huge aluer for old vets/ and  people not wanting a me first  shooter but a  stratic  game.

d,AND yes i hav foudn  it excisting to drive  15 to 20 min to set up a  ms to save a town rigth under the noses of the attackers. ;)

21 minutes ago, girlfriend said:

Wow, what amazing content!

One guy wasting 28 minutes to drive in and set up an FMS to solo cap one depot and another wasting the same amount of time and effort to kill that guy three times.  

Beautiful thing about the game, if you want to spend 30 min driving a truck or tank in, you can.  If you don't want to spend 30 min driving a truck or a tank in, you're not forced to.  

Just because someone doesn't subscribe to your game-style, does not mean it's better or worse.

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, girlfriend said:

At least you can share your hate for FREE. 

1 person likes this